PDA

View Full Version : Just sit back and enjoy the ride

chizmo19
09-23-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't post on here often but after reading a lot of this malarkey, I feel that I must. Folks just sit back and enjoy the ride we're on. I know everyone remembers the days when we were 2-10 blah blah blah. Those days are behind us. We were number 1 in the country last year. Some of you need to sit back and think about that. NUMBER 1! 2 SI photo covers (3 counting this year). We played in the Orange bowl. BE HAPPY!

Oh so you don't like the defensive strategy? So what. There are a lot of coaches, a lot smarter than you who pieced together these strategies on actual film study and massive knowledge of the game. Not NCAA football '14.

Realistically, we're not going to win every game. But be happy with the games that we do win. Mullen has done more for this program than anyone can imagine. In only his 6th year, he had us #1 in the country and off to the Orange bowl. Yeah, considering where we were before he got here, I'd say that's a pretty darn good job. Cut the man some slack folks.

Hate me all you want, but I want CDM to stay forever and continue building what he has already started. Hell I want a statue of him up when it's all said and done.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride guys. We're good. This is the greatest era in MSU football history and some of you still aren't satisfied. If you don't enjoy it, one day you might look back and regret it.

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2015, 01:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/33X8UsB.gif

Dawg61
09-23-2015, 02:03 PM
I don't post on here often but after reading a lot of this malarkey, I feel that I must. Folks just sit back and enjoy the ride we're on. I know everyone remembers the days when we were 2-10 blah blah blah. Those days are behind us. We were number 1 in the country last year. Some of you need to sit back and think about that. NUMBER 1! 2 SI photo covers (3 counting this year). We played in the Orange bowl. BE HAPPY!

Oh so you don't like the defensive strategy? So what. There are a lot of coaches, a lot smarter than you who pieced together these strategies on actual film study and massive knowledge of the game. Not NCAA football '14.

Realistically, we're not going to win every game. But be happy with the games that we do win. Mullen has done more for this program than anyone can imagine. In only his 6th year, he had us #1 in the country and off to the Orange bowl. Yeah, considering where we were before he got here, I'd say that's a pretty darn good job. Cut the man some slack folks.

Hate me all you want, but I want CDM to stay forever and continue building what he has already started. Hell I want a statue of him up when it's all said and done.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride guys. We're good. This is the greatest era in MSU football history and some of you still aren't satisfied. If you don't enjoy it, one day you might look back and regret it.

<------------------------ Gene's Page

HoopsDawg
09-23-2015, 02:06 PM
This is what people do on message boards. Also, malarkey? Who talks like that.

Last season was great right up until we lost 3 of our last 4 including the Egg Bowl and Orange bowl.

People just want to see the best players play regardless of class. Their is a history of this. Perkins/JRob, Broomfield/Slay, Eulls at DE over P. Smith, Russell/Dak, and now we are seeing it at multiple positions.

No one wants Mullen fired but we do want to see better first half game plans in big games. And Diaz is going to be under the microscope since it was a questionable move bringing him back after he left us once.

chizmo19
09-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Is that really what people do on message boards? Thanks for the tip.
Last season was great until we lost 3 of 4. Awwwwww.. you didn't get your national championship. Yeah it sure sucked going to the Orange bowl, didn't it?

Take out your microscope and examine thoroughly. We'll all be waiting to hear what you have to say.

msstate7
09-23-2015, 02:18 PM
And Diaz is going to be under the microscope since it was a questionable move bringing him back after he left us once.

I feel a little better about Diaz after usm put up 50+ in back-to-back games and lsu hung 40 on auburn. Ready to see how well we play vs auburn

Really Clark?
09-23-2015, 02:20 PM
Dak started every game but one and played most of the series when they both were healthy in 2013. That was not a good example because the younger player disproves that theory. And if you are talking before the season started there were very few that thought we should play Dak from day one exclusively over Tyler. He accomplished too much and was rated very comparably to the rest of the league QB's including rating ahead of some more named QB's.

TrapGame
09-23-2015, 02:24 PM
I feel a little better about Diaz after usm put up 50+ in back-to-back games and lsu hung 40 on auburn. Ready to see how well we play vs auburn

I concur with this assessment.

If Manny just about shuts down Gus's offense Saturday night I'll be very pleased.

Dawgtini
09-23-2015, 02:27 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/picard_clapping.gif

RougeDawg
09-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Is that really what people do on message boards? Thanks for the tip.
Last season was great until we lost 3 of 4. Awwwwww.. you didn't get your national championship. Yeah it sure sucked going to the Orange bowl, didn't it?

Take out your microscope and examine thoroughly. We'll all be waiting to hear what you have to say.

There's a bear amongst us. Come on guys y'all are slippin. Read his post "you didn't get your national championship" is the dead giveaway. This shit almost sounds like something that douchebag John Chisolm spews on Twitter. Screen name also lends to that suggestion.

Political Hack
09-23-2015, 02:43 PM
There's a bear amongst us. Come on guys y'all are slippin. Read his post "you didn't get your national championship" is the dead giveaway. This shit almost sounds like something that douchebag John Chisolm spews on Twitter. Screen name also lends to that suggestion.

if he signed up in February to try to trick us in September, he deserves a few more tricks for biding his time.

Either way, he has a point. We're way better than we've ever been historically because of Mullen and the program is in great shape. Enjoy it. We won't be losing to Maine this year.

smootness
09-23-2015, 02:44 PM

I actually agree with this. I do think it's fine to discuss what we think we did well, what we need to do better, criticisms with coaching, etc. But ultimately, I do hope all of our fans are actually enjoying this. I tend to think those suggesting Mullen is an idiot or thinks he invented football aren't enjoying it, though.

Look back at the late 90s. If you were someone who was frustrated during that run, or thought we should have been way better considering our issues at QB, you missed out on a truly great run for the program. The early 2000s came, and you probably realized you should have enjoyed that run more.

If you can't enjoy where the program currently is, you should stop following sports. Same with the baseball program. No one likes what we did last season, obviously. But if you can't enjoy a season like being a regional host and ultimately losing in the SR, then you should stop following it because it's only going to ever make you miserable.

chizmo19
09-23-2015, 02:49 PM
I actually agree with this. I do think it's fine to discuss what we think we did well, what we need to do better, criticisms with coaching, etc. But ultimately, I do hope all of our fans are actually enjoying this. I tend to think those suggesting Mullen is an idiot or thinks he invented football aren't enjoying it, though.

Look back at the late 90s. If you were someone who was frustrated during that run, or thought we should have been way better considering our issues at QB, you missed out on a truly great run for the program. The early 2000s came, and you probably realized you should have enjoyed that run more.

If you can't enjoy where the program currently is, you should stop following sports. Same with the baseball program. No one likes what we did last season, obviously. But if you can't enjoy a season like being a regional host and ultimately losing in the SR, then you should stop following it because it's only going to ever make you miserable.

Very well put

defiantdog
09-23-2015, 02:50 PM

USM has a chance to cover against Nebraska this weekend as well. Hell, they may even win that game.

Barking 13
09-23-2015, 03:09 PM

rep points

BB30
09-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Some legit points. That run in the 90's was great but relatively short lived. I think this run has a chance to create some consistency, Coach Mullen has done a fantastic job.

LC Dawg
09-23-2015, 03:31 PM

I think all of our fans are enjoying it but I do think some are not enjoying it enough. We all get upset at times, especially after losses, but those that just can't seem to let things go are just missing out in my opinion. I'm enjoying every second of it.
The ones I'm jealous of are the students. I graduated in 93 so I got to enjoy a little success as a student but no Mississippi State students have experienced their football team having success as some of the current students. My daughter is a senior this year. I keep telling her that she and her classmates are the luckiest students ever as far as football success. I can't imagine being a student on campus during a year like last year.

MadDawg
09-23-2015, 03:40 PM
if he signed up in February to try to trick us in September, he deserves a few more tricks for biding his time.

Either way, he has a point. We're way better than we've ever been historically because of Mullen and the program is in great shape. Enjoy it. We won't be losing to Maine this year.

Agree.

And I thought Alabama fans were delusional. #fireDiaz was trending on Facebook earlier in the week because we gave up a long TD drive to NWState. Unbelievable. And I read on here and other places about the "multiple" players that are playing but the backups are better. Bullshit. How the hell would you know anyway? Been to practice? Basing it on their high school highlight video? You don't freaking know. Period. I'll take our coaches decisions over your wild assumptions any day of the week.

AusTexDawg
09-23-2015, 03:47 PM

^This. It's great that we've raised our expectations, but 6 of the 7 $4+million coaches in the SEC West won't win the division. I live among a BigXII(-2) fanbase who doesn't appreciate the success they've had when things were good but not great. The high highs, like last year's run, are much sweeter for having been through the low lows, even with the frustrating finish. Like the rest of us, I want a few SEC titles and a national championship, but at the same time, I don't want to wind up sounding like an entitled brat as fans of some other teams do.

FISHDAWG
09-23-2015, 03:49 PM
I think all of our fans are enjoying it but I do think some are not enjoying it enough. We all get upset at times, especially after losses, but those that just can't seem to let things go are just missing out in my opinion. I'm enjoying every second of it.
The ones I'm jealous of are the students. I graduated in 93 so I got to enjoy a little success as a student but no Mississippi State students have experienced their football team having success as some of the current students. My daughter is a senior this year. I keep telling her that she and her classmates are the luckiest students ever as far as football success. I can't imagine being a student on campus during a year like last year.

hammer meet nail .... I'll bet most of this stuff is coming from folks under 26-27 yrs old that fortunately for them - they don't remember or even know about where we were not that many years ago or when we were trading coaches like stock certificates

ScoobaDawg
09-23-2015, 04:01 PM

He's legit... I know who he is.

Rogue.. Calm down. your Paranoia radar is wayyy off.

Political Hack
09-23-2015, 04:06 PM

figured that. Not sure why positive posts are always accused of being rebel trolls. If they want to annoy us with positivity, be my guest.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-23-2015, 04:07 PM
The guy has a point. For those of you who were fortunate enough to miss it, last week was the 7 yr. anniversary of the 3-2 game. Sorry you didn't miss it this week.

I was looking at the stats for that game. We had a total of 6 first downs. We had 38 yards rushing; 78 yards passing. Read that again... Our longest gain on the night...13 yards.

Last year we had 24 first downs. We had 238 yards rushing; 246 yards passing. Read that again....
We had 7 different players make plays longer than 13 yards.

Rejoice

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2015, 04:12 PM

OUTSTANDING! I hoped you ducked though!

msstate7
09-23-2015, 04:13 PM
The guy has a point. For those of you who were fortunate enough to miss it, last week was the 7 yr. anniversary of the 3-2 game. Sorry you didn't miss it this week.

I was looking at the stats for that game. We had a total of 6 first downs. We had 38 yards rushing; 78 yards passing. Read that again... Our longest gain on the night...13 yards.

Last year we had 24 first downs. We had 238 yards rushing; 246 yards passing. Read that again....

Rejoice

Yeah, but we gave up 20 more points***

LC Dawg

Rejoice

If that doesn't make everyone elated with where we are now nothing will.

ScoobaDawg

Rejoice

Just stop talking about that game please. Some things just need to be forgotten. there was jackie bad, regular croom bad and then that night...

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2015, 04:18 PM
figured that. Not sure why positive posts are always accused of being rebel trolls. If they want to annoy us with positivity, be my guest.

There is NOTHING wrong with being positive. If our players and coaches had the attitude a lot of MSU internet posters have we would never win a dang game. What I always find really interesting is those who shrilly go after positive posters. It always makes me wonder...........

sleepy dawg
09-23-2015, 05:30 PM
He's not a Rebel, and agree 100%. His place isn't Gene's page, it's right here. Y'all just can't believe someone might night be a miserable old shit like y'all. The point remains the same though, quit being crybaby bitches, because that's all y'all are acting like... Todd, wmd, etc, etc, etc..there's about 20 of you (or more). Quit being whiny ****ing bitches. It's not just 20 year olds. There are grown ass old men on here that are just bitches. Miserable whiny bitches. They aren't happy, and they won't ever be. No matter the success we have, they are still miserable. I'm starting to think even if we won the championship y'all would be pissed because someone on the team made a mistake. Now that I think about it, how did we even get to #1 last year or the Orange bowl when our coaches are clearly so ****ing terrible?... Oh, yeah, they do some things good... i forgot that they do just some things right, but suck everywhere else.

Everybody who is still pissed off and so angry that they can't even begin to enjoy this season and the promise it still has... YOU ARE A BITCH. Ban me if you want little baby bitches. And, if anyone is acting like a Rebel it's y'all. Since when did MSU fans become a bunch of self entitled whiny pricks?

Go ahead and edit me.

Quaoarsking
09-23-2015, 06:26 PM
http://perfectlycursedlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/malarkey.gif

Dawg61
09-23-2015, 08:22 PM
He's not a Rebel, and agree 100%. His place isn't Gene's page, it's right here. Y'all just can't believe someone might night be a miserable old shit like y'all. The point remains the same though, quit being crybaby bitches, because that's all y'all are acting like... Todd, wmd, etc, etc, etc..there's about 20 of you (or more). Quit being whiny ****ing bitches. It's not just 20 year olds. There are grown ass old men on here that are just bitches. Miserable whiny bitches. They aren't happy, and they won't ever be. No matter the success we have, they are still miserable. I'm starting to think even if we won the championship y'all would be pissed because someone on the team made a mistake. Now that I think about it, how did we even get to #1 last year or the Orange bowl when our coaches are clearly so ****ing terrible?... Oh, yeah, they do some things good... i forgot that they do just some things right, but suck everywhere else.

Everybody who is still pissed off and so angry that they can't even begin to enjoy this season and the promise it still has... YOU ARE A BITCH. Ban me if you want little baby bitches. And, if anyone is acting like a Rebel it's y'all. Since when did MSU fans become a bunch of self entitled whiny pricks?

Go ahead and edit me.

Haha

RougeDawg
09-24-2015, 12:03 AM

Calm down say Ye Shotgun? Hmm? So speaking to other state fans in terms of "AWW, you didn't win your national championship" doesn't scream bear and/or non MSU supporter? I'm having a difficult time comprehending the words from this statement any other way. Please clarify this for me. What did he mean by saying "you (we MSU fans to clarify for the densely minded) did not win your national championship"? That choice of vocabulary suggests said poster is not a Bulldog supporter. Please sell me on it being any other way. I'm waiting, but not holding my breath. His rhetoric from word one was from an outsider looking in. Please go back, objectively re-read, and reassess the conclusions you deduce from the choice of vocabulary. I'm sorry for reading things for what they are. I don't care if those clowns joins and attempt to troll, but there are some easily identifiable parts of posts that point them out. I'll try to sit back and let everyone be had, but that's not who I am.

I will also admit I have a close State friend who's is a Bear apologist and will defend them more than one of their own. Same bs rhetoric he uses.

Todd4State
09-24-2015, 12:18 AM

I enjoy winning. I enjoyed 1999 even though we would have been better on offense playing Dontae and Dicenzo more.

But if you are not constantly looking to improve you are going to go backwards pretty soon- and that goes for ANYTHING in life. And then you have to rebuild because you get comfortable in thinking that "there is a chance it will get better."

I'm happy with winning- but I would rather us beat a SEC team 35-10 than 24-21. Why? It makes us look like a better program. I'd also rather not lose a close game when we have playmakers that can help us on the bench sitting there.

And as far as our "current state of the program"- here are our wins since we beat Arkansas last year- Vanderbilt, USM on the road, and Northwestern State. Lots of reason to rejoice and not be concerned right now.**

And yes, the Orange Bowl certainly did suck because we finished up by losing to Alabama, Ole Miss, and then the bowl game. Our program will not move forward until we get rid of the moral victory attitude.

ScoobaDawg
09-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Calm down say Ye Shotgun? Hmm? So speaking to other state fans in terms of "AWW, you didn't win your national championship" doesn't scream bear and/or non MSU supporter? I'm having a difficult time comprehending the words from this statement any other way. Please clarify this for me. What did he mean by saying "you (we MSU fans to clarify for the densely minded) did not win your national championship"? That choice of vocabulary suggests said poster is not a Bulldog supporter. Please sell me on it being any other way. I'm waiting, but not holding my breath. His rhetoric from word one was from an outsider looking in. Please go back, objectively re-read, and reassess the conclusions you deduce from the choice of vocabulary. I'm sorry for reading things for what they are. I don't care if those clowns joins and attempt to troll, but there are some easily identifiable parts of posts that point them out. I'll try to sit back and let everyone be had, but that's not who I am.

I will also admit I have a close State friend who's is a Bear apologist and will defend them more than one of their own. Same bs rhetoric he uses.

I'm saying you don't need to be the "Bear" patrol. Every post on here is read daily by one of the mods. You point out someone you think is a Bear all the time it seems.
He wasnt defending the Bears or talking like one. He was pointing out about our crazy fans who should take a step back and remember how far we have come instead of shouting mayhem that we don't shit excellence.

As I said, I know who the poster is and can vouch for him. He's a Bulldog.

Dawgface
09-24-2015, 07:36 AM

Yep. Perhaps OM will have the better record than us this year(jury still out) but that doesn't mean we can't still have a good year and enjoy it. Smell the flowers while they are blooming, you never know what the future may hold.

Really Clark?
09-24-2015, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;416550]I enjoy winning. I enjoyed 1999 even though we would have been better on offense playing Dontae and Dicenzo more.

The 1999 offense was horrible. But wasn't Dicenzo out a couple of games mid season and both he and Dontae hurt going into Bama? Dicenzo didn't really play against Arkansas either if I remember correctly. Walker lead the team in rushes and you had Griffin as well who had to get touches. No threat of passing really, in most games. Didn't we beat So Car with less than 200 yards of offense. That was just a inept offense several games. I'm pretty sure that Rainey while getting the starts as a senior was not going to be getting most of the carries. Miller being out and Walker tweaking his ankle kind of forced more carries to Rainey. Now why Madkin ever kept the ball more than 2 times a game, who knows.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2015, 08:08 AM
I enjoy winning. I enjoyed 1999 even though we would have been better on offense playing Dontae and Dicenzo more.

But if you are not constantly looking to improve you are going to go backwards pretty soon- and that goes for ANYTHING in life. And then you have to rebuild because you get comfortable in thinking that "there is a chance it will get better."

I'm happy with winning- but I would rather us beat a SEC team 35-10 than 24-21. Why? It makes us look like a better program. I'd also rather not lose a close game when we have playmakers that can help us on the bench sitting there.

And as far as our "current state of the program"- here are our wins since we beat Arkansas last year- Vanderbilt, USM on the road, and Northwestern State. Lots of reason to rejoice and not be concerned right now.**

And yes, the Orange Bowl certainly did suck because we finished up by losing to Alabama, Ole Miss, and then the bowl game. Our program will not move forward until we get rid of the moral victory attitude.

If you relentlessly focus on the negative you are defining yourself by that negative. That is a guarantee of failure.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-24-2015, 08:13 AM
I agree with the original poster. The problem is that otherwise normal, educated people go nuts when on a message board talking about their favorite team. A normal poster's IQ will drop to somewhere around 30. But that is just part of it. I remember Will James going nuts over Cohen not playing Trey Porter. This despite Porter having an eye condition that meant he struggled to SEE THE BALL, which is kinda important in hitting. The fact that the coaches, the doctors, Trey, and Trey's parents were all in agreement that he should not play was simply not enough for Will James. He chastised and ridiculed those who tried to reason with him. And this is in a season where we played for a national championship. Had Will been our coach, we would have won the whole thing, and become the first ever NCAA baseball national champion to be coached by a world-renowned opthamologist.

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2015, 08:55 AM

Go ahead and edit me.

What the hell? Leave me out of this. I love Mullen. He's the best coach we've ever had. I'm enjoying the hell out of this run. I haven't said anything C34 hasn't. We both want to see D-Lee more and both wish Mullen would be a little more aggressive in the first half of big games. I don't see you accusing him of not enjoying this run.

I get to do something I love - write about football every week. If I didn't find a couple of things to say "I wish we'd tweak X," then there wouldn't be very much to talk about, would there? Overall, Mullen is an outstanding coach. Every coach has their faults, whether it's Saban, Malzahn, Spurrier, or Mullen. But don't dare accuse me of not enjoying this. I was in school for The Kang's final season and the Crxxm Error. My ass was in the stands for Maine and Tulane. The run we're on is freaking paradise to me. Mullen can stay as long as he wants so long as he's winning 7+ games almost every year.

We're doing a whole lot of things really well right now - Dak is throwing the ball better, we're making plays down the field at WR, OL pass blocks really well. I can't wait for the Auburn game Saturday. 3-1 is right where we all thought we'd be after the first 4 and we can still do everything we thought we could this season. I'm not in panic mode at all. That will be if we find a way to lose to Auburn. But I don't think we will. In fact, I think we're going to come out and run the ball down their throats. Shump will probably have a good day, just because of how bad the Auburn run D is. And I'm going to love every damn second of it. Why? Because winning is FUN.

I just find this whole "debate" this week around "X" isn't enjoying what we're doing stupid. People can have different opinions and still be loving what we're doing as a program. That's why I've pretty much stayed of the board this week. The whole thing is absurd to me and I'd rather we focus on kicking Auburn's ass all over the Plains instead of having a dick measuring contest about who's a "real" fan of MSU.

Let's pull the rope together. That's one of the main reasons this board was created. Hail State!

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2015, 09:00 AM
If you relentlessly focus on the negative you are defining yourself by that negative. That is a guarantee of failure.

But is he doing it with Relentless Effort?***

Dawgology
09-24-2015, 09:10 AM
I agree...and I disagree

There is a fine line between relaxing and complacency. I am enjoying this run. Hell, I've enjoyed the overall program building that Mullen has accomplished since he's been here. I've been proud of what we have achieved and enjoyed our success.

But...

I won't be satisfied until we win the SEC and possibly a NC. Regardless of the coach. I'm not satisfied with certain personnel decisions and strategies used at times. I can get upset about that. Often, the coaches and players get upset about that. Fans don't get disgruntled because they hate their team...they get upset because they want what's best for their team. I don't see a problem with that at all...and I think Coach Mullen would be behind that 100%. He wants higher expectations and he expects everyone, even the fans, to hold themselves to that standard.

So enjoy. But don't be satisfied. Don't be complacent. That's when you start sliding back. Push for better results and you will receive better results.

Behrdawg
09-24-2015, 09:30 AM

Chizmo19 is a dawg. I've done the research and know people who know him. Let it go and quit trying to be a message board superhero.

sandwolf
09-24-2015, 10:01 AM
Please clarify this for me. What did he mean by saying "you (we MSU fans to clarify for the densely minded) did not win your national championship"? That choice of vocabulary suggests said poster is not a Bulldog supporter.

No....that choice of vocabulary suggests that he is not one of the dumb asses that is bitching about the best season in the history of our program.

FISHDAWG
09-24-2015, 10:13 AM

you guys need to take this to the cone of silence

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbWkWELvquVwDUCIadnc-73SLZ0bddVJwLamrVwVPNedKKsBQIsQ

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
09-24-2015, 01:00 PM

THIS^^^. Nailed it. I was there for 07 and 08. Got crazy excited over the 07 season where pick 6's and special teams led us to a bowl. I can't imagine what being a student for college Gameday, #1, etc. would have been like. Pretty jealous of the current students and I hope they appreciate it.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Just stop talking about that game please. Some things just need to be forgotten. there was jackie bad, regular croom bad and then that night...

At lest there was a lot of Jackie Good while he was here.

Dawg Corps
09-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Pretty jealous of the current students and I hope they appreciate it.

Having been a student from Croom's last year through the 2013 - 2014 season, I'll say that your average MSU student does not appreciate "it" at all.

blacklistedbully
09-24-2015, 03:18 PM
This is the greatest era in MSU football history and some of you still aren't satisfied. If you don't enjoy it, one day you might look back and regret it.

Greater eras in MSU football history:
'39-'48 - Allyn McKeen
'09-'19 - Chadwick, Hayes & Robinson
'35-'37 - Ralph Sasse
'52-'55 - Warmath & Royal (though this is very close)

You could easily say 1935 through 1948 was our true, "Golden Era" with only 1 losing season in that 13 season stretch. We also had 2 or fewer losses in 6 of those 13 seasons, including the 10-0-1 year McKeen put up in 1940.

Really Clark?
09-24-2015, 03:37 PM
'39-'48 - Allyn McKeen
'35-'37 - Ralph Sasse

You could easily say 1935 through 1948 was our true, "Golden Era" with only 1 losing season in that 13 season stretch. We also had 2 or fewer losses in 6 of those 13 seasons, including the 10-0-1 year McKeen put up in 1940.

How bout the greatest era of any living fans that are not on social security.**. That's a pretty big gap that even the blue hairs may not have experienced.

I seen it dawg
09-24-2015, 05:20 PM

Stfu

blacklistedbully
09-24-2015, 06:22 PM
How bout the greatest era of any living fans that are not on social security.**. That's a pretty big gap that even the blue hairs may not have experienced.

No doubt. We are clearly in the greatest era since the mid-50's. Was just pointing out it's not the greatest of all time. That's just not historically accurate.

Now, it could very well develop into the greatest. We may be in the midst of it, only time, and a top-ten finish will tell.

Really Clark?
09-24-2015, 06:36 PM
No doubt. We are clearly in the greatest era since the mid-50's. Was just pointing out it's not the greatest of all time. That's just not historically accurate.

Now, it could very well develop into the greatest. We may be in the midst of it, only time, and a top-ten finish will tell.

Yeah. I was mainly poking fun at you decades of struggles between those years and now. Couple of runs that we almost turned the corner but never sustain anything. Mullen is getting constant results, just got to keep building the program.

Liverpooldawg
09-24-2015, 06:38 PM
'39-'48 - Allyn McKeen
'35-'37 - Ralph Sasse

I agree about most of those. I also notice the last date you listed was 1955. I was born in 1963.

sleepy dawg
09-25-2015, 09:27 AM
'39-'48 - Allyn McKeen
'35-'37 - Ralph Sasse

This just furthers my point of y'all acting like Ole Miss pricks..... Well back in 3200 BC when were the Mississippi Fighting Sabre Tooth Deer, we went 4-0 on the season and were the best of the 5 continents.

Behrdawg
09-25-2015, 09:38 AM
I understand the greatest era since 1930s, 40s, 50s etc...but I tend to not pay much of any attention to anything in sports pre-integration. Its a different competitive field with more talent and more teams, etc.

blacklistedbully
09-25-2015, 03:45 PM
This just furthers my point of y'all acting like Ole Miss pricks..... Well back in 3200 BC when were the Mississippi Fighting Sabre Tooth Deer, we went 4-0 on the season and were the best of the 5 continents.

No, acting like an Ole Miss prick is if you act like what happened over 4 decades ago still is indicative of what your program is today. An Ole Miss prick thinks their program is elite and better than ours because of what they did under Vaught.

All these posts were about historical perspective. When someone says, "greatest era ever", that is bringing our entire history into the equation. We still have a ways to go before we can definitively call this the, "greatest era ever". But again, we may well be in the midst of it, and are without doubt already in one of the best of all time.