PDA

View Full Version : Questin about our QB's and the rest of the SEC West.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Watching everyone in the West play I truely feel all three of our QB's would make a run at being the starters on every team. In fact I think all three could start at any of the other teams.

My question is this. Did State get lucky in recruiting or does State have better QB coaching than everyone else?

Cabo32
09-24-2015, 02:26 PM
I think they'd have a really good chance everywhere other than A&M and OM.

To answer your question..I think Dan does a fantastic job developing QBs

Jack Lambert
09-24-2015, 02:28 PM
I think they'd have a really good chance everywhere other than A&M and OM.

To answer your question..I think Dan does a fantastic job developing QBs

I could agree about A&M but Kelly does not impress me one bit.

Cabo32
09-24-2015, 02:32 PM
I could agree about A&M but Kelly does not impress me one bit.

Well that's because, as they said on H2H, Kelly "only played a C- game" at bama...haha.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Well that's because, as they said on H2H, Kelly "only played a C- game" at bama...haha.

To me Kelly looked lost at Bama. I think all those incompletion and blocked passes got in his head. First two games were pretty easy for him.

thf24
09-24-2015, 03:04 PM
To me Kelly looked lost at Bama. I think all those incompletion and blocked passes got in his head. First two games were pretty easy for him.

Not to mention that he was throwing bad balls up for grabs all night and got lucky enough that they all had neutral or positive results.

RealHastings
09-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Agree wholeheartedly about Kelly. Has not impressed me one bit. If you notice, most all his TD passes have been to wide open wrs. And then there was the flukey tipped pass, or course. His wrs make him look better than he is--just throw it up. Fitz or Staley, either, would give him a run for his money imo.

Sirbarksalot
09-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Is this a troll?

Alldawg
09-25-2015, 02:51 PM
Is this a troll?

You will be lucky to avoid the ban hammer by the end of the day

Sirbarksalot
09-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Haha. You are probably right but I can't help but call a spade a spade. I like our guys a lot but it's like they say - the backup qb is every teams best player. They are young and Mullen will develop them into really good players, because that's just what he does, but saying they would compete for any starting job in the sec now is a little over the top.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Haha. You are probably right but I can't help but call a spade a spade. I like our guys a lot but it's like they say - the backup qb is every teams best player. They are young and Mullen will develop them into really good players, because that's just what he does, but saying they would compete for any starting job in the sec now is a little over the top.

You don't think Saban and Miles woundn't have a hard on for our back ups?

Jack Lambert
09-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Is this a troll?

Not sure who you are calling a troll but I got over 2000 posts, you have 7, I'm being positive and you are being negative. I think I know who the real troll is.

Pokechop Womack
09-25-2015, 03:10 PM

stop being ignorant

DancingRabbit
09-25-2015, 03:15 PM
If this is the same Sirbarksalot, he's a good guy and has been around on State boards for 15 years.

Hey Sirbarksalot, what was your handle previously? I know it's been a long time, but I vaguely remember you changing and thinking your original moniker was a good one.

Sirbarksalot
09-25-2015, 04:06 PM
I've had several handles, this is the only one I've had on ED thoug; and yes, I've been on pretty much every msu board that has ever existed. I don't post very much anymore, used to post a good bit on sec rant and I still go over to six pack every now and then. More of a lurker these days.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2015, 04:12 PM
stop being ignorant

What he didn't looked lost when he threw up that lucky pass? Hell he didn't know if he should be worried or celebrate. Everytime he went to the side lines freeze had to set him down a talk to him to settle his nerves. The guy was lost. They won not because of him, their offense or defense. they won because Bama gave them the ball five times. So don't come over here and start to throw insults. Go to six pack if you want to do that.

Not calling names is what made elite dawg so good.

Sirbarksalot
09-25-2015, 04:12 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument and I guess I can believe that you believe what you are posting is true; I just can't fathom what you are basing it on. Like I said I like our guys a lot and I firmly believe dan will make great players out of them but if they had to start right now we wouldn't be talking about competing for the west...they just aren't there yet. Im all about being positive but Im also a realist.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument and I guess I can believe that you believe what you are posting is true; I just can't fathom what you are basing it on. Like I said I like our guys a lot and I firmly believe dan will make great players out of them but if they had to start right now we wouldn't be talking about competing for the west...they just aren't there yet. Im all about being positive but Im also a realist.

If you are not trying to start a arguement why is your first post in the thread basically calling someone a troll?

Sirbarksalot
09-25-2015, 04:43 PM
I thought it was such a ridiculous statement that i assumed it was a troll. I'm not yet familiar with posting styles over here. upon further review, I could see nick competing for the job and maybe winning it at Florida, SCar, mizzou, Vandy and auburn. I think Allen at arky spins it pretty good and is better than the team he is on, I think your hatred for the black bears is clouding your view of Kelly who is a pretty good QB, I like Murray at A&M, Dobbs is good, lambert at GA was amazing last week, Harris at LSU is much improved and I think that bama would have won last week if they had started Coker. Also, towels at Ky is good.

Coach34
09-25-2015, 05:07 PM
MGK got lucky on some passes- but he held it together and beat Bammer. He is doing a good job for them so far.