PDA

View Full Version : Bo Tryna Earn Back Those Media Credentials Today

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2015, 08:38 AM
I guess they deserve it today.

One caller that called in stated, "Coach Freeze is one of the greatest christian men on the planet today."

I'm curious if an NCAA enforcement staffer would agree?

Bo did make one really good point. He talked about Ole Miss' body language an how it exuded confidence & that they belonged there. I often wonder if we don't have this, but we certainly had it at LSU & against Auburn last year, but didn't have it against Bama last year or LSU this year.

I wonder how much of this body language is dictated by how you get off the bus and how much of it is dictated by having success early in the game?

In the games that we have a great body language, we usually get an early turnover or score on the first drive, just like Ole Miss did the other night.

msualohadog
09-21-2015, 09:16 AM
I thought the same. TSUN seemed to have a "Sherrillesque" quality during the game we seem to be missing.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2015, 09:19 AM
I thought the same. TSUN seemed to have a "Sherrillesque" quality during the game we seem to be missing.

They absolutely did.

My question is if this is something you get off the bus with or something that you gain after kickoff?

I ask this because we've had it at certain times & at other times we haven't. Against LSU, A&M, & Auburn last year, we absolutely had it, but we didn't have it against Bama last year. In the first three games, something good happened to us in the 1st quarter & in the Bama game nothing good happened early.

Dawg496
09-21-2015, 09:40 AM
I think someone other than Coach Mullen needs to give the pregame speech. The few I've heard all sounded the same and lacked any kind of emotion. Surely someone on the coaching staff can get the players fired up.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-21-2015, 09:48 AM
My question is if this is something you get off the bus with or something that you gain after kickoff?
When we get off the bus look small and timid. On the field we look slow, un-aggressive, and lack the size that the other teams at the top of the west have. At MSU, we've never had a problem with a running game or being a nasty, aggressive defense...wtf has happened?

sandwolf
09-21-2015, 09:50 AM
I think someone other than Coach Mullen needs to give the pregame speech. The few I've heard all sounded the same and lacked any kind of emotion. Surely someone on the coaching staff can get the players fired up.

Pregame speeches last for about 2 plays. As much fun as they are, they have pretty much no impact at all on the game.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I remember the most charged up I ever got for a pre-game speech. The whole team was pumped. We nearly had guys hurt when everybody tried to get out of the door of the locker room at the same time. We lost 42-0. Give it a rest guys. I swear it sounds like we lost that game this past weekend.

Dawg496
09-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Pregame speeches last for about 2 plays. As much fun as they are, they have pretty much no impact at all on the game.

Two plays can set the tone for the whole game. It's pretty clear that we play much more loose and open when we score quickly. I don't see why we wouldn't try to get an advantage any way possible, even if it's just for two plays.