PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you pulling for USM this weekend?

Jack Lambert
09-24-2015, 02:32 PM
I am.

Bama_Dawg
09-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Oh heck yea. If they can go to Lincoln, and kick that Nebraska butt, that'd be awesome.

And my wife is a USM alumni. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Yeah, the weeks after our wins against them were not stellar, to say the least.

FISHDAWG
09-24-2015, 02:42 PM
absolutely ... just as I will pull for all of our OOC opponents .... oh yeah, I also pulling for a miracle with Vandy Saturday

Political Hack
09-24-2015, 02:52 PM
hell yes. with all the fever and emotion of a true golden buzzard fan. I may even clap a time or two.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-24-2015, 02:52 PM
A USM win will look good on our resume.....if our resume is worth looking at after Saturday. Obviously no one has looked at it yet this year; hopefully they will at some point during the season.

Swagger Vance
09-24-2015, 02:55 PM
I've always pulled for them against other opponents. Home state underdogs that get no respect...easy to relate. Go buzzards!

Political Hack
09-24-2015, 03:17 PM
LSU is obviously good. USM is averaging 54 points in their other 2 contest. If USM upsets Nebraska, and they could, it's going to open some eyes.

We win the next 2 we should roll into the tide at 8-1, playing at home, and still in the SEC West race.

Dawgtini
09-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Yes. I hope they win out.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Yes. I've kept up with them more than ever since our game. They gained my respect by the way their players and coaches approached our game. They let it all hang out. Balls to the wall.
They accomplished what they wanted to by getting us to play them again. Many more people from Mississippi are keeping up with them now. I would venture to bet that more casual fans will be attending a few of their games.

But, I'm for NEVER playing them again.

Irondawg
09-24-2015, 04:19 PM
USM will have to play mistake free as their defense still has a lot of holes . They are going to need to put up 35+ I think to pull an upset off

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Oh, hell no. I long for the day when Delta State is their rival.

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Oh, hell no. I long for the day when Delta State is their rival.

This. Dunno why some of our fans seem to think USM succeeding is a good thing. Let them rot.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2015, 06:46 PM
No. I was at MSU during the Reggie Collier/Sammy Winder days. I hate them nearly as much as I do UM.

RougeDawg
09-24-2015, 07:11 PM
LSU is obviously good. USM is averaging 54 points in their other 2 contest. If USM upsets Nebraska, and they could, it's going to open some eyes.

We win the next 2 we should roll into the tide at 8-1, playing at home, and still in the SEC West race.

This. Like the attitude but it all depends on one person. Daniel Mullen. He will be the reason we are or are not 8-1 with Saban and his Son in law OC rolling into town. Dan has to eliminate the bonehead calls on his end for us to reach 8-1.

RC3
09-24-2015, 07:22 PM
in a normal year, no I wouldn't pull for them. But a win by them this weekend would be a resume booster for us so I'll be pulling for them and I actually think they have about a ten percent chance of pulling it off

AusTexDawg
09-25-2015, 09:31 AM
If Pelini were still there, definitely. Helps our resume and dings the Big Ten. Maybe not as much if Nebraska were still in the Big XII(-2). Everything I've ever heard about HC Mike Riley is that he's the nicest guy in college football. He seems really down-to-earth, and I hate that he has a couple heartbreaking losses already. So it's a wash as far as my rooting interests in this game.

BulldogtheMS
09-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Did yall forget about the ticket fiasco a few weeks ago? I hope Nebraska hangs 50 on them. They screw OUR program and school every chance they get. GTHUSM