PDA

View Full Version : Da Bears are who we thought they were

confucius say
09-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Watching replay of sat nights game on the U, and here is the truth, with some help from Dennis green:

The bears are who we thought they were. A very good team with a very good qb who has some nfl skill guys around him. A fast, ball-hawking defense that is susceptible to the downhill run. Bama had 13 more first downs, 70 more yards, 123 more rushing yards, dominated time of possession, gave up a fluke 75 yard td pass that bounced off one guy's hand and another guy's helmet, gave up a 70 yard td pass where the safety was flying up bc two ol were 6 yards downfield, and turned it over 5 times (three of which led to the bears starting possessions inside or just outside the red zone). And still only lost by 6.

They are who we thought they were. Now if you want to crown them in week three, then crown their ass. But they are who we thought they were, and bama let em off the hook. Exit stage left.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKIcnj1MJY

Homedawg
09-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Problem w that is they don't play bama again in Tuscaloosa. Lsu is in Oxford. We had the best shot at beating them other than Lsu.

confucius say
09-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh I agree. Really just saw that rant and thought it was fitting. Not taking anything away from ole miss, they are very good. But it is still early and I'm not conceding anything.

Coach34
09-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Huge win for them. But they do still have to beat A&M and LSU- plus Auburn, Fla, and us on the road. Long way to go

DancingRabbit
09-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Problem w that is they don't play bama again in Tuscaloosa. Lsu is in Oxford. We had the best shot at beating them other than Lsu.

Sumlin's 2-0 in Oxford. Chavis is familiar with that place too.

They'll run into more than a couple teams that don't step on their dick for 60 minutes.

And the Reverend and his choirboys are sure to step on their own dicks before too long.

Homedawg
09-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Sumlin's 2-0 in Oxford. Chavis is familiar with that place too.

They'll run into more than a couple teams that don't step on their dick for 60 minutes.

And the Reverend and his choirboys are sure to step on their own dicks before too long.
I want them to lose as much as the next guy, but we have to many people wishing and not looking at reality, much like they do. They don't have many chances to remotely lose. Lsu is the worst matchup for them, it's at home. They can run the table. Didn't say they will, but they can. Should have a loss already, fact is they don't
Eta, sumlin won twice there w Johnny football, both times as a favorite, he won't be this year. Ole miss is the better team this time.

BB30
09-22-2015, 08:47 AM
They have a talented team but it is extremely tough to run the table in this league. I also didn't feel like Chad Kelly looked all that impressive, made some very poor decisions that worked out for him. I think they slip up somewhere.

Jarius
09-22-2015, 09:03 AM
They are a very solid football team, but they have holes that will be exploited. LSU is not going to go in the shotgun and go away from the weakness of that defense like Bama did. They are not as good on defense as they were last year and beating ATM is not going to be easy no matter where they play them. If you think that they are going to walk into Starkville and beat Dak Prescott on senior night, well, go ahead and think that....They started fast last year and crumbled. The only reason people are freaking out this year about their fast start is because we stumbled against LSU. You can see us starting to turn it around, especially on offense. We are getting back to who we are. Chill out.

msualohadog
09-22-2015, 10:20 AM
It cannot be left unsaid the pressure and drain that comes with being the bright shiny new media toy. It affected us last year, plain and simple. Long season and I like where we sit. Bama looks beatable, Auburn does too. A&M looks scary but that's the only uphill game on our schedule until the Egg Bowl.

Jarius
09-22-2015, 10:25 AM
We should all be extremely happy that the West looks a bit down instead of freaking out that Ole Miss is good. We still have a chance at big things this year. Lots of twists and turns during the season.

Percho
09-22-2015, 10:30 AM
I believe, with all my heart, I might add, we have as good a chance of winning out as the bears do. Maybe better.

Sirbarksalot
09-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Huge win for them. But they do still have to beat A&M and LSU- plus Auburn, Fla, and us on the road. Long way to go
I don't see Auburn or Florida being a problem for them but they will likely go 2-3 in that run of 5. Their D line wont hold up against Fournette, A&M is the same team as them but better and as we all know, the home team wins the egg bowl. I still see us having a shot at the west.

Their beating bama was probably the best thing that could have happened to us since we shit the bed at LSU and Bama is likely the only other team in the West that can beat LSU going forward. Now we just need Bama to beat LSU and then take care of our own business and it all works out. Had bama won that game Saturday they would have been harder to catch.

deltadawg99
09-22-2015, 04:02 PM
They are a good team but there is a long way to go.

They have some holes and coaches will start to use their speed against them on defense. As the season wears on, their lack of depth will start to show.

scottycameron
09-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Bama got em beat up pretty bad, Connor out for a while, OL banged up. Florida in 10 days won't be easy. We'll know more about UF after the Tenn game saturday but their D with Collins looks very stout.

JScottDova
09-22-2015, 08:15 PM
aTm played Arizona State but Arizona State come from the land of no defense. Will be interesting to see if kimdeechee can break through that offensive line at aTm fast enough to do anything. Not sure They have anyone that can stop that d-end the Aggies have