PDA

View Full Version : So Ole Mi$$ is determined to go on probation...

HancockCountyDog
07-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Apparently they have pissed off Texas fans and alumni by $tealing a DE from Dallas.

They fail to realize that buying players out from under us may not get them in trouble, but the last school to steal players from Texas ended up with the death penalty.

You can't steal players from Texas that Texas wants and expect to get away with it.

Political Hack
07-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Or the #1 OT out of Georgia... who had been a long time UGA lean. If thu would've stopped at Nkemdiche they would've been fine, but I expect some considerable headaches thrown their way in the near future.

Coach34
07-21-2013, 10:57 AM
The quote by the kid was hilarious:

"I know there are going to be some angry Texas fans but I had to do what was best for me and my family."

You notice how their recruits and the Cam Newton's of the world always say this? Have we ever had one recruit utter these words?

messageboardsuperhero
07-21-2013, 11:06 AM
The quote by the kid was hilarious:

"I know there are going to be some angry Texas fans but I had to do what was best for me and my family."

You notice how their recruits and the Cam Newton's of the world always say this? Have we ever had one recruit utter these words?

That and "This was a business decision." CJ Johnson and his new truck approve this phrase. Everyone in America who follows college football knows what it means...

MSUDawg4Life
07-21-2013, 11:51 AM
@EricNahlin
From what I've heard a certain SEC booster is buddy buddy with a DFW power. Once I get the booster's name...fireworks. Just need his name.

@EricNahlin
Victor Evans to Ole Mi$$. LOL.

Coach34
07-21-2013, 11:56 AM
@EricNahlin
From what I've heard a certain SEC booster is buddy buddy with a DFW power. Once I get the booster's name...fireworks. Just need his name.

@EricNahlin

He needs to send what he has to OM Compliance- they will get to the bottom of it

MSUDawg4Life
07-21-2013, 11:58 AM
He's already getting threats of being sued.

Todd4State
07-21-2013, 12:29 PM

That's Ole Miss's solution for everything.

msstate7
07-21-2013, 12:48 PM

I think they're just threatening lawsuits. Do they really wanna bring more attention to this? What if joe blow who makes the accusation brings proof to court? Ole miss doesn't want that

Homedawg
07-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Nothing is going to happen to them. I've resigned myself to this fact.

msstate7
07-21-2013, 12:57 PM

I don't really think so either. That said if other conferences keep raising hell about the sec cheating, I could see slive offering them up to protect the big boys.

mic
07-21-2013, 01:33 PM
The best way this is going to blow up is you have kids who really don't want to play ball there but are HAVING to go there anyway..

Coach34
07-21-2013, 01:33 PM

Most people feel this way- but do find it interesting it keeps popping up with other schools- not just State fans saying it

Coach34
07-21-2013, 01:34 PM
The best way this is going to blow up is you have kids who really don't want to play ball there but are HAVING to go there anyway..

just doing what's best for them and their family

msstate7
07-21-2013, 01:37 PM
One of these schools could potentially set ole miss up. Have a kid express interest only to mess ole miss up

MaroonDawg4Life
07-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Hack, when is the "IT" coming out??

hacker
07-21-2013, 02:51 PM
https://twitter.com/EricNahlin/status/358712073997389824

@EricNahlin 21h
Probably shouldn't tweet this, but don't care. Ole Miss' newest recruit was emotional when his parent said he couldn't commit to UT 1 mo ago

AROB44
07-21-2013, 03:31 PM
That would be poetic justice.

Todd4State
07-21-2013, 03:36 PM
I think the thing that has the most potential to take them down would be a former player that goes rouge. Similar to SMU or Auburn in the early 1990's. Of course I have heard rumors about former players being paid to keep quiet- Pat Patterson in particular.

FlabLoser
07-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Auburn has had former player go rouge, talk about getting paid, and nothing happens.

Look, NOTHING happens unless a school turns itself in.

Dawgowar
07-21-2013, 04:11 PM
It won't have to be the Texas Alums or Boosters who hit them first. The DFW Media Market remains as cutthroat as it was depicted in 'Pony Excess'. If they pick up the scent it will go to ground quickly. Mack Brown has no reason to fear Rebel retribution in his home state. Not like Freeze and company got the goods on them.

I fall into the category of the Bears being Teflon Coated Recruiting Serial Killers. Somebody could film one of their 5 Stars being blown with one hand on the blonde's head holding a crack pipe and the other hand taking a bag of cash from the school's biggest booster - they would still prancercise their way through it.

Meanwhile one of our 3 star kids gets a coupon for a dipped cone at Dairy Queen and our compliance office dispatches a group of wailing women to confess our crimes to the NCAA.

civildawg
07-21-2013, 05:08 PM
We say this EVERY year and nothing has happened yet so I highly doubt anything comes from it

maroonmania
07-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Auburn has had former player go rouge, talk about getting paid, and nothing happens.

Look, NOTHING happens unless a school turns itself in.

Bingo. You only get in trouble for recruiting violations these days if you turn yourself in and do the NCAA's investigation for them ala Bracky-style. That's why MSU compliance is one of the biggest roadblocks right now to MSU football success.

The Croom Diaries
07-21-2013, 06:53 PM
It won't have to be the Texas Alums or Boosters who hit them first. The DFW Media Market remains as cutthroat as it was depicted in 'Pony Excess'. If they pick up the scent it will go to ground quickly. Mack Brown has no reason to fear Rebel retribution in his home state. Not like Freeze and company got the goods on them.

I fall into the category of the Bears being Teflon Coated Recruiting Serial Killers. Somebody could film one of their 5 Stars being blown with one hand on the blonde's head holding a crack pipe and the other hand taking a bag of cash from the school's biggest booster - they would still prancercise their way through it.

Meanwhile one of our 3 star kids gets a coupon for a dipped cone at Dairy Queen and our compliance office dispatches a group of wailing women to confess our crimes to the NCAA.

hell of a first post my friend.

Political Hack
07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Hack, when is the "IT" coming out??

they outsource their compliance and don't comply with FOIA requests from reporters. Might not come out until an investigation is concluded... but I feel pretty strongly that one will be conducted. Might find nothing... might find a lot.

Goat Holder
07-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Probably doesn't matter but Tunsil is from Lake City, FL. More Gator territory than anything else, the intersection of I-10 and I-75 essentially. They got him because the Tuohy's gave them Super Bowl tickets and a few 100K.

Oxfordawg
07-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Guess if you're 6'5 potential big time recruit they will adopt you but I'm sure its just their out pouring love

FlabLoser
07-21-2013, 09:42 PM
they outsource their compliance and don't comply with FOIA requests from reporters. Might not come out until an investigation is concluded... but I feel pretty strongly that one will be conducted. Might find nothing... might find a lot.

Outsourcing compliance to a law group and then camping out behind attourney client priviledge is a stroke of genius. We should do that.

That outsourced compliance dept can be as unscroupulous as they want, doing nothing illegal and everything against the rules - all outside any direct instruction or knowledge from Ole Miss. The cheaters conduct their own investigations and find nothing. So simple, it is laughable.

And ridiculous that we don't do it.

Political Hack
07-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Guess if you're 6'5 potential big time recruit they will adopt you but I'm sure its just their out pouring love

I've always wondered why they didnt adopt his brothers and sisters. Wasn't he their "caretaker" for a while? And the. he just gets adopted and they're on their own?

Oxfordawg
07-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Because I think of their big boosters like the Mandingo guy on Django exploiting men til they are used up or done then when they no longer find use for them throwing them to the dogs wish people could see past how shallow these people are. And to answer the question the other siblings had nothing to offer

Coach34
07-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I've always wondered why they didnt adopt his brothers and sisters. Wasn't he their "caretaker" for a while? And the. he just gets adopted and they're on their own?

****'em if they cant block SEC DE's

HancockCountyDog
07-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Probably doesn't matter but Tunsil is from Lake City, FL. More Gator territory than anything else, the intersection of I-10 and I-75 essentially. They got him because the Tuohy's gave them Super Bowl tickets and a few 100K.

I sure hope you have sent to NCAA any rumor you have heard about tunsil and cash.

Oxfordawg
07-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Forget the NCAA send it to the pissed off Texas reporter

HancockCountyDog
07-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Forget the NCAA send it to the pissed off Texas reporter

+1

landsharks
07-22-2013, 02:19 AM
I heard they paid treadwell 325k and tunsil 400k .... from my best friends dads basketball team starting center. he is treadwell a cousin and has told me this

Political Hack
07-21-2017, 09:10 AM

From 4 years ago. This has all been a long time coming.

FISHDAWG
07-21-2017, 09:19 AM

seems like the NCAA would have learned a lesson here and should change policy about getting around this FOIA by outsourcing ... but of course it might not even matter to them, maybe it's a federal issue. It's actually a brilliant maneuver by them but in this case it's only delaying the inevitable ... There shouldn't be a way to circumvent the act and render it almost useless ..... however, they did give up the phone records so there's that

ETA - can't believe I just responded to a 4 year old thread

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2017, 09:23 AM
@EricNahlin

@EricNahlin

Jim Shute? He's from Dallas.