PDA

View Full Version : Buy or Sell: Shumpert at AU

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2015, 09:56 AM
Buy or Sell: Shumpert gets 85% of carries against Auburn - we lose.

I buy. Shumpert is not the answer. His center of gravity is so high that one hit is enough to bring him down. I saw way more promise from Lee, Dear and Williams this past Saturday. I know it has been discussed ad nauseam, but Dan's inability to play the best back (circa 2013 Perkins, Robinson) scares the shit out of me.

P.S. Holloway HB dives are not the answer either, Dan.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 10:10 AM
The only thing I have ever been really frustrated wit Mullen over was playing Tyler Russel over Dak. The Shumpert situation is developing along those lines. The only thing that has kept it from reaching that point is that we haven't seen the young guys much against a real opponent. I'd like to see it tried.

AROB44
09-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Why do folks think that Mullen decides what RB to play. What about the RB coach? Do you think he has any input?

DancingRabbit
09-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Why do folks think that Mullen decides what RB to play. What about the RB coach? Do you think he has any input?

No, Dan will over-rule Greg Knox just to piss me off **

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2015, 10:17 AM

Someone is inept at evaluating considering our whole fanbase knew Robinson was better than Perkins.

Coach007
09-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Who do the rb coaches report to. In the end, it's mullen ' s team

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Someone is inept at evaluating considering our whole fanbase knew Robinson was better than Perkins.

Yeah he is not inept at evaluating talent. He played who he thought gave the best chance to win per his criteria. That has nothing to do with evaluating talent. Has anybody watched his press conference Sat night? I may be off or misheard but I think he even alludes to the fact that the press members knew he was frustrated the last few weeks not being able to play guys because of circumstances. Talked about I think Williams made a good runs but also made the wrong cuts. JRob and Perkins debate had as much to do with JRob holding himself back by not being prepared. The problem was as much about him as anything. And the end of last year proved it again.

DawgPoundtheRock
09-21-2015, 10:25 AM
Sell. I think Shump starts and gets the majority of the RB carries. However, I think we will see more of the younger guys if for no other reason than to give them experience against legitimate competition and to see what they do in that situation.

Sell. I think we win even though Jordan's Hair is a tough place to play. I'm concerned that AU will change QB's and we will see things that they haven't showed yet.

Beaver
09-21-2015, 10:34 AM
85% of the carries? In 3 games, Shumpert has carried the ball a total of 27 times. If we run 25 times on Saturday (not including Dak) that would mean Shump gets 21 of those carries. SELL

TrapGame
09-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Sell. The way AU has played defense these last two games Shump may look pretty good. But, I don't think Shump gets a majority of the carries. I see us using Myles a lot Saturday and Dak running more. Lee and Williams were far more explosive vs NWS than Shump and that should bother Dan and his coaches

archdog
09-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Alright, we have beat this dead horse enough. Shump is an MSU player, lets stop riding him into the ground and actually treat him like he is part of the team. This entire front page is filled with whoa is me, doom and gloom bs.

You want our team to come out ready, I want our fanbase using as much energy dissecting our next opponent as they have the last 9 days running one of our own players into the ground.

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Alright, we have beat this dead horse enough. Shump is an MSU player, lets stop riding him into the ground and actually treat him like he is part of the team. This entire front page is filled with whoa is me, doom and gloom bs.

You want our team to come out ready, I want our fanbase using as much energy dissecting our next opponent as they have the last 9 days running one of our own players into the ground.

I didn't say anything about his effort or character. Criticism is necessary considering Dan's prior years inability to put the best back in the game. Shumpert just isn't the answer.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 10:55 AM
I don't know Shumpert but I do know some of his family. I also know people who know him very well. From all I have ever heard he is a great guy and does pretty much everything that is asked of him. That probably has more to do with why he is playing more than some of the others right now than anything. That being said I don't think he is the best pure runner in the team. He probably is the best right now at everything else a running back has to do.

Sacrifice
09-21-2015, 11:07 AM
Buy, I think it'll be business as usual, Shump will get his 15 carries Hollaway 7-10 and we'll split the rest between the other backs. I hope I'm wrong.
I think Shump would make a hell of a LB. I don't think he's quite fast enough or loose enough through the hips to play Safety.

bulldawg28
09-21-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm liking Lee more and more after watching him break tackles Saturday.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-21-2015, 11:14 AM
Buy, I think it'll be business as usual, Shump will get his 15 carries Hollaway 7-10 and we'll split the rest between the other backs. I hope I'm wrong.
I think Shump would make a hell of a LB. I don't think he's quite fast enough or loose enough through the hips to play Safety.

Only problem with that is that hasn't been business as usual. Shump hasn't had over 10 carries in any game & Holloway season high in carries is 7.

Sacrifice
09-21-2015, 11:26 AM
Only problem with that is that hasn't been business as usual. Shump hasn't had over 10 carries in any game & Holloway season high in carries is 7.

Your right, I'll phrase it this way. Shump majority of the carries for the RBs. Business as usual.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Not to Hijack this thread but... I have probably watched that clip of JRob's run against KY a dozen times and I just noticed that every KY player was trying to tackle JRob high ( chest or shoulder). Is this the tackling technique that our coaches are teaching now? It doesn't work against the short powerful runners in today's game. Shump is long and his weight relatively evenly distributed so high tackles can bring him down at a higher % rate than a JROB type back such as Dear. I think Dear can be the next JRob if given the snaps.

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Your right, I'll phrase it this way. Shump majority of the carries for the RBs. Business as usual.

That's probably how I should have titled it. I think if Shump gets majority of snaps we lose.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 11:45 AM

That's been my though on Shump ever since I saw him play in HS.

tireddawg
09-21-2015, 01:31 PM
I don't know Shumpert but I do know some of his family. I also know people who know him very well. From all I have ever heard he is a great guy and does pretty much everything that is asked of him. That probably has more to do with why he is playing more than some of the others right now than anything. That being said I don't think he is the best pure runner in the team. He probably is the best right now at everything else a running back has to do.

Meh, the other guys are probably doing
all that is asked of them too. I don't buy that, but I don't know the answer either.

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Meh, the other guys are probably doing
all that is asked of them too. I don't buy that, but I don't know the answer either.

NM

Ifyouonlyknew
09-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Except may be show up by curfew.

Don't throw those facts out there like that.

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Don't throw those facts out there like that.

Your right. I shouldn't have. No good comes from it. Sorry

ETA. Don't know if I can edit your reply with the quote

Ifyouonlyknew
09-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Your right. I shouldn't have. No good comes from it. Sorry

ETA. Don't know if I can edit your reply with the quote

You good. It's a lot of things that happen that people don't know.

Dawgtini
09-21-2015, 02:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/j7dPvjH.gif