PDA

View Full Version : USA Today top 5 SEC QB's

TexasDawg
07-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Found this interesting, Bonner wrote the article and put Bo Wallace in the top 5 and left Russell out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2013/07/20/sec-top-five-quarterbacks-ranking/2571549/

FlabLoser
07-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Wallace is nowhere near the QB that Russell is. Damn Ole Miss wins 6 instead of the usual 2 or 3 and the media goes nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if Bonner was told to write that article.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Its doesn't matter fellas. All I ask is don't start praising these guys when they start writing nice things when we win. Make them pay for being dumb.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2013, 02:09 PM
He threw 17 INT's last year to only what, 22 TD's? My God, some of these media members should try doing a little research and spend less time riding the hot story. Apparently the Clarion Ledger is getting more Ole Miss traffic than MSU traffic. Nothing is based on facts in the news anymore, it's all about ratings and viewership.

We have a nation of Nancy Grace's in the media now.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2013, 02:35 PM
He threw 17 INT's last year to only what, 22 TD's? My God, some of these media members should try doing a little research and spend less time riding the hot story. Apparently the Clarion Ledger is getting more Ole Miss traffic than MSU traffic. Nothing is based on facts in the news anymore, it's all about ratings and viewership.

We have a nation of Nancy Grace's in the media now.

They get more Ole Miss traffic because they write many more pro-Ole Miss articles and cover them more. I personally don't like to read articles that are mis-informed and negative towards MSU.

I find it funny how Kellenberger and Talty report every rumor about OM recruits, but usually no one from the CL gives a heads up or reports rumors about MSU recruits that are just as highly rated as the ones they report about for OM. It ridiculous

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
They get more Ole Miss traffic because they write many more pro-Ole Miss articles and cover them more. I personally don't like to read articles that are mis-informed and negative towards MSU.

I find it funny how Kellenberger and Talty report every rumor about OM recruits, but usually no one from the CL gives a heads up or reports rumors about MSU recruits that are just as highly rated as the ones they report about for OM. It ridiculous
We cancelled our Clarion Ledger subscription. Got tired of their garbage.

The Croom Diaries
07-20-2013, 03:31 PM
So a guy who just moved to the southeast in April is ranking SEC quarterbacks? Ok, sure.

Wallace won the Connerly, that's about the extent of his knowledge.

Right now here's what we have in MS.

OL: MSU > OM

WR: OM > MSU

TE: MSU > OM

RB: MSU > OM

QB: MSU slightly > OM

DL: OM slightly > MSU

LB: OM slightly > MSU

DB: OM > MSU

But that's all subject to change. Looks pretty even right now. Wouldn't be surprised if we're both 6-5 going into the Egg Bowl. But things could, and probably will change dramatically.

Raytoraid83
07-20-2013, 03:35 PM
He was the 5th best qb according to espn too, it's not just bonner

Coach34
07-20-2013, 04:03 PM

That's because Freezus and crew leak all this to them so it's gets pub. Our staff doesn't do that and tries to keep everything as secret as possible. Just different approaches

Political Hack
07-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Murray
McCarron
Manziel
Russell
Shaw
Franklin
Driskell
Met
Wallace
Worley
everybody else....

Coach34
07-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Murray
McCarron
Manziel
Russell
Shaw
Franklin
Driskell
Met
Wallace
Worley
everybody else....

Honestly, if Wallace can cut down on his turnovers and stay healthy, he will have a better season than Russell. I dont think Wallace will stay healthy if they run their offense the same way. He got knocked out of a couple of games last year but did return, plus needed surgery postseason. I see more of the same headed his way

Political Hack
07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
his arm is halfway attached--and it's weak already, he does turn the ball over too much, and he gave up 10% of his reps last year to a Jr who has 1 TD pass... in his career.

You can't be good if you're hurt and turning the ball over.

maroonmania
07-21-2013, 07:46 AM
I definitely believe Russell is better, not significantly better, but better. The reason Wallace gets the love he gets (even with his INT problem) is the fact that he has a guy like Moncrief to throw to. I would say that Cooper from AL and Moncrief are the best 2 WRs in the league. Also, OM's WR corps as a whole gives Wallace the opportunity to hit the HR ball which we don't really have and added to that I do believe Wallace is more accurate on the deep pass than Russell. If you've watched Russell over his career you know that he is very accurate up to about 25-30 yards but after that not so much. I still get a sick feeling from the 2011 SC game we lost 14-12 in Starkville when Brandon Heavens got behind the coverage and should have had a TD but Russell overthrew him by 2 or 3 yards at the SC 10 yard line. If Russell would have made that throw we would have won that game.