PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Game

GTHOM
09-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Just wanna know you guys realistic expectations for this game. I think we win. Hell we have to win. Will Dan let Dak run? Will we use all 4 RBs? Does our D Line win the battle up front like it did at times vs LSU? Do yall think we win but the same probs still exist? Or lose because of the same things weve been bitching about. Just curious

msstate7
09-21-2015, 01:31 PM
I think we pass early to get a lead and run late to secure the win...

28-20 state

GTHOM
09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
I think we pass early to get a lead and run late to secure the win...

28-20 state

I dont think they should be able to stop us consistently either way

BB30
09-21-2015, 01:32 PM
I feel that we win the game and have success on both sides of the ball. Auburn has looked pretty pedestrian so far and I don't know of they have to tools to fix their problems (QB). I also think our offense will be more explosive this week after getting another game under our belt and the fact that Auburn's defense is not nearly as impressive as LSU's unit.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 01:41 PM
I think it's a winnable game. Two keys: win the turnover battle and get off to a fast start.

tireddawg
09-21-2015, 01:41 PM
We win. 34-20

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2015, 01:45 PM
I think we win and I think Dak runs. I really think him not running against USM was by design and him not running against LSU was by him Dak making bad decisions as he indicated. Against Northwestern he didn't have to run so no reason to risk a freak injury. Now that the SEC schedule is about to kick into high gear I think you'll see him pull it and run more often when plays break down and I think we'll see the read option used more, too. My biggest fear is if we will have a RB in the game that the defenses have to respect on the read option or if all 11 guys will just key in on Dak every time.

TrapGame
09-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Muschamp can't fix that D in one week. Dak and company needs to take the field with their hair on fire from the first snap on. Pedal to the metal for 4 quarters.

Beaver
09-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Muschamp can't fix that D in one week.

True, but I fell into that trap last year before the Egg Bowl. Confidence and a home crowd combined with lackluster playcalling could spell trouble. On the other hand, if we jump out to an early lead, their confidence will still be shot, and their crowd will get angry. War Eagle might even fly into the pressbox again.

BB30
09-21-2015, 02:04 PM
yea this auburn team is one bad quarter away from throwing in the towel. Their effort in the LSU game was pretty pathetic

Dawgtini
09-21-2015, 02:29 PM
So, let's come out faaaast and push them over the ledge.

Maroonthirteen
09-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Yes. Dak has been allowed to run every game. However if AU stuffs the run early and jumps out to a lead, we will throw the ball often.

No. Shump, Holloway and Dear.
Yes, at times.
Yes, people will continue to fabricate conspiracies. We will win barely, late. 31-28
If we lose, it will be because of turnovers and dumb penalties.

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Just wanna know you guys realistic expectations for this game. I think we win. Hell we have to win. Will Dan let Dak run? Will we use all 4 RBs? Does our D Line win the battle up front like it did at times vs LSU? Do yall think we win but the same probs still exist? Or lose because of the same things weve been bitching about. Just curious

I think we win if Dear and Lee get more playing time.
If it's that Dan "I'm never wrong" Mullen show then we see a lot of Shump and another L.

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 03:30 PM
I have no idea what to expect against Auburn. I went to our game Saturday and left thinking we looked pretty good against an inferior opponent and was excited that we played a lot of young guys and then I got on here and found out that we can't tackle, our safeties are horrible, and Dan Mullen plays all the wrong people.
I do know that we really need to win because I am going to the A&M game and the trip will be much nicer coming off a win.

DistrictDawg92
09-21-2015, 03:49 PM

Dak will have about 10 carries
Shump 60% of snaps, Holloway 25% of snaps, Lee/Williams 15% of snaps
Our D-Line will cause problems, they are legit and only getting better.
I think we win, and if we can cause some turnovers early I think it might get ugly. I think you see a lot more of Gray, and a few glimpses of Dear, Green, Peters and McLaurin. Watch out for Fletcher Adams, he is a mismatch in the mold of Isaac Gross, who was very effective as a true freshman. I just have a feeling we are gonna see a good bit of Fletcher. However, have we ever seen Mullen change the way he does things mid season? He pretty much sticks to his original plan all season, good or bad. So with that said, I do think the same problems will exist, but I think we are gonna have to accept those problems and hope they work themselves out. We just gotta play our A game two weekends in a row and we are right back where we need to be.

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Dak will have about 10 carries
Shump 60% of snaps, Holloway 25% of snaps, Lee/Williams 15% of snaps
Our D-Line will cause problems, they are legit and only getting better.
I think we win, and if we can cause some turnovers early I think it might get ugly. I think you see a lot more of Gray, and a few glimpses of Dear, Green, Peters and McLaurin. Watch out for Fletcher Adams, he is a mismatch in the mold of Isaac Gross, who was very effective as a true freshman. I just have a feeling we are gonna see a good bit of Fletcher. However, have we ever seen Mullen change the way he does things mid season? He pretty much sticks to his original plan all season, good or bad. So with that said, I do think the same problems will exist, but I think we are gonna have to accept those problems and hope they work themselves out. We just gotta play our A game two weekends in a row and we are right back where we need to be.

Has Fletcher Adams even played this year? I don't remember him playing and I was guessing that if he hasn't played by now we were probably planning on redshirting him.

DistrictDawg92
09-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Has Fletcher Adams even played this year? I don't remember him playing and I was guessing that if he hasn't played by now we were probably planning on redshirting him.

I could've sworn I saw that he was on the participation list but I checked and he wasn't. I still think he is a piece of the D-line that we don't have and could use, you can line him up anywhere. Those that know, is he still planning to redshirt?

ETA: Kyle Niblett tweeted yesterday that the "participation crew" made a mistake and that he did not play.

Dawgcentral
09-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Pressure the Aubbie POS QB and jump some passing routes. Force turnovers and watch the fans file out of the place early.

This is a must win, no two ways about it.

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2015, 06:52 PM

I turned the game on the radio after I got back in the truck late 4th quarter and Matt was saying he was in the game.

Brando
09-21-2015, 06:57 PM
I also believe its must win for us. Only thing I dont like is that alot of times when a team with a coach like Auburn gets tore up like they did at LSU, they tend to come out the next wk and look like a totally different team. I'm kinda thinking that about Bama too. I still think that if we play sound football like we all know we can and Dak acts like Dak, we win by a decent margin and jump back in the top 25 somehere around 20-23.