PDA

View Full Version : Bama is 4-5 in their last 9 games vs ranked teams

Coach34
09-21-2015, 02:14 PM
the decline is real

msstate7
09-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Saban walking away this year could be a blessing with chip Kelly about to hit the market.

NotARocketScientist
09-21-2015, 03:46 PM
Saturday was the biggest win in my Rebels' histry, but I can't get off of EliteDawgs long enough to enjoy it. I'm obsessed with MSU.

HancockCountyDog
09-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Make sure to click an ad while you are here. I have a feeling it won't be long;

TUSK
09-21-2015, 03:56 PM
that's a mighty shiny hook you have there, Coach!

edit: 6-5 since 2013....

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 04:02 PM
No. No you are not a rocket scientist. How about this. 2009 5-0 against ranked. 2010 3-3, 2011 2-1, 2012 4-1, 2013 2-2, 2014 3-2, and 1-1 so far. Since the iron bowl loss in 2013 they have had a spike in their scoring defense allowing more points and a more yards. If it continues this season you can say they have hit a down turn in performance

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 04:05 PM
that's a mighty shiny hook you have there, Coach!

edit: 6-5 since 2013....

Thought you had higher expectations? 6-5 is embarrassing with Bama's talent.

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Saturday was the biggest win in my Rebels' histry, but I can't get off of EliteDawgs long enough to enjoy it. I'm obsessed with MSU.

Is there any way to just delete the posts by the Rebels instead of just banning them? I really think they gather their friends together and show them where they got a post through on Elitedawgs and then they take turns masturbating to it.
If you delete the posts it will deprive them of that opportunity and they will have to go back to masturbating to thoughts of their girl friends blowing five star recruits (and swallowing).

TUSK
09-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Thought you had higher expectations? 6-5 is embarrassing with Bama's talent.

I'd much rather it be 7-4 (.636)... but 6-5 is not that far off when you consider how some of the losses occurred... they can't win every game...

It's a bit too soon to bury the Tide, I believe...

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 04:15 PM
My advice would be to get rid of Kiffin, yesterday.

TUSK
09-21-2015, 04:20 PM
My advice would be to get rid of Kiffin, yesterday.

I know Kiffin's history and I was suspect when the hire was made...

It may end up going badly, but so far he has helped Bammer (not hurt), IMO...

Sirbarksalot
09-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Is there any way to just delete the posts by the Rebels instead of just banning them? I really think they gather their friends together and show them where they got a post through on Elitedawgs and then they take turns masturbating to it.
If you delete the posts it will deprive them of that opportunity and they will have to go back to masturbating to thoughts of their girl friends blowing five star recruits (and swallowing).
I don't know. I really like the edits.

msstate7
09-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Kiffin had his way with om's defense... Hard to blame him. I do think kiffin should've pulled Coker to the side before last drive and told him to dink and dunk down the field. OM was gassed and there would've been guys open underneath. Another thing kiffin messed up with was only 1 screen. The first one was very successful and if they used it with Henry instead of going downfield, it would've tough for OM to tackle him

DownwardDawg
09-21-2015, 04:31 PM
I know Kiffin's history and I was suspect when the hire was made...

It may end up going badly, but so far he has helped Bammer (not hurt), IMO...

Huh?????? His game plan against ole miss last year lost that one too. Everyone not named kiffin knew you could run against ole miss like lsu and Arkansas did. He has two QB's both looking terrible. He had no offensive identity Saturday night.

Please bring that same game plan to starkvegas!!!!!

TUSK
09-21-2015, 04:33 PM
Huh?????? His game plan against ole miss last year lost that one too. Everyone not named kiffin knew you could run against ole miss like lsu and Arkansas did. He has two QB's both looking terrible. He had no offensive identity Saturday night.

Please bring that same game plan to starkvegas!!!!!

I agree that Bammer should have run more last year... you are dead nuts on, there....

But to say he cost Bama the OM game this year is just silly.

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 04:38 PM
I agree that Bammer should have run more last year... you are dead nuts on, there....

Throwing the ball on the next to last drive cost them the game. Coker could have run it every play and they would have driven down and scored. Ole Miss was totally gassed. Watch the replay when Coker scrambled on the first play(?) of the drive. I could have averaged 8 yards a carry on that drive. It was stupid to call a pass play.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2015, 04:39 PM

Turnovers and sloppy play cost the game this year, but I still don't think he "fits" Bama style of play. Just doesn't make sense to me. I saw no identity on offense until the 2nd half. Reminded me of us against LSU.

TUSK
09-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Throwing the ball on the next to last drive cost them the game. Coker could have run it every play and they would have driven down and scored. Ole Miss was totally gassed. Watch the replay when Coker scrambled on the first play(?) of the drive. I could have averaged 8 yards a carry on that drive. It was stupid to call a pass play.

roger that... I'll fire up the game and take another look...

Johnson85
09-21-2015, 04:51 PM
I still don't think he "fits" Bama style of play. Just doesn't make sense to me. I saw no identity on offense until the 2nd half. Reminded me of us against LSU.

^^^THIS^^^ He's just a square peg in a round hole. Stats wise, it looks like he's doing fine and other than the UM game, you can't point to any game that he just screwed up and cost them. But Bama has not been the same Bama with him; maybe it's just coincidence.

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 04:52 PM
roger that... I'll fire up the game and take another look...

Their defense was gassed. You guys scored, then got the onside kick and put their defense back out their and you guys scored. Then you kicked off, they went three and out (with a couple of timeouts) and then their defense went right back out there. You may not have needed to run every play because as msstate7 said earlier there were probably underneath stuff opening but throwing downfield was a huge mistake. You had those guys reeling at that point.
I hope you guys do us some favors in Starkville this November.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2015, 04:53 PM

Make sure to click an ad while you are here. I have a feeling it won't be long;

http://i.imgur.com/dE14NDo.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Lpl84MC.jpg

TUSK
09-21-2015, 05:01 PM
I see what you mean, LC... they had enough time to just run it over and over, IMO...

Todd4State
09-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Alabama has sucked at recruiting QB's and Saban will not adjust his defense to fit the era. THAT is their problem right now.

If I were Alabama, I would be looking at the JUCO's for help at QB right now.

Saltydog
09-21-2015, 07:49 PM
really high profile guys don't want to be in an offense that just hands the ball off. I kid you not. That was the excuse.

War Machine Dawg
09-21-2015, 08:17 PM
really high profile guys don't want to be in an offense that just hands the ball off. I kid you not. That was the excuse.

Hate to tell you, but there's some truth to that idea. Name the last Bama QB to have any semblance of a successful NFL career. The Snake? Maybe Brody Croyle? Big time QBs want to go somewhere they'll be showcased and prepared for the next level. That hasn't been Bama pretty much ever.

Coach34
09-21-2015, 08:19 PM
No kidding- look at the QB's LSU and Bama have gotten to campus.

TUSK
09-21-2015, 08:50 PM
No kidding- look at the QB's LSU and Bama have gotten to campus.

you're right, Coach... hopefully Barnett will be at least "serviceable"... I'd kill for a "Greg McElroy" right now...

Todd4State
09-21-2015, 10:17 PM
you're right, Coach... hopefully Barnett will be at least "serviceable"... I'd kill for a "Greg McElroy" right now...

Your special teams killed you more than anything- ESPECIALLY on kick offs. Actually, your special teams are so bad under Saban I wouldn't trade Dan Mullen's bitch that he yelled at all the time in 2013 for Bobby Williams.

Keep Kiffen- get a new special teams coach.