PDA

View Full Version : OT: Question for those that are technologically competent

Statecoachingblows**
09-20-2015, 01:50 PM
Wife got me a boat (and a payment) for my birthday and now we are wanting to take the fam out next weekend. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my watch ESPN app from my phone to something with a bigger screen so I can watch some games during the day next weekend. Won't have wifi but will be close enough to have decent cell service. I have unlimited data so att says I cant make my phone a hotspot. If I could do that Id be able to at least use an iPad for a bigger screen. Haven't tried hooking the phone straight to the lap top but I did try running the usb from the phone to the tv with no luck. May not be possible but thought maybe one of you may have a suggestion?

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Google Chrome stick - $35
Plugs into your tv and you can stream straight from the ESPN app

Statecoachingblows**
09-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Cool thanks will check it out

Jacksondevildog
09-20-2015, 03:20 PM
You can connect the iPhone to the tv with a lightning to HDMI cable. Apple sells them at their store. You can also purchase one at BestBuy. You can also hot spot your phone and stream on your iPad.

dparker
09-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Second the chromecast but you will have to set your phone up as a wifi hotspot for it to connect. Check your phone model. It may be able to use a mini-usb to HDMI cable.

Statecoachingblows**
09-21-2015, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info