PDA

View Full Version : Will we come out running or passing?

CadaverDawg
09-24-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm somewhat torn on how we should come out on offense in this game. Part of me thinks we should run it out of the gate, because Auburn is susceptible to the Read option. That being said, Muschamp knows that Dan has watched the film, plus Auburn has a new QB, so if we come out slinging it and put up a few quick scores....they're screwed.

So will we come out running, passing, or pretty balanced through our first 20 or so offensive plays?

And to take it a step further....if we come out running, who will be carrying it the most? Dak & Shump? Dak and Myles? Did Lee and Williams earn early snaps?

Just wondering how EliteDawgs thinks we'll come out looking offensively. I feel like Dan knows how crucial Dak's running will be in this game, so I fully expect him to run more than he has all year by a good margin. Thoughts?

msstate7
09-24-2015, 04:57 PM
I'd have run plays and pass plays and let what auburn does defensively dictate the call. I'd rather us throw early, run late though

Percho
09-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Play Fitz early and let Auburn adapt.

Percho
09-24-2015, 05:02 PM
They ain't the only one that has a new QB!

DownwardDawg
09-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Pass

EngineerDawg
09-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Run pass options.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2015, 05:41 PM

Hell, let him start so next year we have a "returning starter".

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Run pass options.

Save that for the 2nd half. May not need it.

Taco
09-24-2015, 05:43 PM
If Shump starts - Air Raid

If Lee, Aeries, Dear 3 headed monster start - read option to set up the pass

sorrydog
09-24-2015, 05:55 PM
the first 3 games tell us that we are better at passing, so start passing and throw it 50 times, or at least until we are ready to play the backup rb's

archdog
09-24-2015, 06:04 PM
Don't really care as long as we score the first 7 times we touch the ball. 49-0 halftime score sounds good.

Attack the edge with speed. Quick crossing routes and wr screens to get the safeties down. Let Dwilson off his chain. Time to go balls to the wall.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2015, 06:21 PM
We'll start out pass heavy. They'll probably double Bear, so look for Walley, the Freds and Shump to be targeted early.

Once we get 2-3 completions and a couple 1st downs we can start mixing in some zone read plays and Dak needs to take what the defense gives him.

Behrdawg
09-24-2015, 06:29 PM

Fitz is 3rd. Why would we play him early? We have Dak.

I think we should come out with Lee and Williams and establish the running game with them and Dak. Get Auburn focused on the run the. Attack with the pass game. But I'm sure Mullen will play cock-slap instead.

shoeless joe
09-24-2015, 06:30 PM
If history is any indicator we will come out throwing. With the weapons we have I'm ok with that. Then we can use the run to break their will and destroy their hopes.

gravedigger
09-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Passing. To te and bear. Untill they backup and then truck them. It would have worked vs lsu.

Until a team stops our spread passing with myles and the rest, we need to exploit their loading the box to stop Dak.

RTGDFB will ONLY work once a team backs out of the box. If the rest of the world thinks Dak's legs are the only weapon we have then we MUST exploit that.

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 06:33 PM

I think we should come out with Lee and Williams and establish the running game with them and Dak. Get Auburn focused on the run the. Attack with the pass game. But I'm sure Mullen will play cock-slap instead.

I agree, and I do think that Dan is going to be conservative and come out running. We'll see which RB's play.

gravedigger
09-24-2015, 06:35 PM

Where dis u get that fitz is 3rd? He cam in after dak last game, was the white team strter in the spring game.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Where dis u get that fitz is 3rd? He cam in after dak last game, was the white team strter in the spring game.

He's trolling. Fitz is a clear #2.

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Auburn is giving up over 250 rush YPG. If we don't come out and try to run it down their throat from the first snap, we need new offensive coaches. Period. #RTDF

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Given the way our run blocking has looked, we better come out passing. If we come out running we need new offensive coaches. Period. **** (sort of on the ****))

There are two sides of that coin WMD. In all honesty I would say we need to come out trying to do both and let's see what works.

Bothrops
09-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Our key is to run Dak and force mistakes on their offense. Think about it..an inexperienced QB will be in a private world of shit if he ****s up a few times. There goes his confidence..then the defense will smell blood.

Behrdawg
09-24-2015, 06:55 PM

It was voice Typo. Doesn't really matter either way. Dak is the QB.

And why would I troll my own board?

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2015, 07:07 PM
Given the way our run blocking has looked, we better come out passing. If we come out running we need new offensive coaches. Period. **** (sort of on the ****))

There are two sides of that coin WMD. In all honesty I would say we need to come out trying to do both and let's see what works.

While you make a point, the fact is undisputed that Auburn's run D has been horrible so far. This is the type of matchup where you try to get it going against a quality opponent who's weakness matches up against a weakness we need to improve. And with Dan finally telling Dak to run, I think our rushing offense will look better this week. At least I hope it will. If it doesn't, we can forget any serious run for a division or conference title this year. Everything we do offensively is built off our ability to run the football. We're going to learn a whole lot about our team in about 48 hours. Personally, I'm excited, because I think this group is going to rise to the challenge.

BoomBoom
09-24-2015, 07:18 PM
While you make a point, the fact is undisputed that Auburn's run D has been horrible so far. This is the type of matchup where you try to get it going against a quality opponent who's weakness matches up against a weakness we need to improve. And with Dan finally telling Dak to run, I think our rushing offense will look better this week. At least I hope it will. If it doesn't, we can forget any serious run for a division or conference title this year. Everything we do offensively is built off our ability to run the football. We're going to learn a whole lot about our team in about 48 hours. Personally, I'm excited, because I think this group is going to rise to the challenge.

Auburn will seek to run as much as possible, as their QB is their weakness and it will also serve to shorten the game against a superior opponent, giving them a chance to sneak out with a win. Sound familiar? Let's not repeat our LSU mistake by playing right into their hands. Throw the damn ball. TTDB.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Our key is to run Dak and force mistakes on their offense. Think about it..an inexperienced QB will be in a private world of shit if he ****s up a few times. There goes his confidence..then the defense will smell blood.

Is this conservative ass Dan Mullen?

This is an easy answer. You do what this team does best and blitzkreig their ass with the hurry up, spread passing game from the moment you get off the bus.

Hopefully Dan has learned by now. This should be his most aggressive game plan since coming to MSU. Make Auburn play on our terms and then make them quit once up by two scores by pounding the ball.

Behrdawg
09-24-2015, 07:43 PM
If Shump starts - Air Raid

If Lee, Aeries, Dear 3 headed monster start - read option to set up the pass

Hey Smitty.

EngineerDawg
09-24-2015, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing first and dak, second and dak, and third and dak to be honest.

CadaverDawg
09-24-2015, 09:00 PM
Hey Smitty.

Ha, MSDawgs34 aka Will James aka Smitty has been banned again? What did he do this last time? And where the hell did "Taco" come from, Smitty?

I seen it dawg
09-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Just being himself

TaleofTwoDogs
09-24-2015, 10:02 PM
How about starting with the wishbone with Dak under center, Lee at fullback and Fitz & Staley as halfbacks. How in the hell do you defend that?

OK, fantasy football is over and I'll put down the Jack.

Pinto
09-24-2015, 10:04 PM
My guess is something like this
https://38.media.tumblr.com/7e608cef47f908f18e498d7b0ddaed87/tumblr_n4x5pzVPxN1s1v3r1o1_400.gif

Coach007
09-24-2015, 11:54 PM
If we don't come out balanced, we won't win. When I say balanced, I mean in run, pass, and spread.

RougeDawg
09-25-2015, 02:12 AM
I'm somewhat torn on how we should come out on offense in this game. Part of me thinks we should run it out of the gate, because Auburn is susceptible to the Read option. That being said, Muschamp knows that Dan has watched the film, plus Auburn has a new QB, so if we come out slinging it and put up a few quick scores....they're screwed.

So will we come out running, passing, or pretty balanced through our first 20 or so offensive plays?

And to take it a step further....if we come out running, who will be carrying it the most? Dak & Shump? Dak and Myles? Did Lee and Williams earn early snaps?

Just wondering how EliteDawgs thinks we'll come out looking offensively. I feel like Dan knows how crucial Dak's running will be in this game, so I fully expect him to run more than he has all year by a good margin. Thoughts?

The only real question is whether we come out "Juiced Up" or "Pussed Up". After beating Auburn last year and moving into #1 Dan has stuck with the "Pussed Up" approach to just about every meaningful ballgame we've had. Do we expect him to do something different that he hasn't in almost a full season of games? Was he hiding his hand against LSU hoping we could will out a W after shitting the bed in the first half? Was he thinking the Bama, EB and OrangenBowl 1st half bed shitting of Games in 2014 were a fluke and not representative of a trend of "Relentless Pussification"? Not necessarily players Pussification but Dan and coaches. His f***ing comments after EB pussgame "well we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs even if we had won" should have made every true maroon State fan feel the urge to want to throat punch him. Dan transformed into a complete v*g*n* after Auburn last year and has not shown one ounce of fire since. That's what truly concerns me. We have the players to beat anyone, but a coach who has seemed to check out.

Until I see a change in Dan Mullen's "chuckles, aw shucks, happy go lucky, right on man" attitude after a blowout win or heartbreaking loss, I have zero confidence in him actually taking this team to its maxim potential. In 2010 he had a fire to prove everybody wrong. In 2015 you can't tell if he was playing for the SECWest title or a Tuesday night Tiddlywinks tournament championship at Chuck-E-Cheese! Until that SOB stops being complacent and regains his old fire, we will continue to see ends of tight games like we witnessed against the now #8 team in the land.

BB30
09-25-2015, 08:19 AM
The only real question is whether we come out "Juiced Up" or "Pussed Up". After beating Auburn last year and moving into #1 Dan has stuck with the "Pussed Up" approach to just about every meaningful ballgame we've had. Do we expect him to do something different that he hasn't in almost a full season of games? Was he hiding his hand against LSU hoping we could will out a W after shitting the bed in the first half? Was he thinking the Bama, EB and OrangenBowl 1st half bed shitting of Games in 2014 were a fluke and not representative of a trend of "Relentless Pussification"? Not necessarily players Pussification but Dan and coaches. His f***ing comments after EB pussgame "well we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs even if we had won" should have made every true maroon State fan feel the urge to want to throat punch him. Dan transformed into a complete v*g*n* after Auburn last year and has not shown one ounce of fire since. That's what truly concerns me. We have the players to beat anyone, but a coach who has seemed to check out.

Until I see a change in Dan Mullen's "chuckles, aw shucks, happy go lucky, right on man" attitude after a blowout win or heartbreaking loss, I have zero confidence in him actually taking this team to its maxim potential. In 2010 he had a fire to prove everybody wrong. In 2015 you can't tell if he was playing for the SECWest title or a Tuesday night Tiddlywinks tournament championship at Chuck-E-Cheese! Until that SOB stops being complacent and regains his old fire, we will continue to see ends of tight games like we witnessed against the now #8 team in the land.

I think I see what your saying maybe... but I actually think it is good our guys stay on an even keel. Just like any sport if your too up you can play tight and make mistakes and if your down obviously there are alot of issues there. And generally your guys are going to take the mentality of your coach. Just because Dan isn't ra ra yay or dang we played terrible every time something happens doesn't mean he has lost his "fire" I assure you there is no one that wants to win worse then he does.

DownwardDawg
09-25-2015, 08:54 AM
It was voice Typo. Doesn't really matter either way. Dak is the QB.

I thought you were trolling another poster. It's the only thing that made sense to me. My bad.

Behrdawg
09-25-2015, 08:58 AM
I thought you were trolling another poster. It's the only thing that made sense to me. My bad.

No worries

BeardoMSU
09-25-2015, 09:07 AM
My guess is something like this
https://38.media.tumblr.com/7e608cef47f908f18e498d7b0ddaed87/tumblr_n4x5pzVPxN1s1v3r1o1_400.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db4Nds4BOVo

fishwater99
09-25-2015, 09:08 AM
Pass the ball early to set up the run.
If we lose this game because of play calling I might go off the deep end..

Dawg61
09-25-2015, 10:22 AM

Yea this year he's #2 and next year he's still #2 cause Mullen is going to start Williams not Fitz. Mark it down.

HancockCountyDog
09-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Yea this year he's #2 and next year he's still #2 cause Mullen is going to start Williams not Fitz. Mark it down.

Now that is how you troll.

Dawg61
09-25-2015, 10:26 AM

Lol you wouldn't but it's C34's favorite hobby

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 10:27 AM

Yeah that won't be happening

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 10:27 AM

Haha

Dawg61
09-25-2015, 10:28 AM

Idk why you guys think this is a troll post? I've been saying it for months and nobody wants to see it or recognize it. Damian Williams is our starting QB next year. Not Fitz. Not Staley. Why this gets ignored or not believed is a mystery to me.

JoseBrown
09-25-2015, 10:32 AM
This is an easy answer. You do what this team does best and blitzkreig their ass with the hurry up, spread passing game from the moment you get off the bus.

Hopefully Dan has learned by now. This should be his most aggressive game plan since coming to MSU. Make Auburn play on our terms and then make them quit once up by two scores by pounding the ball.

Yes, it should be! If it is we win easy. I'm counting on an aggressive game plan on both sides of the ball. I might even line Dak up at MLB first play on defense. That might screw with the young QB enough the rest of the game should be easy! Seriously though, we should play very aggressive, make it LSU game of last year!

Just no conservative Dan. Put the hammer down from start to finish. Play basketball on grass..seems to be working for our little sisters!

Ifyouonlyknew
Idk why you guys think this is a troll post? I've been saying it for months and nobody wants to see it or recognize it. Damian Williams is our starting QB next year. Not Fitz. Not Staley. Why this gets ignored or not believed is a mystery to me.

I'll take that bet with any odds & whatever you want to put up.

HancockCountyDog

Ok - good luck with that.

I think odds are better than 50/50 that Williams won't even be on the roster come next August, but troll on brother.

HancockCountyDog
09-25-2015, 10:33 AM

Uh Dawgs61...

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-04-2014/XN4BLa.gif

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 10:35 AM

Name the terms. I'm all in.

HancockCountyDog
09-25-2015, 10:39 AM
Name the terms. I'm all in.

So far, here is what I've come up with, but it's early:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPdNtZqWUAA26O6.png

Political Hack
09-25-2015, 10:41 AM

CDM may get cute with the Sr stuff at other positions, but QB isn't going to roll that way. Tebow, as a freshman, still split time with a Sr Chris Leak, who broke a lot of Florida passing records and won offensive MVP of the national championship game. CDM is going to play talent at that spot. I see Nicky Fitz and Staley splitting time. In fact, y'all should go ahead and start thinking of a clever nickname for the duo. Fitzley?

Really Clark?
09-25-2015, 10:45 AM
So far, here is what I've come up with, but it's early:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPdNtZqWUAA26O6.png

Lol. Keep them coming!! This could get interesting

Dawg61
09-25-2015, 11:51 AM

Only terms would be that you'd actually have to post a pic of who the **** you really are but I won't put you in that awkward position. I'll stand alone I guess. I'm saying Williams starts game 1.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Only terms would be that you'd actually have to post a pic of who the **** you really are but I won't put you in that awkward position. I'll stand alone I guess. I'm saying Williams starts game 1.

LOL you still wouldn't have any more idea who I was with a pic.

Dawg61
09-25-2015, 11:59 AM
LOL you still wouldn't have any more idea who I was with a pic.

I give zero shits who you are. The pic would eliminate all the annoying Dan jokes that get posted every single time you post. That's what I'd like unless you are somehow Megan Mullen's vag_na. I'd probably look at that too.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-25-2015, 12:11 PM
I give zero shits who you are. The pic would eliminate all the annoying Dan jokes that get posted every single time you post. That's what I'd like unless you are somehow Megan Mullen's vag_na. I'd probably look at that too.

I guess it'll just remain a mystery.

Dawg61
09-25-2015, 12:23 PM
CDM may get cute with the Sr stuff at other positions, but QB isn't going to roll that way. Tebow, as a freshman, still split time with a Sr Chris Leak, who broke a lot of Florida passing records and won offensive MVP of the national championship game. CDM is going to play talent at that spot. I see Nicky Fitz and Staley splitting time. In fact, y'all should go ahead and start thinking of a clever nickname for the duo. Fitzley?

I'm totally fine with Nickjah Fitzley being the starter till one of them clearly becomes the answer. I'd personally go with Nick over Staley because he's more mature but holy shit did Staley throw the prettiest bomb I ever seen a MSU QB throw. That pass was top-tier NFL quality beautiful.