PDA

View Full Version : We have always developed talent under Mullen...

CadaverDawg
07-20-2013, 08:07 PM
So if you aren't excited about the amount of talent we've pulled in the last 2 years, and what we've got coming in 2014 so far, you aren't getting it. I could not be more excited about football for the next few years.

Our recruiting should only get better as Deshea and Gonzo get comfortable, and I am really excited about Collins and Turner on D.

I still feel like we could use a good young OC instead of Koenning, mainly to help with recruiting and just connecting with young guys and to be more aggressive...but all in all, we have a whole lot to be happy about.

And I am typically the most negative person in the world about MSU football.

Pollodawg
07-20-2013, 08:32 PM
So if you aren't excited about the amount of talent we've pulled in the last 2 years, and what we've got coming in 2014 so far, you aren't getting it. I could not be more excited about football for the next few years.

Our recruiting should only get better as Deshea and Gonzo get comfortable, and I am really excited about Collins and Turner on D.

I still feel like we could use a good young OC instead of Koenning, mainly to help with recruiting and just connecting with young guys and to be more aggressive...but all in all, we have a whole lot to be happy about.

And I am typically the most negative person in the world about MSU football.

should just let Mullen call the offensive plays.......FIFY.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2013, 09:08 PM
should just let Mullen call the offensive plays.......FIFY.

I agree completely, but even then we are wasting a spot by having Les out there, when we could at least hire a young aggressive recruiter if Les isn't even going to call plays. I know Les has done decent on the recruiting trail, but there's no way we couldn't do better.

If this is our biggest problem right now though, we are in pretty good shape.

Not to sound out of date, but what is FIFY? "Fixed it for you"? Just making sure. Ha

Todd4State
07-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Thing is, Les is one of our better recruiters. Really, he should just be the QB coach and someone else (Dan?) should be the OC. Throw Sallach into an office somewhere.

Pollodawg
07-20-2013, 09:48 PM
I agree completely, but even then we are wasting a spot by having Les out there, when we could at least hire a young aggressive recruiter if Les isn't even going to call plays. I know Les has done decent on the recruiting trail, but there's no way we couldn't do better.

If this is our biggest problem right now though, we are in pretty good shape.

Not to sound out of date, but what is FIFY? "Fixed it for you"? Just making sure. Ha

Yes sir. lol. I would like us to hire some younger blood too, get somebody that speaks these kid's language. But, at the same time, needs to be an authority figure. If he isn't, they'll never respect him.

Coach34
07-20-2013, 09:50 PM
We are going to run Mullen's offense- so hiring another OC is pointless. Les does a good job with QB's- but I'm certainly not a fan of his playcalling- but you aren't going to get a decent OC to come here to be told what Mullen wants to run