PDA

View Full Version : Todd's recruiting want list for football

Todd4State
07-20-2013, 05:21 PM
QB- Elijah Staley, Nick Fitzgerald. My only want here is for Staley to enroll early. Plus, rumor is we are getting Joseph Willis the QB at Madison Central as a preferred walk-on. Dan's best QB class thus far. Remember having to settle for Dylan Favre? Yeah- I don't think you will hear very many complaints about Dan's QB recruiting this year.

OL- Tyler Jones and Jordan Harris from the high school ranks and then we have Norman Price and Jocquell Johnson from the JUCO ranks. I'd really like to get Avery Gennessey from EMCC and then there is an o-lineman from MRA named Sean Rawlings who is 6'6" 275 that might be worth offering.

TE/H-back- I say let's take Alex Woodall. He obviously wants to be here and he is willing to switch positions. He's a good athlete as well.

Slot WR- Jamoral Graham is committed and I would love to have Marcus Green from North Pontotoc if we can find room for him. I'm all for cutting Nakia Cathey. I always thought he was pretty much a kick return guy anyway.

WR- Jesse Jackson and I would love to get one more guy. Markell Pack probably isn't happening. We're OK since we have Hammond, Shelby Christy, and we have Fred Brown, but this may have to be a priority next year.

RB- Aeries Williams and Dontavian Lee. Hopefully Aeries pulls the trigger and we can be done here for this year.

DL- We have Darius Liggins committed who I think is vastly underrated and then I would like to pick up Cory Thomas, Breeland Speaks and then Grant Harris. If we don't pick up Speaks, I say we go ahead and offer Trey Brown from Choctaw County Central or whatever the name of his high school is.

LB- I love Holcombe. That was a great pick-up. Deshon Cooper sounds like he has a very high upside. We need to go ahead and get Gerri Green and I would love to go ahead and offer Shareef White. Really talented group of guys.

DB's- We have Lashard Durr who I think should have made Dandy Dozen just because it's so hard to find quality players at his position. And then we have Chris Rayford who I think will be a safety. If CJ Hampton wants to flip, that would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath. Dontavian Lee could also play safety as well.

ST- Logan Cooke- I'm not real wild about giving kickers scholarships, but this is a guy that is going to All-Star games and I think he will be productive. So, I'm OK with it.

RECAP:

QB- Elijah Staley
QB- Nick Fitzgerald
OL- Tyler Jones
OL- Jordan Harris
OL- Sean Rawlings
OL- Norman Price
OL- Jocquell Johnson
OL- Avery Gennessey
TE/H-back- Alex Woodall
Slot- Jemoral Graham
Slot- Marcus Green
WR- Jesse Jackson
RB- Aeries Williams
RB/ATH- Dontavian Lee
DL- Darius Liggins
DL- Breeland Speaks
DL- Grant Harris
DL- Cory Thomas
LB- Keith Holcombe
LB- Deshon Cooper
LB- Gerri Green
LB- Shareef White
DB- Lashard Durr
DB- Chris Rayford
K- Logan Cooke

And that neatly comes out to 25.

Coach34
07-20-2013, 05:32 PM
we wont sign more than 18-20...dont have the space

Todd4State
07-20-2013, 05:42 PM
What is our scholarship situation currently? I know we just lost Chris Hughes and someone else that I can't remember. Plus, Paul said that two or three of the JUCO's would be counted back since we won't get Cord or Donald Gray from the last class. I'm sure we can find five guys to process out.

Coach34
07-20-2013, 06:06 PM
What is our scholarship situation currently? I know we just lost Chris Hughes and someone else that I can't remember. Plus, Paul said that two or three of the JUCO's would be counted back since we won't get Cord or Donald Gray from the last class. I'm sure we can find five guys to process out.

We have something like 11 Seniors- gonna take more than 5. We are having almost no attrition in each class

HancockCountyDog
07-20-2013, 06:42 PM
We have something like 11 Seniors- gonna take more than 5. We are having almost no attrition in each class

That is why I was told that there were only 5-6 guys at the camp that had firm offers, and they are the guys Todd mentioned in the other thread. Green, Jackson, Aeris, Thomas and Speaks for sure. We get 4 of those five, we are great.

Vandownbytheriver
07-20-2013, 07:30 PM
we wont sign more than 18-20...dont have the space

That's why you're the best in the business Coach.

Todd4State
07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
How do we look as far as next year and numbers? Can we get 25 in 2015?

CadaverDawg
07-20-2013, 07:59 PM
I think Staley, Graham, Jackson, and Durr are going to be stand outs at skill positions (I call DB a skill position). I also would like to see Woodall commit, but if I had to choose between him or another big ugly, I think I would want the OLineman. Thomas and Liggins should be studs on the DL, and this LB class could be freaking clutch. Logan Cooke was being looked at by Bama for a scholly, so I don't mind getting him on board, especially considering that we should be IN a lot more ball games against great teams the next few years and the kicking game will be huge I feel like.

biscuit
07-21-2013, 08:02 AM
I like that list. I think we are gonna have a really special class.