PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling Muschamp will be very aggressive Sat night and try to dictate things

klong-dog
09-22-2015, 03:35 PM
with all the heat he's taken so far this year. Dak, Oline, RB, have to be ready for some big time pressure, blitzing the hell out of us. How about some screens called Dan? Best counter for a high blitzing attack is the screen game. Where has it been since Perkins fresh and soph years?

Dawg Corps
09-22-2015, 03:40 PM
With the way Bear blocks, it seems like some screen play might just be exactly what we need. It will also give the appearance of us having more of a run game and maybe open up a few more big plays over the top of their secondary.

FISHDAWG
09-22-2015, 03:45 PM
with all the heat he's taken so far this year. Dak, Oline, RB, have to be ready for some big time pressure, blitzing the hell out of us. How about some screens called Dan? Best counter for a high blitzing attack is the screen game. Where has it been since Perkins fresh and soph years?

exactly what I was thinking as well

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2015, 03:51 PM
After the NWS game Dan was asked about Dak running more in that game than he did in the previous ones. Dan replied something along the lines of NWS blitzing more and thats why Dak ran. So my question would be, if they dont blitz is that an automatic give to the RB? Sounds like an easy way for a DC to make our RBs have to beat him, dont blitz.

DancingRabbit
09-22-2015, 04:47 PM
After the NWS game Dan was asked about Dak running more in that game than he did in the previous ones. Dan replied something along the lines of NWS blitzing more and thats why Dak ran. So my question would be, if they dont blitz is that an automatic give to the RB? Sounds like an easy way for a DC to make our RBs have to beat him, dont blitz.

Dan might be pulling somebody's leg with that reply.

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Dan might be pulling somebody's leg with that reply.

Even if he wasn't it's a pick your poison. Blitz and he runs. Don't blitz and he shreds your secondary.

DancingRabbit
09-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Even if he wasn't it's a pick your poison. Blitz and he runs. Don't blitz and he shreds your secondary.

Well, I think Dan and Dak planned to run a little more going into the game. And depending on the blitz design, sometimes you just gotta hit your hot route.

Coach34
09-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Muschamp's biggest problem is that he is already down 2 defensive starters from a defense that wasnt going to be real good anyway.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2015, 05:10 PM
These ****ers are quitting and probably haven't taken to muschamps personality real well. They need a roster purge. Seeing that Malzahn has been real experienced in dealing with older guys that will tell him to **** off.

chef dixon
09-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Muschamp can do whatever he wants. He's not a good coach. His defenses at Texas were never really all that great but he was still considered the next big thing in coaching. If the QB from Jacksonville State can have success, prepare to be raped with no lube Muschamp.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2015, 05:51 PM
I think they will definitely be relying on their defense more in this game. Malzahn will also be reaching into his bag of tricks to help the offense, so that White doesn't have to shoulder the load with his arm. We have GOT to get out to a fast start and take away their run game. Force White to beat us with his arm by taking away the run and scoring some damn points. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a WR or 2nd RB come in and run wildcat for them, in an attempt to get something going on the ground and take pressure off of White.

msstate7
09-22-2015, 05:58 PM
I think they will definitely be relying on their defense more in this game. Malzahn will also be reaching into his bag of tricks to help the offense, so that White doesn't have to shoulder the load with his arm. We have GOT to get out to a fast start and take away their run game. Force White to beat us with his arm by taking away the run and scoring some damn points. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a WR or 2nd RB come in and run wildcat for them, in an attempt to get something going on the ground and take pressure off of White.

Leaning on the defense might not be a smart idea...

Scoring def -- auburn 13th
Rushing def -- auburn 14th
Passing def -- auburn 4th
Total def -- auburn 13th

Sec rankings

CadaverDawg
09-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Leaning on the defense might not be a smart idea...

Scoring def -- auburn 13th
Rushing def -- auburn 14th
Passing def -- auburn 4th
Total def -- auburn 13th

Sec rankings

No doubt. But they don't really have options. We have no excuse to lose this game....so I'm nervous haha

War Machine Dawg
09-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Muschamp's biggest problem is that he is already down 2 defensive starters from a defense that wasnt going to be real good anyway.

Exactly. I know a big Aubie fan and he told me prior to the LSU game they're all beat up on D.

CJDAWG85
09-22-2015, 07:20 PM
What worries me is that even as bad as they have looked and starting a QB who is making his first career start, they are still favored.

Really Clark?
09-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Muschamp can do whatever he wants. He's not a good coach. His defenses at Texas were never really all that great but he was still considered the next big thing in coaching. If the QB from Jacksonville State can have success, prepare to be raped with no lube Muschamp.

Muschamp is in a bad situation but since 2001 with multiple teams including 3 SEC teams he has had nearly nothing but Top 25 defenses and several Top 10. He can coach defense.

TUSK
09-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Has Lawson been cleared to play?... that's the biggest query, IMO...

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2015, 07:42 PM
Has Lawson been cleared to play?... that's the biggest query, IMO...
Pretty sure he's out.

msstate7
09-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Pretty sure he's out.

Gus said he'll be out an extended period

DancingRabbit
09-22-2015, 07:53 PM
From today's press conference-

Defensive end/Buck Carl Lawson will be out for "an extended period of time," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn announced Tuesday morning.

"Carl Lawson's injury is a little more serious than we first thought," Malzahn said. "We're hopeful we can get him back before this season is out, but I'll keep you updated from time to time on his status.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/malzahn_says_top_auburn_defend.html#incart_story_p ackage

TUSK
09-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Lawson being out is huge... He's a game changer...

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Lawson being out is huge... He's a game changer...

Lawson is Auburn's version of Big Softie

Really Clark?
09-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Lawson is Auburn's version of Big Softie

He had an ACL surgery from an injury last spring and then this hip. I don't know about being like Big Softie

Dental Dawg33
09-23-2015, 12:07 PM
What worries me is that even as bad as they have looked and starting a QB who is making his first career start, they are still favored.

Auburn has always gotten a lot more respect than they deserve (most of the time). I believe they are going to throw a lot of funky crap at us to try and get the crowd in it and momentum on their side early, but if we shut them down and get up quick in the first quarter, it's going to get ugly for the war tigers. We play a B+ game, we should win convincingly (no turnovers)

Barking 13
09-23-2015, 03:40 PM
I look for another USM game with the kitchen sink thrown at us, with a little better talent.

defiantdog
09-23-2015, 03:44 PM

Not to mention, he's starting a trio of freshmen in the secondary.

defiantdog
09-23-2015, 03:46 PM
I look for another USM game with the kitchen sink thrown at us, with a little better talent.

I guarantee they'll have at least 3 different personnel line up at QB. There's going to be all kinds of wildcat formations. This is all or nothing for Auburn. If they lose this game, they'll lose their fans for the season.

sandwolf
09-23-2015, 04:16 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised to see a WR or 2nd RB come in and run wildcat for them, in an attempt to get something going on the ground and take pressure off of White.

I fully expect to see a good bit of this.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2015, 04:26 PM
I guarantee they'll have at least 3 different personnel line up at QB. There's going to be all kinds of wildcat formations. This is all or nothing for Auburn. If they lose this game, they'll lose their fans for the season.

I'm having this feeling that Manny will have his guys ready for everything and flying all over the place. Malzahn's too good to shut out but I think our defense is going to be laying the wood and coming up with 2-3 take-aways.