PDA

View Full Version : Auburn 3.5 point favorites?

Duckdog
09-20-2015, 04:55 PM
What a load of horse shit

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 07:13 PM
That's laughable.

Schultzy
09-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Why is it laughable? If we're unwilling to run Prescott I'd say it's a about right.

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2015, 08:58 PM

This seems too good to be true, which scares the shit out of me.

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 09:09 PM
This seems too good to be true, which scares the shit out of me.

Concerns me too. No way it should be that close based on in game performances.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Has auburn beat the spread yet this year? Seems auburn gets way too much respect

TrapGame
09-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Has auburn beat the spread yet this year? Seems auburn gets way too much respect

After the last two games it looks like AU couldn't beat the spread on peanut butter. But, those bastards will be cheating their asses off in JH.

archdog
09-20-2015, 09:55 PM
Sounds about right. Prove me wrong MSU.

Beaver
09-20-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm fine with it. State needs to come in with an underdog mentality. Take last year for example... Ole Miss comes off a BEATDOWN by Arkansas, and then kicks the crap out of us. Oh, and remember the beating that Auburn put on LSU last year? That LSU team beat Ole Miss.

One thing that has been fairly consistent with Mullen... If he wins the first half, he almost always wins the game. We have to come out strong like we did last year against LSU, AU, and A&M.

Bothrops
09-20-2015, 11:03 PM
I haven't seen anything from the defensive side that tells me we can win at Auburn.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 11:09 PM
I haven't seen anything from the defensive side that tells me we can win at Auburn.

What have you seen from auburn that tells you they can beat us? Was it the 7 point win over 0-3 Louisville, OT win over Jacksonville state, or the raping lsu issued them last week?

War Machine Dawg
09-20-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm ok with it. While I think we "should" be favored, the theory is that homefield is worth 7 points. Or at least that's what The Kang always said. So if you take that into account, we're basically a pick 'em or 3 point favorite. Not the line I'd put out, but Vegas is gonna troll the Aubie money as much as they can.

JScottDova
09-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Auburn will be lucky to score 3.5 points if Johnson plays QB. Heisman? Can't win it. Can't spell it. Hell, he couldn't find a picture of it with Google.

Maroonthirteen
09-21-2015, 05:41 AM

I agree.

Insomnia allowed me to review AU/LSU and State v.NwSt/LSU.

We are S L O W and not.physical at some defensive positions. Our OL is weak.

Auburns QB is wildly inaccurate. Their backfield is slow by sec standards. So, we may not be in over our heads defensively. However we better make some tackles at the los and pressure that QB right off the bat. Otherwise I think he may find some accuracy with easier targets and gain confidence. If we can't force them to throw and pressure that QB when they do......oh boy because we can't cover a light post right now.

LSUs OL was blowing up Auburns DL. Jville St had some nice gainers. I think we will be able to.move the ball even with our OL. Which may be our best defense... Eating up clock.

NCDawg
09-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Auburn will be lucky to score 3.5 points if Johnson plays QB. Heisman? Can't win it. Can't spell it. Hell, he couldn't find a picture of it with Google.

Hope you're right. I learned a long time ago never to discount the opposition. He may come out and play like Cam Newton.

bulldawg28
09-21-2015, 06:46 AM
I expect Johnson to be successful with Qb keeps on the option. We haven't stopped that play yet this year.

Dawg61
09-21-2015, 07:07 AM
Whose Auburn's backup QB? Gotta think we'll see him real soon.

RIdog
09-21-2015, 08:32 AM
I like it and plan to make an ummmm _ "investment" . :)

FISHDAWG
09-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Auburn is gonna play mad / angry against us ... get ready because it's coming. Now, having said that I think we will respond with at least an equal amount of emotion which leaves us with our play makers vs theirs - I think we have more playmakers than they do - if we will get them the ball
we are gonna win this one guys if we diversify our offense like we just did....and save the remarks about Northwestern talent vs Auburn talent - the principle remains the same

HancockCountyDog
09-21-2015, 08:43 AM
I've talked to multiple AU people and they all think that AU is about to quit. Apparently none of the kids like the fact that Duke Williams basically took a week off from two a days, didn't workout much this summer and despite all that bullshit, he gets to come back and start.

Not a big surprise. Now, AU either circles the wagons and play like their season is on the line (because it is), or they are headed towards a 5 win season.

KentuckyDawg13
09-21-2015, 10:09 AM
Since the game is at Auburn, anything can happen...we have seen the B.S. that comes out of the state of Alabama when it comes from officiating.