PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts after rewatching the game. Ready for Auburn.

archdog
09-22-2015, 11:15 PM
First, we missed an opportunity to get our offense in a groce with USM. I have a feeling getting our offense out there and actually letting them open it up a little with help with Auburn.

It's hard to take much away from a game like this, but there are a few things that looked promising.

QB - Everyone looked great. Great to see guys like Staley and Fitz finally get in the game. Its been a long time since they stepped on the field and competed.

RB - All had positives. Shump got the early work and moved the ball well. Nwstate d was fresh and shump made a few good cuts to get them on their heels early. On his td run, the blocking was right on point. Our fanbase has been tough on him, but I think he made some good runs.
Williams looks like a 1 cut and go type of guy. He hit another gear when he was approaching a would be tackler. The physicality was something we have been missing since the Spring game.
Dlee is a tough out. It could be the 3rd strung NWstate d, but he was running through arm tackles on pretty much every play.
I think we have a pretty good mix right now. Add in bHolloway speed and we could make this work. Jist need the Oline to get after it and create some lanes. We need them to get nasty.

WR- Donald Grey. Welcome to MSU. Nothing more to add. The entire group was solid. Brown had a great catch. Myles was our Randall Cobb out there. Morrow played solid. Fitz throw to Gray was perfection. Blocking could have been better.

TE - We didnt see much but I did notice Hutch had a catch and that guy physically is impressive. Was tough to bring down. Justin Johnson was slow to block on a few of Fitz runs, but he throw a block. We need these guys to be nasty throwing blocks on the edge. Time to shine.

Defense - Gerry Green is a freak. JT grey needs more snaps. We need both on the field more often. Tough to be motivated when your up 40. Tackling and soft coverage. Nothing more to say.

Dental Dawg33
09-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Good points

Our O-line looks better. Yes, the competition was inferior, but it was a confidence booster and the guys are starting to gel and trust one another. Still some room for improvement, but that's an always with anything.

I like our young RBs. A lot of talent and diversity. Shump has his place and still deserves some carries, but we need to let Lee and Williams out of the stable. Dear has a lot of ability as well. Use them all

Donald Gray was in freak mode. Just another weapon to add to the arsenal at WR.

Missed tackles was really my big concern. If we get that cleaned up, then we look pretty solid. I think we will judging by hot Mullen was after NW scored.

I'm looking for C. Jones and N. James to have a huge game this weekend.

Can't wait to watch all the chips fall in to place this weekend in Auburn. The War Tigers are on the ropes and now is the time for us to make a statement

archdog
09-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Agreed. Statement time.