PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Info About Our Schedule...

CJDAWG85
09-21-2015, 09:35 AM
State gets Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, and Ole Miss after LSU. This could set up very well for us.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2015, 09:41 AM
It's all about Mullen. If he lets this team play, we will have a chance to win the rest of our games.

AROB44
09-21-2015, 10:04 AM
Yea....it is such a shame that Mullen is such a shitty coach. ******* What the f**k do you mean.."lets this team play"? Who would you like to see running this team....just curious.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Mullen is the best thing that has happened to MSU football ever with the possible exception of Allyn McKeen. I'm getting petty old but McKeen was way before my time. Give it a rest.

Coach007
09-21-2015, 10:15 AM
CDM is responsible for getting us to where we are. That does not = him being above criticism. The beginning of the season the talk was Dak running less. Before the first game the talk was him running less at that game.

In short, we closed the play book on what we did best. On purpose. The excuse for fans.. we didn't want to show the sec much of what we can do. That's a lack of common sense excuse. Everybody knows what we do. We did it for a complete season.

We did not play well in the first quarter vs lsu it got us behind and dak ends up throwing it 52 times. 52! This week we go back to what we do. It works... if we go into auburn with the mindset that we had vs lsu... we will not win.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 10:22 AM
With the way our line looked against LSU I'm not sure we want Dak trying to run it much against legit defenses. I do think he needs to pull it down on pass plays more than he did against LSU. Designed runs, including the read option, I'm not so sure about. B

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
With the way our line looked against LSU I'm not sure we want Dak trying to run it much against legit defenses. I do think he needs to pull it down on pass plays more than he did against LSU. Designed runs, including the read option, I'm not so sure about. B

Mullen had to know from practice that we had some deficiencies at certain positions on offense and we should scheme to cover them up. Where is the creativity in our offense?

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Mullen had to know from practice that we had some deficiencies at certain positions on offense and we should scheme to cover them up. Where is the creativity in our offense?

Wait now, two posts before a poster criticized us going away from running and what we do best against LSU. The next guy questions with how we looked maybe running wasn't the best option and now you jump in with, well Mullen should have known from practice. Well crap man that may be exactly why. Saw some run blocking problems and had a different scheme. And then adjusted again during the game. One blames him from doing something different, another for not doing something to cover up our decencies, well which is it? Honestly 90% of the time if we execute whatever is called then that should be our offense even if we were just running counters up the middle. Inside of three posts one extreme to another from different angles and of course Mullen is too hard headed to see what we see. Now I know he is but so is every other head coach in the country. So maybe the hard headed issue should just be tabled because it's the same affliction for all coaches.

Coach007
09-21-2015, 11:50 AM
I feel that we should play to dominated by attacking hard with all we have from the start. I don't feel that we did that vs usm nor lsu. I know, not even questionable, we did that last year and we did not this year. Two different looks. Whatever the reason may be.

I would rather see us working towards perfecting what this offense is during games then run a vanilla play calling 1st quarter to ease players into what we do. It puts us behind.

basedog
09-21-2015, 12:01 PM
I feel that we should play to dominated by attacking hard with all we have from the start. I don't feel that we did that vs usm nor lsu. I know, not even questionable, we did that last year and we did not this year. Two different looks. Whatever the reason may be.

I would rather see us working towards perfecting what this offense is during games then run a vanilla play calling 1st quarter to ease players into what we do. It puts us behind.

Here we go again, have you thought about we have new starters at LT, Guard, Center and RT as well as RB and TE? It takes a little time to jell on offense. especially run blocking, it's a unit not individual play up front.
You probably are one of the folks who said Lsu was average I bet.
Right now, we aren't dominate up front and our best play makers aren't running backs they are our wide outs.
No use trying to run Dak up the middle or even read option when defenses are keying on him and containing on the out side.
I'm hoping our OL starts to jell so we can be more balance. I do see we are improving and against Auburn we shall see, it's gonna be a close game.