PDA

View Full Version : College football surprises so far

msstate7
09-23-2015, 10:48 AM
What has surprised you so far?

My top 2 are...

1. ND -- I thought they would decent this year bc I liked Zaire. After Zaire went down, I thought they were done. Not so... They beat a good GT team worse than the score indicated.

2. Lsu -- I thought they would be improved, but they look much better than that to me. Their defense is solid and will get even better when mills is back at safety. LF made a HUGE jump and with their dedication to the run, lsu will be a handful for anyone.

Cabo32
09-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Arkansas and auburn.

msstate7
09-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Arkansas and auburn.

I didn't think Arkansas would be that good really, but auburn does surprise me. Didn't mention them before we play, not oh well

missouridawg
09-23-2015, 11:11 AM
I thought Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, and Ole Miss all had some pretty big question marks at QB. I was right on 3 of them, with Fournette masking Harris' deficiencies. Kelly has been a seamless transition from Bo. He's a good one.

Taco
09-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Ohio State struggling offensively

Mjoelner34
09-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Auburn

Never understood the UPIG love. That's the only road game I picked us to win. They lost their 4 best defensive players, starting RB out for the year, new O-coordinator, Shannon is gone, their QB would be washing uniforms on our team and, they weren't good last year. Where was the improvement this year supposed to come from?

SignalToNoise
09-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Can't say I'm surprised by auburn or the pig.

The Jeremy Johnson love was extrapolated from limited playing time against an inferior Arkansas.
Arkansas had every reason to believe they had improved but the talk of them being a dark horse in the west was ludicrous.

mparkerfd20
09-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Auburn being favored over State.

Brando
09-23-2015, 01:15 PM
I still dont buy into NMiss. Its just something about it that wont let me. Yes their D is stout, but just about wveryone of Bamas secondary are either Freshman or never have really played. I want to see NM vs LSU and A&M before i believe in them. Also, I am going to throw this out there that Tennesse will win the East if they beat Florida this wk. TN has a good young team that is going to be a power next yr.

Political Hack
09-23-2015, 01:28 PM
LSU is exactly what I thought they'd be although I thought Harris would take a little longer to get acclimated.

auburn is what I expected. A&M too.

Bama is better than I thought they'd be. Ole Miss is much better than I thought they'd be.

S. Carolina and UGA have been the only real surprises to me so far in the SEC though.