PDA

View Full Version : Going into Auburn do we play not to lose?...again

CarolinaDawgs
09-21-2015, 11:52 AM
This whole "not to lose" mentality is the exact reason we have tough times against ranked opponents. Its not talent, Dak running, etc. Watching the last 3 games of last season and LSU this year we play on our heels instead of our toes and wait for the opposition to decide the outcome. Its tough to watch a team play reactionary football instead of the aggressive play that got us to our peak last year.

I just want to see us take shots at the other team and make them be the one on their heels. Last year LSU, Auburn and TAMU games we tried to wi in the first quarter and had success. In BAMA and OM games and LSU this year we tried not to lose in 1st quarter and you saw the results.

any thoughts on why this isn't obvious to anybody else?

Coach007
09-21-2015, 11:54 AM
We have not gone out and attack a defense early starting with bama. That's what I see too. We did it this weekend. It wasn't the fact that the team was a fcs school. It's the play selection.

CarolinaDawgs
09-21-2015, 11:58 AM
I totally agree. I think it was good for us to try and beat somebody like they stole something from us because thats what we are capable of doing.

I hate that feeling that Dan gives us that makes a 1st and 10 in the first quarter feel like a 3rd and 12 every time we touch the ball.

thunderclap
09-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Probably.

TrapGame
09-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Auburn is nowhere near as good as last year or the year before. We need to go out with a chip on our shoulders and blow them off the ball every snap. I want to see this relentless effort Mullen keeps harping about.

Sacrifice
09-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Auburn is nowhere near as good as last year or the year before. We need to go out with a chip on our shoulders and blow them off the ball every snap. I want to see this relentless effort Mullen keeps harping about.

Me too, I wanna see some Relentless Effort mixed with some Relentless Play Calling.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 01:12 PM
This whole "not to lose" mentality is the exact reason we have tough times against ranked opponents. Its not talent, Dak running, etc. Watching the last 3 games of last season and LSU this year we play on our heels instead of our toes and wait for the opposition to decide the outcome. Its tough to watch a team play reactionary football instead of the aggressive play that got us to our peak last year.

I just want to see us take shots at the other team and make them be the one on their heels. Last year LSU, Auburn and TAMU games we tried to wi in the first quarter and had success. In BAMA and OM games and LSU this year we tried not to lose in 1st quarter and you saw the results.

any thoughts on why this isn't obvious to anybody else?

Couldn't agree more.

It looked like Mullen wasted our first few series against LSU so that he could see how they were going to defend us. You can't do that. If we had aired it out on the first drive, I truly think we would have scored, caught LSU totally off guard, and would have had a much easier time running the ball the remainder of the game. But we didn't.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Attack the other team from the first play. Anything else I want a new coach until we find one that truly does what it means.