PDA

View Full Version : Key Questions for Auburn Week

BeastMan
09-24-2015, 03:54 PM
http://3rdand57.com/key-questions-for-the-bulldogs-auburn-week/

Cadaver is back talking MSU football with me.

BeastMan
09-24-2015, 03:57 PM
The questions:

(1) Through 3 games the MSU defense has only 2 takeaways. Being that turnovers are the calling card of Diaz’s defense, do you have any level of concern there?

(2) We saw a wrinkle against Northwestern State where Gabe Myles and Malik Dear were motioned from the slot into the backfield as a RB with some running plays and read option mixed in. I thought adding another RB next to Dak led to some creative running plays. Is that a solid answer against real competition?

(3) Fun stat question. MSU has the best 3rd down defense in the SEC only allowing opponents to convert 20.93% of the time. Auburn’s is second to last allowing 50% conversions. Do we see that trend continued Saturday and if we do what are the chances for an upset on The Plains?

(1) MSU fans were very opinionated last week about what they were hoping to see vs Northwestern State. What were your takeaways from the game Saturday, and what didn’t we accomplish that you had hoped we would?

(2) Auburn is reeling after a close win vs Jacksonville State and a blowout loss at LSU. You might say that for a program of their caliber, with their expectations, they are one more knock-down from staying on the mat for this season. That being said, what are your 3 biggest keys to Mississippi State giving them the knockout blow, and taking home a W on the Plains this weekend?

(3) I always love a good hypothetical. This weekend we have the ball at Auburn’s 35 yard line, 3 seconds left on the clock, trailing by 2. We have a 52 yard FG attempt for the win. Bringing in Bell and him missing it again, would look really bad…..but bringing in Graves and hitting it would make everyone question his decision in the LSU game. Dan could prove a point by letting Graves kick it short, to show the fans why Bell kicked at LSU. Dan loves Bell, and he said after the LSU game, “we have Graves for short-range, and Bell is our long-range FG kicker”. So……Who trots out there to kick it? Who does Dan send out to kick the 52 yard game winner at Auburn this weekend?

MSUDawg99
09-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Another solid Q&A, guys. The last sentence by you, Beast, is my favorite.

CottonDog
09-24-2015, 05:11 PM
If it comes down to a 52 yard field goal and Graves doesn't kick it, I'd just trot Dak out there and run the same play as the last play before the half in the Orange Bowl.

CadaverDawg
09-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks again to BeastMan.

I'm anxious to hear how EliteDawgs would answer some of these questions.....especially the FG kicker question. Could get entertaining knowing this bunch.

BeastMan
09-24-2015, 07:46 PM
Another solid Q&A, guys. The last sentence by you, Beast, is my favorite.

Haha. Thanks. I was trying to be honest.