PDA

View Full Version : One thing is for sure...

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 01:28 PM
here in Mississippi I'm getting plenty of reminders why I went to MSU right now. Thanks Rebs!

I seen it dawg
09-20-2015, 01:33 PM
You hate ole miss?

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 01:42 PM
Last night you gave me plenty of reminders of why I quit binge drinking.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 01:46 PM
You hate ole miss?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a5/4a/2e/a54a2e7698c774b092fb371820a3c974.gif

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Yeah, his Liver is probably a pool this morning.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 01:58 PM

I had one or two but I wasn't smashed at all. Did you think that was what was making me go off on the Confederates? That is how I feel abut UM. That hasn't changed one bit from last night. I'd still be posting that way if I thought you boys would allow it. I grew up in the era when the memories of when they were relevant were still very fresh in their minds. I'm old enough to barely remember those days myself. The smugness and condescension left a lifelong intense dislike of all things UM with me. By the way, I have a professional degree from them. That experience re-enforced the dislike. Some of you younger guys are probably about to get a dose of it like you have never really had before. It will change some of you.

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2015, 02:27 PM
You haven't lived until you have dodged a Confederate thrown whiskey bottle at the Vaught.

sleepy dawg
09-20-2015, 02:31 PM
I had one or two but I wasn't smashed at all. Did you think that was what was making me go off on the Confederates? That is how I feel abut UM. That hasn't changed one bit from last night. I'd still be posting that way if I thought you boys would allow it. I grew up in the era when the memories of when they were relevant were still very fresh in their minds. I'm old enough to barely remember those days myself. The smugness and condescension left a lifelong intense dislike of all things UM with me. By the way, I have a professional degree from them. That experience re-enforced the dislike. Some of you younger guys are probably about to get a dose of it like you have never really had before. It will change some of you.

This is true. If you are a true State fan, and don't hate them with everything you've got, you either aren't old enough to have experienced this for yourself, or you just think you're a true State fan.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 03:09 PM

Oh I hate them just as much, if not more, than you do. However, I still have enough self control not to let it cause a heart attack or for me to go banana sandwich on a message board while they're playing.

I fully expect Ole Miss to win the National Championship this year. I'm prepared for it. Now I'm just worried about what MSU does.

Dawgheadcheese
09-20-2015, 03:13 PM
This is true. If you are a true State fan, and don't hate them with everything you've got, you either aren't old enough to have experienced this for yourself, or you just think you're a true State fan.

Oh good grief. 90% of the OM fans I know - and I know a lot - are fine. 10% of any fan base are idiots. Doesn't anyone else on this site feel like the level of OM hate is way over the top? Bottom line is that they have as good a shot as anyone to win it all this year. Don't you expect them to be excited? Believe me, I am a huge MSU fan and have been supporting the Bulldogs for over 40 years - and never find myself pulling for OM. But if OM makes it to the national championship game, I will be pulling for them to win it all. It would be a tremendous accomplishment and why in the hell would I pull against them. They are a Mississippi team and i have lots of friends that love OM. Let's grow up a little bit.

Bothrops
09-20-2015, 03:32 PM
All anyone has to do is spend some time in the grove. If that scene doesn't make you feel green around the gills, or at least embarrassed for them, you probably ought to join them.

sleepy dawg
09-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Oh good grief. 90% of the OM fans I know - and I know a lot - are fine. 10% of any fan base are idiots. Doesn't anyone else on this site feel like the level of OM hate is way over the top? Bottom line is that they have as good a shot as anyone to win it all this year. Don't you expect them to be excited? Believe me, I am a huge MSU fan and have been supporting the Bulldogs for over 40 years - and never find myself pulling for OM. But if OM makes it to the national championship game, I will be pulling for them to win it all. It would be a tremendous accomplishment and why in the hell would I pull against them. They are a Mississippi team and i have lots of friends that love OM. Let's grow up a little bit.

Here's to growing up:

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1151541/84510976.gif

scottycameron
09-20-2015, 03:45 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tPS3aMHJIDiyG7J8_vwdc9E-EWA=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4078736/qbhit.0.gif

from another board, cheap shot, officials either a. never saw it or b. saw and intentionally let it go. Have no idea if this will post or not.

BulldogBear
09-20-2015, 03:45 PM
You haven't lived until you have dodged a Confederate thrown whiskey bottle at the Vaught.
I can top that. Had to step between a grown man rebel and my THIRTEEN year old son

scottycameron
09-20-2015, 03:46 PM
didn't work.

Liverpooldawg

i live in Mississippi dude. I have plenty of UM friends. I'm a MSU alum but I went to one of their branches for 4 years for another degree. They are fine in everything and just like everyone else except when it comes to UM sports. You are making the same mistake a lot of people in politics do, mistaking intense dislike of something for personal hatred. You can hate UM intensely and not transfer that to individuals. That being said there is absolutely no way I would pull for them to win a title in tiddlywinks, much less football. You are in a VERY small minority, trust me.

msstate7

My love is for miss state. OM winning a national title would in no way be a good thing for us. Why would any msu fan want OM to win a national title? I guess if OM is undefeated coming into the egg, we should pull for OM bc they are a miss team. Surely you aren't serious...

DancingRabbit
09-20-2015, 03:47 PM

I've got friends and relatives that are die-hard OM fans, and for the most part they are not obnoxious, but as our primary rival for recruiting I cannot and will not pull for them ever (except in games where it directly benefits MSU in the conference standings).

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Oh I hate them just as much, if not more, than you do. However, I still have enough self control not to let it cause a heart attack or for me to go banana sandwich on a message board while they're playing.

I fully expect Ole Miss to win the National Championship this year. I'm prepared for it. Now I'm just worried about what MSU does.
You have one of your priorities right, the other is seriously off. :D

By the way, I was very restrained last night, trust me.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-20-2015, 03:49 PM
But if OM makes it to the national championship game, I will be pulling for them to win it all. It would be a tremendous accomplishment and why in the hell would I pull against them. They are a Mississippi team and i have lots of friends that love OM. Let's grow up a little bit.

No.

scottycameron
09-20-2015, 03:49 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tPS3aMHJIDiyG7J8_vwdc9E-EWA=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4078736/qbhit.0.gif

try #2

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 03:50 PM
My love is for miss state. OM winning a national title would in no way be a good thing for us. Why would any msu fan want OM to win a national title? I guess if OM is undefeated coming into the egg, we should pull for OM bc they are a miss team. Surely you aren't serious...

If he is........hummmm.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 03:51 PM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/218/530/wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE _We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

This board ain't for you if you feel this way.

dawg27
09-20-2015, 03:51 PM
How can u pull for them just because they are from mississippi? I dont think it is us who needs to grow up!

tireddawg
09-20-2015, 04:33 PM

I know where there's some OM gear on sale...you can pull yo ass off

dawg27
09-20-2015, 06:07 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/218/530/wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE _We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg

This board ain't for you if you feel this way.
Hey everybody lets all get together and hold hands and sing songs of harmony because ole miss doing good, since we are all from mississippi! this bord is not for u dawgcheese!

BossDawg
09-20-2015, 06:26 PM
But if OM makes it to the national championship game, I will be pulling for them to win it all. It would be a tremendous accomplishment and why in the hell would I pull against them. They are a Mississippi team and i have lots of friends that love OM. Let's grow up a little bit.

I wouldn't pull for them and no other State fan should either, because if the shoe was on the other foot they would have private investigators stationed at every corner of Starkville....at the very least. We should go after their jugular as much as possible and in any way possible, because they have, they are, and they will always do what they can to attack State.

State82
09-20-2015, 07:03 PM

Out of all the dumb things ever posted here, this is the dumbest. I know that sounds like complete hyperbole. It's not.

cheewgumm
09-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Ban- worthy

Dawgcentral
09-20-2015, 07:45 PM
My God dawgcheese. You've lost your flippin' mind. OM winning a national title is the equivalent to the destruction of everything good and just to mankind as a whole.

If you're asking for the Eve of Destruction, sure,.. all power to them. I'm personally hoping for a tremendous sinkhole to open below Oxford and suck the entire place down into oblivion. Until then, they can bounce footballs off of helmets while I keep a puke bucket next to the recliner.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 08:37 PM
That dirty hit is all over my Facebook feed. It's being posted by gleeful Confederates celebrating it. They think it's great.

sandwolf
09-20-2015, 09:31 PM
I had one or two but I wasn't smashed at all.

You should definitely just let everyone think you were smashed.......because you were flat out terrible, and it is embarrassing that you were acting like that sober.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 09:22 AM
I got hacked because the first thread got locked. I was about to pack it in for the night when that happened. I'm still mad about that by the way. Unvarnished irrational Rebel bashing should be encouraged. All this love for them and downing our own isn't a healthy state of affairs. I detest UM but I do admire one thing, they stay on point. You saw litte admiration or respect for us from them last year. That's what a rivalry should be.

MadDawg
09-21-2015, 09:44 AM
I guess we know who cheese will be pulling for in the Egg Bowl.

FISHDAWG
09-21-2015, 09:51 AM

they're gonna have to vacate it if they win ... just sayin

Dawgheadcheese
09-21-2015, 10:28 AM

Um, no. If OM shows up at the Egg Bowl undefeated, I would hope with everything that I have that MSU would knock them out of the national championship picture. But with that said, if they are in the national championship game, I would pull for them. I just don't have the hate others do on this board. I also think the excessive and continuous hate shown by a lot of MSU fans makes us look weak and pathetic. You wonder why the media and others look at us as inferior? It is because we act inferior. Over half of what is discussed on this boards somehow involves OM - good grief.

Dawgheadcheese
09-21-2015, 10:29 AM
they're gonna have to vacate it if they win ... just sayin

You are dreaming.

Dawgheadcheese
09-21-2015, 10:30 AM
My God dawgcheese. You've lost your flippin' mind. OM winning a national title is the equivalent to the destruction of everything good and just to mankind as a whole.

If you're asking for the Eve of Destruction, sure,.. all power to them. I'm personally hoping for a tremendous sinkhole to open below Oxford and suck the entire place down into oblivion. Until then, they can bounce footballs off of helmets while I keep a puke bucket next to the recliner.

wow

DancingRabbit
09-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Um, no. If OM shows up at the Egg Bowl undefeated, I would hope with everything that I have that MSU would knock them out of the national championship picture. But with that said, if they are in the national championship game, I would pull for them. I just don't have the hate others do on this board. I also think the excessive and continuous hate shown by a lot of MSU fans makes us look weak and pathetic. You wonder why the media and others look at us as inferior? It is because we act inferior. Over half of what is discussed on this boards somehow involves OM - good grief.

"Sports hate" is different from real hate. Thinking logically without emotion, I know that OM winning the SECW is detrimental to MSU athletics. So I cannot pull for them ever, except when an OM win directly benefits MSU in the conference standings.

FISHDAWG
09-21-2015, 11:10 AM
You are dreaming.

and what a sweet dream it is

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 11:28 AM

Have you actually been around any Ole Miss fans? If they win a national championship I will have to move and never get on the internet again. It's not hate its just the reality that they are the most insufferable people on the planet.

Dawgheadcheese
09-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Does your wife wear the red and blue pants in your house?

"Sports hate" is different from real hate. Thinking logically without emotion, I know that OM winning the SECW is detrimental to MSU athletics. So I cannot pull for them ever, except when an OM win directly benefits MSU in the conference standings.

OM winning is detrimental to MSU?? You have to be kidding. Are you actually saying that OM determines whether MSU is successful or not? Again, that is a pathetic commentary. The amount of success MSU has is up to the leadership / coaching at MSU. OM doesn't / hasn't kept us from hiring top people. OM doesn't / hasn't kept us from recruiting great players. This "being scared of OM having success because it will hurt little ole MSU infuriates me. It is a loser mentality and I want no part of it.

As for being banned from the ED board for having this opinion, you must be kidding. Because I have enough confidence in MSU not to fear success at OM I should be banned? Is this really the opinion of the vast members of this board believe. If so, we have a higher percentage of pathetic fans that I ever imagined.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 11:42 AM
As I said you are in a very small minority, IF you are a MSU fan.

rtdawg
09-21-2015, 11:46 AM

How in God's name would you pull for them to win a national title? That's absurd.

DancingRabbit
09-21-2015, 11:52 AM
OM winning is detrimental to MSU?? You have to be kidding. Are you actually saying that OM determines whether MSU is successful or not? Again, that is a pathetic commentary. The amount of success MSU has is up to the leadership / coaching at MSU. OM doesn't / hasn't kept us from hiring top people. OM doesn't / hasn't kept us from recruiting great players. This "being scared of OM having success because it will hurt little ole MSU infuriates me. It is a loser mentality and I want no part of it.

As for being banned from the ED board for having this opinion, you must be kidding. Because I have enough confidence in MSU not to fear success at OM I should be banned? Is this really the opinion of the vast members of this board believe. If so, we have a higher percentage of pathetic fans that I ever imagined.

It's not a complicated concept. It's hard enough to compete for top in-state recruits when those cheating bastards are mediocre, much more difficult if they go to Atlanta.

You're being dense or you're an OM homer.

Boodawg
09-21-2015, 12:10 PM
Had an Ole Miss fan I had just met asking if I was gonna pull for UM before the game. He said I should pull for them and told me that he pulls for State when State's not playing UM. Liar. Anyway, I told him the only way I would pull for them is if he could promise me that they wouldn't win the SEC or a NC. Of course I was still lying to him, because I could never truly pull for UM. One of my best friends is an UM fan, but I don't think he's a true UM fan because I do find him pulling for State sometime. That could be a front, but he seems genuine.

MadDawg
09-21-2015, 12:16 PM
OM winning is detrimental to MSU?? You have to be kidding.

I'm not one to advocate banning anyone. But this quote should ban anyone else from taking any sports take this guy has seriously.

Bubb Rubb
09-21-2015, 12:20 PM

Here's a question for you. Do you think they were pulling for us when we went into Tuscaloosa #1 in the country last year?

State82
09-21-2015, 12:26 PM
As I said you are in a very small minority, IF you are a MSU fan.

It's much smaller than "very small". Its minuscule.

MadDawg
09-21-2015, 12:30 PM
It's much smaller than "very small". Its minuscule.

Mostly limited to the "barely pays attention" fan or women.

Saltydog
09-21-2015, 12:42 PM
that could've jeopardized his career. Not a worse fan base in the country.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2015, 01:21 PM

Well you can go ahead and disappear from here then. Why in the hell would you pull for them? ****ing stupid. Nothing good comes to us by them being successful. You hoping some media idiot calls them Mississippi state so our name gets out there?

I seen it dawg
09-21-2015, 01:30 PM

You would pull for them to win the National title. That's what you wrote. That's egregious and stupid. Just go to another board or don't post.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 01:38 PM

So Ole Miss winning a Title wouldn't hurt our recruiting in this State?

Don't be that woman that walks in to the living room and tells her husband that it's stupid to get upset over a football game. You're being that woman. You clearly don't know much about football, or care about it enough to be commenting on it here. This place is not for those fans that are seen holding up one finger and smiling when the camera hits them while we're losing to Maine.

MSUDawg99
09-21-2015, 01:39 PM

If Usiss were playing ISIS I would cheer for ISIS. It's a bitter RIVALRY. We're not supposed to cheer for them. Would AUB or Bama ever cheer for each other? HELL NO! Furthermore, in 2013 do you think Usiss was cheering us on during the CWS? Again, HELL NO! Neither was I cheering for them in the CWS last year. Why should we ever cheer for them, in anything?

Dawgheadcheese
09-21-2015, 01:46 PM
You would pull for them to win the National title. That's what you wrote. That's egregious and stupid. Just go to another board or don't post.

That's right, if the season is complete except for the national championship game and OM is in it I would pull for them. Anybody that thinks that would somehow paralyze the future success or opportunities for MSU football has a case of "little d!ck" syndrome. Man up for God's sake. I have never in my life pulled for OM in any game / any sport. But winning the national championship would be what i consider an almost unbelievable achievement for a school out of MS. Considering the money / national exposure / recruiting / budgets found at "traditional" powerhouses in football, not to mention surviving the absolute toughest conference in America, they would deserve whatever rewards they earned from winning it all. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Jeez, what's it gonna take?

tireddawg
09-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Cheese is joking, right? Can't be real. I've never heard a die-hard state fan ever say anything like this.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 01:51 PM
That's right, if the season is complete except for the national championship game and OM is in it I would pull for them. Anybody that thinks that would somehow paralyze the future success or opportunities for MSU football has a case of "little d!ck" syndrome. Man up for God's sake. I have never in my life pulled for OM in any game / any sport. But winning the national championship would be what i consider an almost unbelievable achievement for a school out of MS. Considering the money / national exposure / recruiting / budgets found at "traditional" powerhouses in football, not to mention surviving the absolute toughest conference in America, they would deserve whatever rewards they earned from winning it all. Sorry if the truth hurts.

I'll let I seen it ban you after he rips you.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/idjut.gif

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 01:54 PM
Jeez, what's it gonna take?

Relax, it's like a cat playing with a mouse before killing it.

Besides, you ought to be glad the mods don't have an itchy trigger finger after your meltdown Saturday night. Lol

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 01:58 PM
I just had to do the "deduct reputation points" for the first time ever to DawgCheeseHead. I didn't even do that to Swagger Vance (whom I am actually starting to enjoy his gifs and humor)

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Relax, it's like a cat playing with a mouse before killing it.

Besides, you ought to be glad the mods don't have an itchy trigger finger after your meltdown Saturday night. Lol

My meltdown didn't include cheering for UM. You ought to remember that. LOL.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2015, 02:03 PM
My meltdown didn't include cheering for UM. You ought to remember that. LOL.

Haha good point. Far from it

MadDawg
09-21-2015, 02:20 PM
Considering the money / national exposure / recruiting / budgets found at "traditional" powerhouses in football, not to mention surviving the absolute toughest conference in America, they would deserve whatever rewards they earned from winning it all. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Nobody has even come close to saying they don't "deserve whatever rewards they earned from winning it all". But their reward is not going to include me screaming "hotty toddy". Sorry to disappoint you and your bear friends. Are you female?

I seen it dawg
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM

Ok I can handle little dick syndrome (insert that's what she said here).. But I won't ever, ever,ever,ever,ever, never, ****ing ever, ever! understand this shit. You can take your no dick syndrome the **** somewhere else. You are that ****ing fan that we here abhor which means we ****ing hate you and you drag us down. You've got to be shitting me with this flappy vag ****ing attitude. Not up in here!

Dawgcentral
09-21-2015, 07:08 PM
wow

Here's what you don't seem to understand. OM graduates have been running this state before most of us were born. The sheer stomping they've done their best to implement has trampled dreams and aspirations of countless Mississipians.

There are now a few folks out there striving to overcome the stupidity from the past, but the efforts still fall short of what must be done to overcome the Plantation Mentality.

If you think they are just like us, family oriented folks, with hopes to inspire the less fortunate, and efforts toward that end, you are simply mistaken.

You have been deceived.

Coach34
09-21-2015, 07:10 PM
I'll put it plainly:

Anybody that at any point roots Northern Miss in anything is not someone I care to know, hang out with, or consider a true State fan

I seen it dawg
09-21-2015, 07:12 PM
We don't have to worry about him posting here anymore. I can't deal with that shit.

Jarius
09-21-2015, 07:33 PM
The only time it is ever ok to pull for them is if them winning helps us get to the sec title game because we need another team to lose....I can't imagine actually pulling for them to do well just because I don't hate them. This is college sports. Hating your rival is part of it

Dallas_Dawg
09-21-2015, 07:56 PM
I'll put it plainly:

Anybody that at any point roots Northern Miss in anything is not someone I care to know, hang out with, or consider a true State fan

Amen and Cheers. That's why I come here and not the other board

Brando
09-21-2015, 08:05 PM
I'll put it plainly:

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!! Perfectly said Coach!!

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 08:10 PM
The only time it is ever ok to pull for them is if them winning helps us get to the sec title game because we need another team to lose....I can't imagine actually pulling for them to do well just because I don't hate them. This is college sports. Hating your rival is part of it

THIS. I once sat in a hotel lobby full of them watching us and UT in the SEC championship game. They weren't pulling for us. They were very vocal about it.

Homedawg
09-21-2015, 08:30 PM

You have lost your ever loving mind!

Brando
09-21-2015, 08:31 PM
THIS. I once sat in a hotel lobby full of them watching us and UT in the SEC championship game. They weren't pulling for us. They were very vocal about it.

Hell, just look at last yr in the Egg Bowl. They swore up and down that the hit on Dak was legit and still think it was. They hate us plain and simple!! Even if we werew 6-6 and going to the Liberty Bowl and they were heading to the Nat Champ game, they would hope we loose the Liberty Bowl. In no way whatsoever, EVER, would they pull for us. Neither would I, in NO WAY WHATSOEVER, ever pull for them.

TrapGame
09-21-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh, I root for ole miss...

...I root for them to lose every m'fing game!