PDA

View Full Version : Two things impressed me last night

dotcomdawg
09-20-2015, 10:40 AM
1.) Ole Miss was not intimidated going into Bryant-Denny. They seemed to believe that they are as good or better than Bama and it helped them. Turns out that they are lucky, but probably better.

2.) They made tackles at the point of contact. There didn't seem to be many, if any, yards after contact for Bama.

We went into Tuscaloosa last year and were starstruck and intimidated until after halftime when it was too late to make a difference. Yesterday we let WAY TOO MANY players bounce off of our arm tackles to gain yards after contact. It was the worst I have seen for us since the Kentucky game last year.

It's good that we-- along with Auburn and Bama-- have only one SEC loss. But Ole Miss has a very favorable schedule moving forward. We are going to have to take the handcuffs off of Dak, start tackling better, and let the cream rise to the top in our running back stable if we hope to play the Egg Bowl for all of the marbles.

We have a tough row to hoe. Though at the beginning of the season I was most worried about Auburn and Arkansas. I had us beating LSU and losing to Auburn. We might be able to switch those two.

I have always felt that this is our year to beat Bama. Again, the schedule worked favorably for Ole Miss by catching Bama early in the year. They will obviously solve some problems by the time we play them, but I still think that we will win. I initially was worried that it would be hard to go to Arkansas the following week, it will still be a battle, but they aren't looking like last year's Hogs. Like Auburn, Missouri looks very beatable. A&M will be tough.

I felt very safe in an Egg Bowl win three weeks ago. Not so much this morning. There is a very strong possibility that they could be undefeated when they come to 'Vegas after Thanksgiving. Hopefully LSU and/or A&M will beat them in Oxford.

All of this is a moot point if we don't take the handcuffs off of the quarterback that led his offense to the fourth all-time most-productive offense in the SEC, allow the most productive running backs get the most playing time, and start tackling better at the point of contact.

Coach34
09-20-2015, 10:45 AM
I feel like we could beat Auburn- maybe lose to A&M- and then run the table from there. Obviously Bama and Northern Miss will be tough, but they are at home. Cant lose home games

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 10:50 AM
1.) Ole Miss was not intimidated going into Bryant-Denny. They seemed to believe that they are as good or better than Bama and it helped them. Turns out that they are lucky, but probably better.

2.) They made tackles at the point of contact. There didn't seem to be many, if any, yards after contact for Bama.

We went into Tuscaloosa last year and were starstruck and intimidated until after halftime when it was too late to make a difference. Yesterday we let WAY TOO MANY players bounce off of our arm tackles to gain yards after contact. It was the worst I have seen for us since the Kentucky game last year.

It's good that we-- along with Auburn and Bama-- have only one SEC loss. But Ole Miss has a very favorable schedule moving forward. We are going to have to take the handcuffs off of Dak, start tackling better, and let the cream rise to the top in our running back stable if we hope to play the Egg Bowl for all of the marbles.

We have a tough row to hoe. Though at the beginning of the season I was most worried about Auburn and Arkansas. I had us beating LSU and losing to Auburn. We might be able to switch those two.

I have always felt that this is our year to beat Bama. Again, the schedule worked favorably for Ole Miss by catching Bama early in the year. They will obviously solve some problems by the time we play them, but I still think that we will win. I initially was worried that it would be hard to go to Arkansas the following week, it will still be a battle, but they aren't looking like last year's Hogs. Like Auburn, Missouri looks very beatable. A&M will be tough.

I felt very safe in an Egg Bowl win three weeks ago. Not so much this morning. There is a very strong possibility that they could be undefeated when they come to 'Vegas after Thanksgiving. Hopefully LSU and/or A&M will beat them in Oxford.

All of this is a moot point if we don't take the handcuffs off of the quarterback that led his offense to the fourth all-time most-productive offense in the SEC, allow the most productive running backs get the most playing time, and start tackling better at the point of contact.

Difference is coaching. OM is much better coached than we are. Anybody that says differently is wearing maroon glasses. How many times did you see somebody in the secondary out of position?

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 10:58 AM
I feel like we could beat Auburn- maybe lose to A&M- and then run the table from there. Obviously Bama and Northern Miss will be tough, but they are at home. Cant lose home games

Coach, the odds of us beating either one of those are slim. Even at home. We aren't on the same level as those 2 and I'm done convincing myself that OM isn't that good and Kelly will **** up and get arrested. As miserable as it will be, if LSU doesn't beat them in Oxford they win the West. Thankfully I live in Baton Rouge and won't have to deal with the bullshit from those ****s. They were as lucky as they could have been last night but they were well prepared on both sides of the ball and they make plays when they need to. What happened when Bama cut it to 6? OM came back in 2 plays and scored a TD. That's what good teams do.