PDA

View Full Version : Golden Triangle - 2017

TheProfessor
09-24-2015, 09:29 PM
The Ole Miss mods on 247 are saying OM has an outstanding chance to sign Willie Gay for 2017, MLB for Starkville. What is going on with Starkville and MSU? Is it Pogue? Just seems strange we have aton of talent within 30 miles of campus and can't get any of them to get on board after having a banner year last year. You would think these hometown boys would be fired up to play for us, but I just don't get that vibe listening to their interviews, etc. It would be a joke if we lost Gay to the bears. What's the story here?

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
What does Pogue have to do with Starkville?

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Here's the story- David Johnson thinks everyone is going to Ole Miss. Don't listen to him.

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 09:32 PM
What does Pogue have to do with Starkville?

Good question. I would say NOTHING since Ricky Woods who is a MSU grad is their head coach.

Behrdawg
09-24-2015, 09:35 PM
You lost me at "Ole Miss mods".

Ifyouonlyknew
09-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Here's the story- David Johnson thinks everyone is going to Ole Miss. Don't listen to him.

THIS!! At some point this recruiting cycle he's said they have a great chance at Scott Lashley, AJ Brown, & Kobe Jones.

TheProfessor
09-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Brain fart. I don't know why I thought Pogue got the Starkville job. But it just seems odd these local kids aren't more fired up about their hometown school after seeing the success we have had.

Homedawg
09-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Calm down. We are ok w aj at this point. But remember the ole miss payroll is going to have a huge hole in it losing 4 first rounders. Lots of money will be flowing. Lots.
Eta, that wasn't just referring to aj, just a general statement.

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Brain fart. I don't know why I thought Pogue got the Starkville job. But it just seems odd these local kids aren't more fired up about their hometown school after seeing the success we have had.

WTF? I'm going to pull a Rouge and call this guy a troll.

Especially since there is a better than average chance that we land all of them. Let them go through the process like Leo Lewis and Fletcher Adams did.

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Calm down. We are ok w aj at this point. But remember the ole miss payroll is going to have a huge hole in it losing 4 first rounders. Lots of money will be flowing. Lots.

Even with the investigation going on? They better be careful.

TheProfessor
09-24-2015, 09:51 PM

Especially since there is a better than average chance that we land all of them. Let them go through the process like Leo Lewis and Fletcher Adams did.

Might want to step away from the keyboard or go analyze our guys bunting techniques some more. My statement is valid and simply an opinion, you don't see these guys fired up for MSU right now. I know we are expected to close well, but it is still strange to me that we literally don't have a single commit from inside the golden triangle and its late September. How dare anyone question our recruiting tactics though

Ifyouonlyknew
09-24-2015, 09:52 PM

We are sitting fine with all the golden triangle guys. Not going public yet doesn't mean we're struggling with them.

mic
09-24-2015, 09:59 PM
The 2016 Golden Triangle Grand Slam coming soon...

Homedawg
09-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Even with the investigation going on? They better be careful.

Investigation, ha. Isn't going to stop that train....not getting caught on much of that....

TheProfessor
09-24-2015, 10:05 PM
The 2016 Golden Triangle Grand Slam coming soon...

Let's hope so. Our biggest recruiting need this class IMO is defensive line and we could close with some studs there.

smootness
09-24-2015, 10:06 PM
The Ole Miss mods on 247 are saying OM has an outstanding chance to sign Willie Gay for 2017, MLB for Starkville. What is going on with Starkville and MSU? Is it Pogue? Just seems strange we have aton of talent within 30 miles of campus and can't get any of them to get on board after having a banner year last year. You would think these hometown boys would be fired up to play for us, but I just don't get that vibe listening to their interviews, etc. It would be a joke if we lost Gay to the bears. What's the story here?

Chill.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2015, 10:17 PM

You left off your ****

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 10:40 PM
Might want to step away from the keyboard or go analyze our guys bunting techniques some more. My statement is valid and simply an opinion, you don't see these guys fired up for MSU right now. I know we are expected to close well, but it is still strange to me that we literally don't have a single commit from inside the golden triangle and its late September. How dare anyone question our recruiting tactics though

Because it's September and we currently lead for all of them. What's there to question? Hell, if they commit in January it's going to cause us to shoot up the recruiting rankings and get them and the class a lot of attention. I don't have a problem with that.

I'm not sure what you want those recruits to do as far as being "fired up." Hold a pep rally? They probably have a LOT going on right now since it is football season.

engie
09-24-2015, 10:53 PM
Yet David still crystal balled him to us.

Anyone he doesn't predict to OM at this point in the process, and especially ones he projects to us at this point, can generally be considered locks.

In the 2015 class, he predicted every single MS top 10 player to OM at some point in the process.

I seen it dawg
09-25-2015, 08:00 AM

Don't get ****ing mad when someone calls you out when you throw out South Panola OM jr U head coach for starkvilles and spout off some unfounded bullshit from some OM mods. Check yourself asshat.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Don't get ****ing mad when someone calls you out when you throw out South Panola OM jr U head coach for starkvilles and spout off some unfounded bullshit from some OM mods. Check yourself asshat.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

TheProfessor
09-25-2015, 11:17 AM

Oh boy we have another internet badass weighing in. Since when did this board get so sensitive? Man you're a tough guy!

Coach34
09-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Oh boy we have another internet badass weighing in. Since when did this board get so sensitive? Man you're a tough guy!

No- he's a Mod explaining to you that coming out here, being totally wrong, and then trying to throw panic doesnt lead to a long stay.

We are doing well in recruiting- just because the kids havent officially committed doesnt mean there is anything wrong. Can anybody name the last player out of Starkville to sign with Northern Miss? When it happens- we can start bitching

I seen it dawg
09-25-2015, 12:40 PM

Bye bitch

I seen it dawg
09-25-2015, 12:45 PM
We can rip our own people but some other muther****er isn't coming on here with 14 posts and ripping our people. Ain't happening. We aren't letting that trash stay on the board ****ing troll.

rtdawg
09-25-2015, 01:03 PM

That was awesome.....

Todd4State
09-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Ironic this thread happens the night before we get a commit from South Panola.

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 01:32 PM
There have been a bunch of ironic posting from new or low count posters the last few weeks.

CadaverDawg
09-25-2015, 02:08 PM
We can rip our own people but some other muther****er isn't coming on here with 14 posts and ripping our people. Ain't happening. We aren't letting that trash stay on the board ****ing troll.

http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/attachments/100984d1431451978-slow-clap.gif