PDA

View Full Version : Dear (Pun intended) Dan Mullen,

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Dear Dan,

So here we are. We are 1-1, 0-1 in the SEC, & have outscored our opponents 81-20 over the past 7 quarters. Yet, some in the media have indicated that we are on our heels & I agree with them. Here is the thing Dan, you aren't going to lose your job. You are the best MSU coach in my life time & possibly the best coach in MSU history. You are not going to lose your job, so please stop coaching like you might. Please stop fearing your job, & begin coaching to whip people's asses instead of just hoping to squeak by with an error free win.

Your opponent this weekend has just made an incredibly desperate move in benching their QB. For goodness sakes, please don't sit back & feel this game out before attacking. In fact, your attitude should not be to simply get out of Auburn with a win, your attitude should be to score 50 points & give up none. Don't give an inch, & blitzkrieg Auburn's ass into North Florida. Over the past 7 quarters, your team has begun to find their identity & chemistry. We have found a smorgasbord of play makers, possibly the most in the history of our school, we have the best QB in the conference, our offensive line is beginning to gel & play with some confidence. LET THEM PLAY. Put your play makers on the field & let them play free, fast, & not in fear of making mistakes. Young players gain confidence when they know that their coaches believe in them. LET THEM PLAY

Please go into the Auburn game in search of complete domination, with an attacking style, & stop worrying about what may go wrong. Players are going to make mistakes, but talented players will find a way to make plays & you win championships by making plays, not by sitting back & hoping to not make a mistake. Over the past 3 big games MSU has played (Alabama, Ole Miss, & LSU) you have coached scared, coached to not make mistakes, & have ultimately, early in games, made your team play opposite handed. No team has ever won a championship by sitting back & waiting for the other team to make a mistake.

It's time to play with some urgency. Don't let Auburn dictate the terms upon which this game will be played. YOU SET THE TERMS. UNLEASH the young guys, let Dak be wide open, & never let off the gas pedal. You have a good team, there is not a game left on the schedule that you cannot win, & all the goals are still there for the taking.

Don't over think this game. Make it your goal to score as many points as humanly possible the moment you step off the bus. It's time to make a statement!

maroonmania
09-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Dear Dan,

So here we are. We are 1-1, 0-1 in the SEC, & have outscored our opponents 81-20 over the past 7 quarters. Yet, some in the media have indicated that we are on our heels & I agree with them. Here is the thing Dan, you aren't going to lose your job. You are the best MSU coach in my life time & possibly the best coach in MSU history. You are not going to lose your job, so please stop coaching like you might. Please stop fearing your job, & begin coaching to whip people's asses instead of just hoping to squeak by with an error free win.

Your opponent this weekend has just made an incredibly desperate move in benching their QB. For goodness sakes, please don't sit back & feel this game out before attacking. In fact, your attitude should not be to simply get out of Auburn with a win, your attitude should be to score 50 points & give up none. Don't give an inch, & blitzkrieg Auburn's ass into North Florida. Over the past 7 quarters, your team has begun to find their identity & chemistry. We have found a smorgasbord of play makers, possibly the most in the history of our school, we have the best QB in the conference, our offensive line is beginning to gel & play with some confidence. LET THEM PLAY. Put your play makers on the field & let them play free, fast, & not in fear of making mistakes. Young players gain confidence when they know that their coaches believe in them. LET THEM PLAY

Please go into the Auburn game in search of complete domination, with an attacking style, & stop worrying about what may go wrong. Players are going to make mistakes, but talented players will find a way to make plays & you win championships by making plays, not by sitting back & hoping to not make a mistake. Over the past 3 big games MSU has played (Alabama, Ole Miss, & LSU) you have coached scared, coached to not make mistakes, & have ultimately, early in games, made your team play opposite handed. No team has ever won a championship by sitting back & waiting for the other team to make a mistake.

It's time to play with some urgency. Don't let Auburn dictate the terms upon which this game will be played. YOU SET THE TERMS. UNLEASH the young guys, let Dak be wide open, & never let off the gas pedal. You have a good team, there is not a game left on the schedule that you cannot win, & all the goals are still there for the taking.

Don't over think this game. Make it your goal to score as many points as humanly possible the moment you step off the bus. It's time to make a statement!

Agree with most everything you said. My only hesitation in the "identity" department is that we still haven't run the ball against anyone worth a flip. LSU totally stymied us in the rush game and running and passing over NW State doesn't mean anything. As has been stated on this board, a Dan Mullen offense can't be effective without a good running game and so far we haven't really shown that we have one.

GTHOM
09-22-2015, 12:17 PM
This is a must win. Absolutely no excuse not to win. None. I fear if we lose the sky will be falling

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Agree with most everything you said. My only hesitation in the "identity" department is that we still haven't run the ball against anyone worth a flip. LSU totally stymied us in the rush game and running and passing over NW State doesn't mean anything. As has been stated on this board, a Dan Mullen offense can't be effective without a good running game and so far we haven't really shown that we have one.

I probably should have used rhythm. Your correct. We have not found our "recipe" yet

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2015, 12:25 PM
This is a must win. Absolutely no excuse not to win. None. I fear if we lose the sky will be falling

They sky should be falling if we lose. No excuses.

If we do lose, It better be because we were wide open on offense but fumbled too many times, or because we were incredibly aggressive on defense & Duke Williams single handedly created his NFL highlight video

DownwardDawg
09-22-2015, 01:04 PM
We are 2-1. Just sayin

Pinto
09-22-2015, 02:22 PM
Dan will tuck his weiner again and we will lose by 2 touchdowns.

SallyStansbury
09-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Dan will tuck his weiner again and we will lose by 2 touchdowns.

are you the poster that said this before? I can't help but laugh when I read that!

Please let us kick the shit out of UA and you be terribly wrong. Please.........

Pinto
09-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Yep. Said it preseason that Dan will cost us at least 2 games due to tucking his weiner.

Like the guy but we are Miss State we have nothing to lose playing balls out. Screw being conservative, in football.

cbrunt29
09-22-2015, 03:18 PM
No excuse not to win this game, but it is an SEC road game so anything can happen. Plus, you gotta think AU's pretty pissed about recent events. However, I think our guys will show up and pull out a win.

BiscuitEater
09-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Revenge for the MULE game **

Bothrops
09-22-2015, 08:35 PM
It's time to win at Auburn.

sleepy dawg
09-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Your post kind of reminds me of this scene from Remember the Titans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0SgBOREvb8
For the "longer" version of this scene, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neoih-gRdbU

I've caught grief from some friends about how highly I think of this movie, but it many ways it kind of reminds me of us. Not exactly, but with certain parts, whether they pertained to our distant past, or more recent events. It's almost like playing the big guys in the SEC last few years. You know you're better. You know you can win. You know they have higher paid coaches and higher profile athletes. You know you have to beat more than just them to win the game. And the fans know too. You know you've done everything the right way up to this point. Nobody can give more effort. But when it's time to take the field, are you going to give it everything you have? Everything? Because if you do.. If you give it everything you've got inside you for every play, we will win this game, and nobody can stop us.

Okay, feel free to hate.

FISHDAWG
09-23-2015, 07:57 AM
It's time to win at Auburn.

I swear we will ... backing it with V-cash

Political Hack
09-23-2015, 09:59 AM
I have a feeling we're going to absolutely throttle them. Maybe a beat down worse than what LSU gave them. The loss to LSU may have been the best thing to happen to us. I saw hunger again in a game against a nobody. I think we're going to see bodies flying around like we haven't seen yet on defense. Also, we're deeper right now than we were at the start of the season. We're healthier too. More experience, better health, and we're in rhythm.