PDA

View Full Version : Should Dan email SEC officiating for a clarification of linemen downfield rule?

DancingRabbit
09-21-2015, 11:04 AM
If I was Dan, I'd say if the rule is not going to be enforced then we intend to incorporate sending linemen downfield on Pass/Run option plays into our game plan like Auburn and Ole Miss do.

The NCAA's Playing Rules Oversight Panel tabled a proposal that would have altered the ineligible receiver downfield rule, instead calling for the current rule to be made a "point of emphasis" during the 2015 season.

On Saturday Auburn and Ole Miss used linemen downfield on POP plays to score touchdowns.

Bama_Dawg
09-21-2015, 11:20 AM
If I was Dan, I'd say if the rule is not going to be enforced then we intend to incorporate sending linemen downfield on Pass/Run option plays into our game plan like Auburn and Ole Miss do.

The NCAA's Playing Rules Oversight Panel tabled a proposal that would have altered the ineligible receiver downfield rule, instead calling for the current rule to be made a "point of emphasis" during the 2015 season.

On Saturday Auburn and Ole Miss used linemen downfield on POP plays to score touchdowns.

Maybe a good idea, but I'd almost bet that the Alabama administration had one waiting for them in email (with possible video evidence) this morning when the SEC office opened.

confucius say
09-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Maybe a good idea, but I'd almost bet that the Alabama administration had one waiting for them in email (with possible video evidence) this morning when the SEC office opened.

Hand delivery. No email. Or just exchanged over yesterdays customary Sunday dinner***

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Hand delivery. No email. Or just exchanged over yesterdays customary Sunday dinner***

Haha. Yeah Saban was helping them break down the film over desert.

IMissJack
09-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Bump

msstate7
09-21-2015, 06:40 PM
The problem is allowing 3 yards. If it was just a yard, the line judge (or whatever you call the refs looking down the LOS) could just step 1 yard beyond the LOS after snap... If olinemen goes beyond you on pass play, throw flag

mic
09-21-2015, 06:59 PM
10:1 we get flagged for lineman downfield Sat..