PDA

View Full Version : Since the beat up bear thread is locked I'll add my two cents here

starkvegasdawg
09-24-2015, 09:33 AM
First of all, walking down a street talking trash in no way justifies getting your jaw broken in two places. That being said...what the hell was he thinking? Some things you just don't do. You don't walk around Toomer's Corner yelling Roll Tide. You don't go to downtown College Station and yell Hook em horns. You don't scream go Buckeyes in Ann Arbor. I wouldn't go to the square in Oxford and scream GTHOM. You're asking for trouble when you do. No, you are on your knees BEGGING for trouble by doing that. So on that fateful Saturday night he was in downtown Tuscaloosa around a bunch of drunk people that most of which are rabid Bama fans and just saw their chance of a national title shot flushed down the toilet. They aren't used to losing and sure aren't used to losing at home to someone like TSUN. They're mad. Mad beyond what any rational person has ever been. These are people that name their children and pets after former coaches. With some exceptions, this is not a rational bunch. So, an hour or so after what they considered the absolute unthinkable happens, they see a fan of the opposing team on their home turf rubbing it in. You might as well have told them Jesus was an Auburn fan and Bear Bryant was gay pedophile. I'd say he was lucky to get off as easy as he did.

Original48
09-24-2015, 09:44 AM
There is really no excuse for that to happen. But as you mentioned, Alabama is a COMPLETELY different animal...

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl football game was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman.Adrian Laroze Briskey, 28, was charged Monday with murder in the killing of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/12/02/deadly-shooting-over-alabama-loss-to-auburn/3819905/

MrKotter
09-24-2015, 09:58 AM
And then you have a, supposed, eye witness account.......

Unfortunately, my son and I were also witnesses to what happened. We were also walking behind Ryan and his friend, who wa s wearing a light blue shirt. It was obvious Ryan had had too much to drink as he was walking crooked down the street while hollering antagonizing comments that were obviously meant for Bama fans….such things like he saw these 2 concrete elephant statues on a porch and he kept saying where are all the elephants, I haven’t heard them all day….isn’t it funny where are all the elephants hadn’t heard anything from them all day…..he just kept on and on. At that point a man wearing a white shirt and khaki pants walking with a group ahead turned around and walked back and stood right in front of Ryan and said something like…you need to shut your mouth and hit him. It made a horrible breaking noise. I turned my head as to grab my son and head down a driveway to get off the street. I honestly didn’t know what was going to happen next. Ryan’s friend did nothing it was another guy that came and got in between them and stretched his arms out and said something. The guy turned around and walked ahead to get with his group. Ryand just stood there like a statue. His friend came up and stood beside him. Ryan said nothing. Then all of a sudden he took off running ahead as if to try to jump the guy from behind. At that point my son and I started back walking and we met Ryan and his friend walking back toward the strip as we were all walking toward Innisfree when this happened. We heard his friend tell his…I guess we can go back and look for him if you want but I didn’t see him. The entire incident was unnerving at best. My son even said …..if we can just get to our car. Late games mixed with alcohol equals bad results. There were police at each intersection but this happened in between the intersections. When we got to the next I tersection, at Perfect Touch there police there not where it happened. Not defending the guy that did this but not defending Ryan either. He antagonized that entire situation! I told my son…you just have to ignore people like that and keep walking…..and he said …..but mama he’s was going to get hit sooner or later talking like that…..out of the mouths of babes……

Dawgface
09-24-2015, 10:03 AM
All I can say is wow. I would certainly hate for my child or wife to see something like that. Hell.....that is unnerving for anyone.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2015, 10:12 AM
I saw a UM student at the Egg Bowl in the MSU student section get punched in 1997. He was with some MSU students and after the 2 point conversion started yelling and flipping everyone off. One guy just punched him and he rolled down the steps. If he wasn't so drunk it would have hurt him bad.

Not saying he deserved it but there is a level of Darwinism at work.

BossDawg
09-24-2015, 10:30 AM
This is nothing but an instance between a fan of one team that can't handle failure and another fan of a team that can't handle success. I think you all know who is who.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2015, 10:45 AM
At the LSU game there were a bunch of LSU fans screaming crap out but the State fans just egnored them.

solodawg
09-24-2015, 10:52 AM
This is nothing but an instance between a fan of one team that can't handle failure and another fan of a team that can't handle success. I think you all know who is who.
You're right!! It just seems to happen more often to OM fans after a big win. Didn't this same thing happen in Texas a couple of years ago?

RC3
09-24-2015, 11:28 AM
I'll just say this. when we won at lsu last year, i kept my head down, stayed with a group of state fans and went straight to the car. didnt say a peep. i knew better. don't kick a man while he is down

somebodyshotmypaw
09-24-2015, 11:35 AM
I'll just say this. when we won at lsu last year, i kept my head down, stayed with a group of state fans and went straight to the car. didnt say a peep. i knew better. don't kick a man while he is down

Smart guy. You don't have to remind LSU that they got their ass kicked. They already know that.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2015, 01:00 PM

Yep, I have this aversion to getting my ass kicked. When I'm out-manned and/or out-numbered I don't talk shit. Doesn't matter how drunk I get.

shannondawg
09-24-2015, 01:03 PM
You can tell they don't have much success winning on the road, or it wouldn't have been the first time he got his clock cleaned.

Coach34
09-24-2015, 01:40 PM
You're right!! It just seems to happen more often to OM fans after a big win. Didn't this same thing happen in Texas a couple of years ago?

Its a microcosm of their fanbase...loudmouthed idiots that always talk to much shit.

Behrdawg
09-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Problem is you have a bunch of pompous ass, chubby wearing loud mouths that rely on an attorney to protect them. None of them have the balls to man up and fight back. One hit and that's it.

Bothrops
09-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Many of us have known about OM fans for decades. Now it's getting slowly revealed to the rest of the world. Eventually, some people are going to realize that OM isn't as cool as they've been led to believe.

Cabo32
09-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Kid should've known better and kept his mouth shut. This stupid shit happens all the time..a drunk asshole says something and "pays" for it. I know I said some stuff when we beat LSU in Baton Rouge..luckily some piece of shit didn't decide to come up and sucker punch me..haha

Drugs Delaney
09-25-2015, 05:56 AM
There was a State fan beaten for ringing a cowbell near the "Walk of Fags" before the Egg Bowl in '10.

Crystal Balls
09-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Some lessons are best learned the hard way.

Jarius
09-25-2015, 09:07 AM
The egg bowl fan in the student section that flipped the entire student section off after the 2 pt conversion deserved to get his ass whooped. I'll say it. I would expect nothing less if one of our fans was stupid enough to do it in their student section. Any fan dumb enough to go on the road and run their mouth to the home team fans is probably a drain on society anyway.

yakalot
09-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Many of us have known about OM fans for decades. Now it's getting slowly revealed to the rest of the world. Eventually, some people are going to realize that OM isn't as cool as they've been led to believe.

They're not known by the Aggie fans as "Tea Sips lite" for nothing.

sleepy dawg
09-25-2015, 01:24 PM
First of all, walking down a street talking trash in no way justifies getting your jaw broken in two places. That being said...what the hell was he thinking? Some things you just don't do. You don't walk around Toomer's Corner yelling Roll Tide. You don't go to downtown College Station and yell Hook em horns. You don't scream go Buckeyes in Ann Arbor. I wouldn't go to the square in Oxford and scream GTHOM. You're asking for trouble when you do. No, you are on your knees BEGGING for trouble by doing that. So on that fateful Saturday night he was in downtown Tuscaloosa around a bunch of drunk people that most of which are rabid Bama fans and just saw their chance of a national title shot flushed down the toilet. They aren't used to losing and sure aren't used to losing at home to someone like TSUN. They're mad. Mad beyond what any rational person has ever been. These are people that name their children and pets after former coaches. With some exceptions, this is not a rational bunch. So, an hour or so after what they considered the absolute unthinkable happens, they see a fan of the opposing team on their home turf rubbing it in. You might as well have told them Jesus was an Auburn fan and Bear Bryant was gay pedophile. I'd say he was lucky to get off as easy as he did.

And you don't mess around with Jim.

defiantdog
09-25-2015, 02:00 PM

I don't understand the big deal here. The guy was mouthing off and got smacked. It's his own damn fault. How do you resolve the situation? Don't mouth off! I don't care what fanbase it is. If you're going to act like an ass then you should expect consequences. This story makes about as much sense as someone getting on a commercial airline and yelling "I have a bomb!", then getting pissed off because he got arrested. Also, he must have had a glass jaw.