PDA

View Full Version : I want us to win as bad as anyone, so here

Drugdog
09-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Is my question? Who was the last good team we beat? Our last 3 victories are over Vandy, Southern Miss, NW State. So do u really think we are going to go to Auburn and beat them?
I hope like hell in wrong, I just don't see it.

Dak won't run and we can't tackle. Hope the Dogs prove me wrong !!

msstate7
09-25-2015, 12:54 PM
Good thing auburn isn't a good team

Beaver
09-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Is my question? Who was the last good team we beat? Our last 3 victories are over Vandy, Southern Miss, NW State. So do u really think we are going to go to Auburn and beat them?

It's not 2009 anymore bud.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2015, 01:02 PM

Yes, I believe we will win

TrapGame
09-25-2015, 01:06 PM
AU is a bad team for the level of talent they have. If a redshirt freshman QB w/ no real game snaps can make us look like fools it's time to ask some serious questions about this team and its coaches.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-25-2015, 01:06 PM

By your logic

A) Auburn isn't a good team

B) Auburn hasn't beat anybody since Treadwell broke his ankle

BB30
09-25-2015, 01:13 PM

Dak has run the football... only game he struggled to run was the LSU game and there was not much there... I don't particularly want my best QB running the ball against Northwestern State and USM and he still had over 70 yds against USM and over 50 against NWS.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Or the otherside of the coin, 3 of our last 4 losses have been against Top 10 teams. The fourth loss was a rivalry road game. Auburn is not a top 10 team right now. This isn't the Iron Bowl.

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 01:23 PM
Good grief. We went 10-2 in the SEC west last year. I guess it was last year when "the last good team we beat" occurred. Your question sounds like it's been 3 seasons. What was Bama's last good win?

TUSK
09-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Good grief. We went 10-2 in the SEC west last year. I guess it was last year when "the last good team we beat" occurred. Your question sounds like it's been 3 seasons. What was Bama's last good win?

That's actually a fair question...

I'd vote the ~30 point win over (11-3) #16 Mizzou in the SECCG, although Wisky may be considered a "good" win by the year's end...

Johnson85
09-25-2015, 01:42 PM
What was Bama's last good win?
Wisconsin. Before Wisconsin, they beat a solid Mizzou team and before that, a still decent Auburn team in a rivalry game. And not too much longer before that, they beat MSU.

Not that I disagree that the original point is a little overboard. It's not exactly crazy that a 2-1 team this year hasn't had a good win since last year. But our situation isn't comparable to Bama's.

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 01:45 PM
That's actually a fair question...

I'd vote the ~30 point win over (11-3) #16 Mizzou in the SECCG, although Wisky may be considered a "good" win by the year's end...

Yeah I agree. I was being kind of facetious with the question. And I do think Wisky will probably be a good win by the end as well. I think they make the championship game again.

defiantdog
09-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Wisconsin. Before Wisconsin, they beat a solid Mizzou team and before that, a still decent Auburn team in a rivalry game. And not too much longer before that, they beat MSU.

Not that I disagree that the original point is a little overboard. It's not exactly crazy that a 2-1 team this year hasn't had a good win since last year. But our situation isn't comparable to Bama's.

Too bad Tusk Nation is going to lose at least 2 more games this year. With Kiffin dipping his pen in company ink and the FCS quality QB's they have in their system, they're bound to lose a few more.

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 01:50 PM

Yeah I know. Was being a butt. Everything thing lately is about using such a small sample size that is skews the perception of people and programs. In Bama's last 4 games they only beat one descent team in Wisconsin. Well that doesn't tell the complete story of last year and this year is unwritten. Such extremism and small focus lately.

TUSK
09-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Too bad Tusk Nation is going to lose at least 2 more games this year. With Kiffin dipping his pen in company ink and the FCS quality QB's they have in their system, they're bound to lose a few more.

who are your picks for losses #2 and #3?

I'm sweating several, to be honest...

Alldawg
09-25-2015, 02:54 PM

2. Georgia
3. LSU
4. MSU

TUSK
09-25-2015, 03:08 PM
2. Georgia
3. LSU
4. MSU

Don't forget the game at Auburn....

Dawgowar
09-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Don't forget the game at Auburn....

Tusk, that one will be easy - keep it close untill the 4th quarter, tie it up, then position yourself for a field goal...er....sorry.

TUSK
09-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Tusk, that one will be easy - keep it close untill the 4th quarter, tie it up, then position yourself for a field goal...er....sorry.

Bastard!

Nice....

defiantdog
09-25-2015, 03:42 PM

@ Georgia, @ A&M, LSU @ home, and @ Auburn. Until Bama can find a QB that's not an idiot, then they could easily lose any of those 4. I'm still on the fence with the MSU vs Bama game. I'll throw our name in the mix if we handle business against Auburn this weekend.

Drugdog
09-25-2015, 04:06 PM

Numb nuts I am going back to last year and this year.

LC Dawg
09-25-2015, 04:17 PM
I will admit that last year I had a hard time expecting us to win big games because I had experienced so much failure as a Mississippi State fan. Last year's team proved me wrong. I know we finished weakly but those were not lousy teams we lost to. Our only hiccup so far this year is to the current #8 team and we didn't play well and still had a chance. These things happen. Remember also that that same LSU team bitch slapped the Auburn team that we play Saturday.
Last year's national champion had an early loss to a team much worse than this year's LSU team. Call me a sunshine pumper if you want but until we completely shit the bed I am still of the opinion that we will win the rest of our games (because we have the talent to do it) and I have to say it is a good feeling to have.

Drugdog
09-25-2015, 05:29 PM

I will admit that last year I had a hard time expecting us to win big games because I had experienced so much failure as a Mississippi State fan. Last year's team proved me wrong. I know we finished weakly but those were not lousy teams we lost to. Our only hiccup so far this year is to the current #8 team and we didn't play well and still had a chance. These things happen. Remember also that that same LSU team bitch slapped the Auburn team that we play Saturday.
Last year's national champion had an early loss to a team much worse than this year's LSU team. Call me a sunshine pumper if you want but until we completely shit the bed I am still of the opinion that we will win the rest of our games (because we have the talent to do it) and I have to say it is a good feeling to have.

I hope your right. Let's kick AU a**