PDA

View Full Version : Fall Ball observations / questions

godlluB
09-20-2015, 03:59 PM
I went to part of the baseball scrimmage today. I walked back to the right field area and it looks like the fence is moved in a little over 20 feet at its max, and instead of curving it is now straight as an arrow.

I also noticed during the scrimmage that several of the new players were wearing maroon caps that were blank except for the Adidas logo on one side. I tweeted to @hailstatebb and asked about why some players didn't have the M over S on their hats and they responded "they have to earn it". I don't remember this in the past. Is it a new thing? Does anyone know what they have to do to "earn it"?

I also noticed that now that players can choose their own bats, not a single one of them are using an Adidas bat. I guess the players didn't love them as much as we were told.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 04:02 PM
If our guys earned the MS last year, it can't be that hard**

I think we're much improved this year

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Good news about the bats. I also love the "earn it" deal....but if it's true, everybody's hat should be blank, including Cohen's.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't remember us having players have to earn their MS before. We are trying different bats right now and I suppose the players will pick which one they like the best.

Rooker has been tearing it up in fall ball- hitting over .500 with 2 bombs. Hunter Stovall hit one as well. Our infield defense was a problem last year- but I think that will be better as well based on what I am hearing. We have some good pieces to our pitching staff now as well- Hudson should be a legit ace that we haven't had since Stratton. That in and of itself will be a huge boost. If we move Collins to third base, it will improve us defensively behind the plate as well.

We should have better balance throughout our lineup this year.

Taco
09-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Probably too early to know anything but are there any reports on how the new pitchers are looking?

godlluB
09-20-2015, 04:36 PM
They were out of rosters when I got there today, so I'm not totally sure who was pitching when I got there, but he was throwing some serious heat. I think I read somewhere that we had two pitchers in the scrimmage yesterday throwing 95-96.

War Machine Dawg
09-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Good news about the bats. I also love the "earn it" deal....but if it's true, everybody's hat should be blank, including Cohen's.

A-f'n-men!