PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Watch Parties

Dawgology
09-22-2015, 11:18 AM
I've always enjoyed attending the games but now (as I've gotten married and have kids, etc) I've found that fitting a whole day of football into my schedule is extremely difficult. For the past year or so I've been content sitting at home and watching the game in glorious HD on the big screen while drinking a cold beverage. But I miss the interaction with other fans. I've been considering attending a watch party but I am not sure if any official ones take place in Columbus, MS. Any guidance??

HereComesTheSpiral
09-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Would like to know as well.

archdog
09-22-2015, 11:42 AM
We could get one started. I think Huck's could be a fun venue. If they would get more than a couple tvs at the bar area.

Of course you could do Harvey's. Good bar area, plenty of tv's.

archdog
09-22-2015, 11:42 AM
If it was any other game, you guys could just come to my house.

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2015, 11:53 AM
There needs to be a clarification.

Columbus watch party... Bama or State?*****

godlluB
09-22-2015, 11:55 AM
There needs to be a clarification.

Columbus watch party... Bama or State?*****

I assume they're talking about State. My guess is they intend to drive over from Starkville so they can get away from big crowds. **

Barking 13
09-22-2015, 11:58 AM
If anybody wants to drive to Vernon, I'll be watching here at the house.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Zacharys could be a good place, cheap beer and food. Kind of small though

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2015, 12:10 PM
I assume they're talking about State. My guess is they intend to drive over from Starkville so they can get away from big crowds. **

I know a good number of State fans from Columbus. I know of one that attends the games. Maybe it is just our age (middle aged & raising kids) but.....still

Dawgology
09-22-2015, 03:22 PM
I know a good number of State fans from Columbus. I know of one that attends the games. Maybe it is just our age (middle aged & raising kids) but.....still

There is a large State contingent in Columbus. I have always gone to the games though so I've never considered a watch party before now. They used to do them at Sey's I think but it's closed now (will be reopening soon).

I don't think BWW would work as I'm sure the Bama contingent will be strong there. Huck's would be cool....especially if we could just reserve a room there....

notsofarawaydawg
09-22-2015, 03:38 PM
The Princess in downtown Columbus has a big projector screen at one end of the room and three additional TVs above the bar. Bart has now added a TV in the secondary room with booths and tables that you walk through when you go into the old theater area. No beer on tap but a good many fans gather there to drink and enjoy the games. He does turn up the sound when a State, Bama or Ole Miss game is on the big screen. He also a menu selection of pizza, appetizers and wings. Kitchen usually open from 6-10pm. Thursday nights is half price for everything on the menu in case there is a State game on Thursday.

BB30
09-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Huck's or the Princess would be the best bet

Dawgology
09-22-2015, 04:59 PM
The Princess in downtown Columbus has a big projector screen at one end of the room and three additional TVs above the bar. Bart has now added a TV in the secondary room with booths and tables that you walk through when you go into the old theater area. No beer on tap but a good many fans gather there to drink and enjoy the games. He does turn up the sound when a State, Bama or Ole Miss game is on the big screen. He also a menu selection of pizza, appetizers and wings. Kitchen usually open from 6-10pm. Thursday nights is half price for everything on the menu in case there is a State game on Thursday.

It's been ages since I've been there.

Barking 13
09-22-2015, 05:02 PM
I haven't been there since my niece's wedding.... the former owner (Steve) is / was a good friend of mine

archdog
09-22-2015, 05:48 PM
The princess would be fun.

TUSK
09-22-2015, 07:22 PM
No. No. No. There are a couple of nice places in Possum Town, and Vernon is nice...

But you cats oughta come to Casa de Tusk... I'll hook you slackers up...

If (at least) 3-4 of yall are interested, PM me...

notsofarawaydawg
09-22-2015, 08:41 PM
No. No. No. There are a couple of nice places in Possum Town, and Vernon is nice...

Tusk .. can you get that many of us up in that single wide? ******

Dallas_Dawg
09-22-2015, 08:52 PM

That's brave. You don't know how many folks are on here are nerds in real life

TUSK
09-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Tusk .. can you get that many of us up in that single wide? ******

Look, dammit, my "trailer shaped" cabin is actually stick built! so there!!!

TUSK
09-22-2015, 09:52 PM
That's brave. You don't know how many folks are on here are nerds in real life

I know allllll to well, Dallas...

TUSK has enough coolness to spread around, daddio!