PDA

View Full Version : So, when we stomped LSU in Baton Rouge last year....

BossDawg
09-22-2015, 09:51 AM
did any of you run off and buy tickets to the SEC Championship game? Assuming we were a lock for winning the West? My brother in law (big UMiss homer/alum) has already ordered his. Also, a guy at work told me on Head 2 Head yesterday the Reb callers and Richard Cross were assuming an easy road to Atlanta. Talk about a shot to the nuts if they don't make it.

Thoughts?

Homedawg
09-22-2015, 09:55 AM
did any of you run off and buy tickets to the SEC Championship game? Assuming we were a lock for winning the West? My brother in law (big UMiss homer/alum) has already ordered his. Also, a guy at work told me on Head 2 Head yesterday the Reb callers and Richard Cross were assuming an easy road to Atlanta. Talk about a shot to the nuts if they don't make it.

Thoughts?
They certainly aren't a lock. However, they do have the easiest path. Already have bama out of the way, Lsu and a&m at home, Florida and us on the road. So if someone is honestly handicapping it, they should be the favorites. Not a lock- just the favorite.

Saltydog
09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
beat them. Barring major injuries the only potential losses I see on their schedule would be LSU or us. They get LSU in Oxford as well as aTm. Their schedule sets up nicely for a run at it. Again, a little presumptious but in all reality they appear to have the inside track.

msstate7
09-22-2015, 10:01 AM
I think lsu is the favorite.

OM is good... Better than us at the moment, but it's a long season. Their defense is down....

Total defense -- 10th in sec
Scoring defense -- 7th in sec
Passing defense -- 9th in sec
Rushing defense -- 10th in sec

I know it's early, but om's defense was never this low in conference stats last year. If Connor isn't back 100% for the last sec run, they won't go undefeated.

Their offense is better though. I think they will depend on passing though in conference games, which always leads to more chance of TOs.

I'm circling that Florida game as an upset possibility. Florida has the corners to stop om's passing game and the gators run defense is nasty.

Also heard Justin bell could be out with broken ankle. If so, big loss

Dawg Corps
09-22-2015, 10:02 AM
My thinking at this point is that the Egg Bowl could be the deciding factor in who goes to Atlanta to represent the west (northern miss loss to LSU as their only SEC loss prior to the egg bowl and an LSU loss to someone). Maybe we'll get to be the ones to make those championship game tickets bought in September look like a poor decision...

KentuckyDawg13
09-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Their off week is before LSU too. Extra time to prepare.

HancockCountyDog
09-22-2015, 10:06 AM

Thoughts?

What is also not being mentioned is that Bama plays at UGA, so if they lose that one, the bears will have essentially a 3 game lead on the turds.

I'm interested to see if Bama loses again though, I know people are comparing the turds to LSU last year, but I think they are two completely different teams. That bama team is good. They just turned the ball over. I think they can beat LSU, they will have LSU at home. Im not sure they beat UGA on the road, but that will be a great game.

We also have a huge opportunity here, the schedule has broken down great for us, it starts this Saturday.

Coach34
09-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Their off week is before LSU too. Extra time to prepare.

it will help them from an offensive standpoint- but defensively they are going to have to play grown ass man football

Beaver
09-22-2015, 10:12 AM

Thoughts?

I thought we were a lock to win the west...but not until after the Auburn game. Ole Miss should start 7-0, and remain in the top 3 for awhile. However, even with Auburn and Arky seemingly down this year, their last 5 games are all SEC West teams. I still think they'll finish 10-2.

missouridawg
09-22-2015, 10:15 AM
No. But I had a plan in place after the Auburn game that would've been activated after a Bama win, which obviously didn't occur.

MadDawg
09-22-2015, 10:27 AM
After we beat LSU last year, the media were quick to point out that we got kind of lucky and held off a late surge from LSU. I read more than once that "if the game had been 5 minutes longer, MSU would have lost", etc., etc. I remember the Bearshark fans calling into local radio saying that Dak really wasn't that good and was actually just a fullback playing quarterback. That's not been the case with the confederates. No, you have the media pretty much in agreement that Umiss dominated Bama in every phase of the game (listen to Weiner's show) and is by far the best team in the SEC.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2015, 10:34 AM
Statistically they did NOT dominate the game except in one stat, turnovers. You will will nearly always lose a game if you are -5 in turnovers if the team you are playing has a pulse. I can't think of many games I have ever seen between two good teams where the turnover margin was that lopsided. The ones I can think of were total blowouts.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
I lost a couple of hundred on my option for tickets to the national championship game. Should have known better but got caught up in the hype and excitement. Guess it was a bucket list thingy.

CJDAWG85
09-22-2015, 11:23 AM
They play LSU and come to us the last 2 games of the season. They will lose one at least one of those games. Mark it down.

scottycameron
09-22-2015, 01:06 PM

Thoughts?

If we had beaten Bama in Tuscaloosa I might have. Not to be a d***, but not really apples to apples.

Dawg61
09-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Ole Miss looked totally gassed in the 2nd half. Don't have 5 turnovers and don't give up multiple fluke TDs vs them and they look vulnerable to me. MGK can't throw short or it gets blocked. Treadwell is the real deal though. Gotta double team him all day leaving us down one man vs everyone else.

BulldogBear
09-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Statistically they did NOT dominate the game except in one stat, turnovers. You will will nearly always lose a game if you are -5 in turnovers if the team you are playing has a pulse. I can't think of many games I have ever seen between two good teams where the turnover margin was that lopsided. The ones I can think of were total blowouts.

To illustrate this point. We once lost a game to LSU 42-0 where we were +5 in turnovers. But that was in the croom error.