PDA

View Full Version : I don't think ole miss is as good as they were last

cheewgumm
09-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Year.

Alabama scored 35 on them even though they turned it over 5 times. They could barely break double digits last year, when they had a waayyy better QB situation.

Last night actually gave me a lot of hope facing ole miss u.

They snuck by Bama and it took 5 turnovers, a ball bouncing off a defenders helmet and the TD where he ran past the LOS to do it.

Ole miss d has a lot of holes. I'm encouraged.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 10:22 AM
I think OM has taken a step back on defense, but a step forward on offense. I think we'll be able to pass on them this year

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Ole Miss won and its a W in the win column, so it doesn't matter how they did it.

However, I would defenitly agree that I've found it difficult to comprehend what I saw last night. For everything you think you know about Ole Miss and Bama, there is a "but" to counter it.

Overall, it was a sloppy, not well played game. Ole Miss won by playing clean and not turning the ball over.

Think what the score is if LSU gives us 5 turnovers.

Dallas_Dawg
09-20-2015, 10:44 AM
shit, the only real difference is that Kelly has a stronger arm than Bo and that is a big problem for us.
OM linebackers were consistently out of position, namely CJ Johnson. But Nkemdouche and their secondary are phenomenal

bulldawg28
09-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Lol...Guys be honest they're better and more mature than last year's team. Bo Wallace would have never beaten that team away.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Lol...Guys be honest they're better and more mature than last year's team. Bo Wallace would have never beaten that team away.

I agree. Everybody on here is trying to convince theirselves that OM isn't good, just lucky. Call a spade a freaking spade. They are the best team in the west with LSU close behind. Just ****ing accept it and be glad hunting season is in a couple weeks

DownwardDawg
09-20-2015, 11:10 AM
I think they are great. I also think Dak may have a career day against them.

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 11:19 AM
I agree. Everybody on here is trying to convince theirselves that OM isn't good, just lucky. Call a spade a freaking spade. They are the best team in the west with LSU close behind. Just ****ing accept it and be glad hunting season is in a couple weeks

Maybe they are, but we looked pretty unstoppable in the early season last year too before eventually losing 3 games.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 11:22 AM

I don't agree with you. I could counter by saying that Bama was infinitely better on offense last year, and, with normal luck, Bama could've won by 2 TDs last night.

I think how good OM is TBD.

We make way to many assumptions in single games.

MSU missed a FG, gets no breaks, loses to LSU, and we suck. OM gets every break imaginable and only wins by 6 against a Bama team who's offense is a shell of their former selves, and OM is awesome

Way to reactionary on single games that could've gone either way.

Personally, after watching everyone play 3 games, I believe both MSU and OM are really good and easily top 20 teams.

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Year.

Alabama scored 35 on them even though they turned it over 5 times. They could barely break double digits last year, when they had a waayyy better QB situation.

Last night actually gave me a lot of hope facing ole miss u.

They snuck by Bama and it took 5 turnovers, a ball bouncing off a defenders helmet and the TD where he ran past the LOS to do it.

Ole miss d has a lot of holes. I'm encouraged.

I just watched the bear/Bama game and Im not sure I agree. Their defense shut bama down in the first half and they were gassed in the second half.

I think the lesson is that we have to keep up tempo and tire them out because they were done by mid third quarter.

They are a good team, but so are we. We have to beat AU and get ready for a big game.

C222
09-20-2015, 11:38 AM
I don't think they are losing.

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Ole Miss is obviously good, but I think you all are forgetting just how difficult it is to go 12-0 in college football.

C222
09-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Ole Miss is obviously good, but I think you all are forgetting just how difficult it is to go 12-0 in college football.

That's true. They have a favorable schedule. LSU and A&M at home.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't think they are losing.

So your sold?

You saw enough last night to think they run the table?

I find it funny how the people that make grand statements never break anything down.

They are full of confidence and smarter than everyone else I guess.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't agree with you. I could counter by saying that Bama was infinitely better on offense last year, and, with normal luck, Bama could've won by 2 TDs last night.

I think how good OM is TBD.

We make way to many assumptions in single games.

MSU missed a FG, gets no breaks, loses to LSU, and we suck. OM gets every break imaginable and only wins by 6 against a Bama team who's offense is a shell of their former selves, and OM is awesome

Way to reactionary on single games that could've gone either way.

Personally, after watching everyone play 3 games, I believe both MSU and OM are really good and easily top 20 teams.

Listen Shotgun, I hope like hell you are right and I am wrong. I've already silenced 3 calls from OM buddies because I don't want to hear their shit. I'm just very impressed with how well they are coached are both sides and they have elite talent at several positions. I think we have potential to be Top 20 but we are not there yet

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 11:51 AM
I just watched the bear/Bama game and Im not sure I agree. Their defense shut bama down in the first half and they were gassed in the second half.

I think the lesson is that we have to keep up tempo and tire them out because they were done by mid third quarter.

They are a good team, but so are we. We have to beat AU and get ready for a big game.

I'm not sure I agree about shutting down Bama at the half other than they didn't break on a couple of drives. Played a good bit bend but don't break in the game. First drive 6 plays and force a turnover on downs, 10 plays Bama punts, 13 play FG, 16 play drive for TD and a 2 play interception. Bama ran 47 plays the first half and 55 the second. They did hold serve the first half but Bama moved the ball but they did well not breaking. Gave up a lot of yards but not points. A fluke play and illegal lineman play less for UNM and they don't have 300 yards of offense. But they did what they were suppose to on turnovers. Convert into points. Good job on that for sure.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Listen Shotgun, I hope like hell you are right and I am wrong. I've already silenced 3 calls from OM buddies because I don't want to hear their shit. I'm just very impressed with how well they are coached are both sides and they have elite talent at several positions. I think we have potential to be Top 20 but we are not there yet

What do you think LSU is?

smootness
09-20-2015, 11:56 AM
I actually thought both teams looked vulnerable last night. OM got the benefit of a couple of crazy plays and just incredibly sloppy play for an Alabama team.

Yes, they did have something to do with that. They are a very good team, there's no doubt. But I like our chances against both at home. If we had found a way to win last week, I would love where we're sitting right now. Even still, I think there's a chance for us to make some noise and a run at the West title.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 12:01 PM

Would you still believe this if they only get 2 turnovers last night and either of miracle or illegal play doesn't score and they lose by 10 points?

Not saying your wrong, but many times we focus on only the result and not the process by which the result happened and if that's sustainable.

Again, if you think Ole Miss is still a great team if they lose by 10 last night, then that's a sound argument. If not, your just focusing on the result, which many times is influenced by external variables that have little to do with how good a team is.

MabenMaroon
09-20-2015, 12:31 PM
For a good portion of the off season as well as the past two weeks, I had heard or read about how good Towles and the Kentucky passing game was. Yesterday the Florida Gators ( w/co-dc coordinator Collins ) completely shut that passing game down and that game was played at Lexington. TSUN plays at Gainesville in a few weeks. Florida is still stocked with elite athletes and Coach McIlvane (sp?) is instilling discipline. Coach Mc has learned from one of the best in the business and will have the Gators prepped to give the SharkBears a very tough game. If MGK comes through that game looking as well as he has so far, I will give him and the SharkBears all the credit in the world as being an elite SEC team. But last night's performance only showed he was lucky and fortunate that his mistakes turned into miracles in some cases and didn't become devastating in other cases. Looking ahead is difficult and dangerous but to say that UNM has an easy path into November is not what I saw last night. They will have to be on their "A" game to survive TAMU, UF and yes! even Memphis, then November comes with LSU and us. So let us not go crowning them elites and the champs just yet.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Ole Miss won and its a W in the win column, so it doesn't matter how they did it.

However, I would defenitly agree that I've found it difficult to comprehend what I saw last night. For everything you think you know about Ole Miss and Bama, there is a "but" to counter it.

Overall, it was a sloppy, not well played game. Ole Miss won by playing clean and not turning the ball over.

Think what the score is if LSU gives us 5 turnovers.

It was a little closer but it reminded me of our game with Auburn last year.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Stolen from bulldogg31 on sps...

It's week 3.
Last year in week #3 Ohio State was 2-1 with a loss to Virginia Tech.

Auburn had just beaten Kansas State on the road and were 3-0, ranked #5.

Oklahoma had just beaten Tennessee and were 3-0, ranked #4.

We were unranked, having just given up tons of yards to three directional schools, with a trip to LSU looming.

We know how that worked out. It's early, we still don't know how this all ends. It'll be fun to watch.

There is a long way to go

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 12:44 PM
Their offense is prolific and may average 50+ this season. we're talking playstation numbers here.

Their defense has some major question marks. Conditioning? Heart? Discipline?

RougeDawg
09-20-2015, 12:49 PM
OM won't be +5 in the turnover ratio every week. They were +5 and spotted 24 points and could have lost. That doesn't necessarily scream "GREAT TEAM" to me. I'm not sure what any of the rest of you saw last night, but I saw an extremely lucky, opportunistic team that relies on other team's mistakes and fluke plays to win against stiff competition. They were gifted 24, scored 2 TD's on fluke long plays (one should have been a sack, was heaved up, and should have been picked, off a DB's helmet into a WR hands, and the other a few linemen were 5+ yards downfield at time of ball release). They scored a total of 3 actual points off of normal sustained drive. Some of you miss the forest for the trees. They will not be this lucky all season and will lose 2-3 games. Their offense is predictible and will be stopped by LSU and us. Hell we had them stopped last year, if it weren't for all of the fluke plays, in particular the Walton "Tecmo Bowl" type run where we had him himmed up for a 10+ yard loss.

Pump the f***ing brakes. They were +5 in the turnover battle and barely won. 3 Tunovers of which gave them extremely short field position. they had 17 points on 96 yards in the first half. None of this screams "NATIONAL CHAMPS" to me. It screams another boneheaded gameplan from Saban (not starting Coker) and Bama turning the ball over unconventionally.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Would you still believe this if they only get 2 turnovers last night and either of miracle or illegal play doesn't score and they lose by 10 points?

Not saying your wrong, but many times we focus on only the result and not the process by which the result happened and if that's sustainable.

Again, if you think Ole Miss is still a great team if they lose by 10 last night, then that's a sound argument. If not, your just focusing on the result, which many times is influenced by external variables that have little to do with how good a team is.

I guess I'm focusing more on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively they were helped by a short field and if you get pressure on MGK he will just throw it up. But defensively, they may be the best in the country. Until they got gassed and Henry was able to run it they shut them down. Yes I know, Bama's QB play was horrible but aside from the linebackers a few times they were constantly in the right position and they are fast. If it weren't for the turnovers Bama probably would have beat them but the people saying OM isn't one of the best teams right now are lying to theirselves

msstate7
09-20-2015, 12:55 PM
I guess I'm focusing more on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively they were helped by a short field and if you get pressure on MGK he will just throw it up. But defensively, they may be the best in the country. Until they got gassed and Henry was able to run it they shut them down. Yes I know, Bama's QB play was horrible but aside from the linebackers a few times they were constantly in the right position and they are fast. If it weren't for the turnovers Bama probably would have beat them but the people saying OM isn't one of the best teams right now are lying to theirselves

Lsu will be a better defense than OM when they get Jalen mills back. They may be better right now.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Lsu will be a better defense than OM when they get Jalen mills back. They may be better right now.

LSU's d-line is no where near OM's or Bama's. Otherwise I would agree with you

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:16 PM
LSU's d-line is no where near OM's or Bama's. Otherwise I would agree with you

Lsu rush defense -- 101.5 yards/game (3rd in sec)

OM rush defense -- 164.7 yards/game (10th sec)

Sacks...

Lsu -- 8 (tied for 3rd in sec)

OM -- 3 (13th in sec)

Lsu has faced 2 sec teams. OM has faced 1 sec team and 2 nobodies

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Lsu rush defense -- 101.5 yards/game (3rd in sec)

OM rush defense -- 164.7 yards/game (10th sec)

Lsu has faced 2 sec teams. OM has faced 1 sec team and 2 nobodies

Well they also faced shumpert and a non-running Dak do I don't really count that one. Nonetheless I didn't know LSUs run defense was that good as far as numbers.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Well they also faced shumpert and a non-running Dak do I don't really count that one. Nonetheless I didn't know LSUs run defense was that good as far as numbers.

Above I edited to add sacks.

Total defense...
Lsu -- 5th in sec
OM -- 10th in sec

OM isn't gonna be the same defense as last year IMO

C222
09-20-2015, 01:23 PM
So your sold?

You saw enough last night to think they run the table?

I find it funny how the people that make grand statements never break anything down.

They are full of confidence and smarter than everyone else I guess.

Would you like me to re-watch their game and put an 8 paragraph scouting report post like you?

Name another team you have seen that looks better? LSU? Guess what, they play in Oxford.

Bama has one of the best defenses in the country and they put 43 on them at their house.

Name someone on their schedule that can beat them.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:28 PM
Would you like me to re-watch their game and put an 8 paragraph scouting report post like you?

Name another team you have seen that looks better? LSU? Guess what, they play in Oxford.

Bama has one of the best defenses in the country and they put 43 on them at their house.

Nick Saban has been undefeated 1 time. Urban Meyer has never gone undefeated. You're seriously declaring OM undefeated Sec champs after 3 weeks? Smh...

C222
09-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Nick Saban has been undefeated 1 time. Urban Meyer has never gone undefeated. You're seriously declaring OM undefeated Sec champs after 3 weeks? Smh...

OM and LSU are the two best teams in the west. They have LSU at home. Name another team you have seen that looks better after 3 weeks.

And Saban has only lost like twice at home to the eventual National Champ.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Above I edited to add sacks.

Total defense...
Lsu -- 5th in sec
OM -- 10th in sec

OM isn't gonna be the same defense as last year IMO

Thanks for putting those numbers up I didn't realize there was that much of a gap. I hope I'm just overreacting. But one comfort is knowing that OM can't get that lucky every game so their offense is gonna have to drive the field some and not
Get the ball on the opponents 30 half their ****ing possessions

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 01:35 PM
OM and LSU are the two best teams in the west. They have LSU at home. Name another team you have seen that looks better after 3 weeks.

True but when has a Saban team ever looked that sloppy. Not to mention the putrid QB play. There's a first for everything and that was not a typical Saban team

C222
09-20-2015, 01:37 PM
True but when has a Saban team ever looked that sloppy. Not to mention the putrid QB play. There's a first for everything and that was not a typical Saban team

I agree. OM got some breaks but they are a damn good team.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:40 PM

Only home loss bama has last 7 years to eventual champion is auburn '10.

Lsu '11 lost rematch

aTm '12 didn't make championship

OM '15 TBD

Would you say this bama team is on par with '10, '11, '12?

In '10, Bama gave up a season high 35 on the road at usce

In '11, bama gave up a season high 21 points at home to Georgia southern.

In '12, bama gave up a season high 29 in a home loss to aTm.

I don't think this bama team could touch those

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:43 PM
I agree. OM got some breaks but they are a damn good team.

I'm not disputing that at all. OM is good, but they can be beat. I even think we have a good shot at them.

C222
09-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Only home loss bama has last 7 years to eventual champion is auburn '10.

Lsu '11 lost rematch

aTm '12 didn't make championship

OM '15 TBD

Would you say this bama team is on par with '10, '11, '12?

In '10, Bama gave up a season high 35 on the road at usce

In '11, bama gave up a season high 21 points at home to Georgia southern.

In '12, bama gave up a season high 29 in a home loss to aTm.

I don't think this bama team could touch those

Still waiting on you to tell me a team on their schedule that will beat them or a team in the country that has looked better than them.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Still waiting on you to tell me a team on their schedule that will beat them or a team in the country that has looked better than them.

Its week 3, I don't know yet. It's way early. Last year week 3 we weren't ranked, auburn was #5, and Oklahoma was #4, Ohio state was 2-1 with a loss to VT. I'm not sure if you've watched college football a long time, but things change fast

MabenMaroon
09-20-2015, 02:31 PM

Johnny Football and the Aggies beat them at BDS a few years ago, I wasn't aware that TAMU was NC that year.

corona con lima
09-20-2015, 03:07 PM

MSU

RIdog
09-20-2015, 03:29 PM
It's a long season - they may have been a playoff team last October but injuries decimated them . IF (big IF) they stay healthy they have the inside track to the west .

msstate7
09-20-2015, 03:35 PM
It's a long season - they may have been a playoff team last October but injuries decimated them . IF (big IF) they stay healthy they have the inside track to the west .

Now that I agree with. Declaring OM undefeated sec champs in September, I don't agree with.

BeardoMSU
09-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Now that I agree with. Declaring OM undefeated sec champs in September, I don't agree with.

And that's a rational feeling to have. Many peeps on here just can't take it emotionally/physically/etc. that OM may actually be a damn good team and have a damn good shot, and are trying to "spin it" anyway they can to help alleviate that insecurity.

Here's a dose of reality on the situation we find ourselves in, on September 20th, Anno Domini:

OM is legit. They are a very good/dangerous team. They manned up, went into Bryant-Danny, and got the win; 5 to's or not. That was a huge win. There is no spin necessary. Spinning shit won't help change the way things are. Does that mean OM is invincible? Hell no! It's ****ing September. They still have to win the rest of the games on their schedule, as do we. We'll have our chance November 28th. There is absolutely no reason to go into DEFCON 5; that's why we play the games.

bulldawg28
09-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Their offense is prolific and may average 50+ this season. we're talking playstation numbers here.

It was the 1st game that they had to play an entire game. They've been done at halftime. Bama still couldn't utilize that our it would have been a 21 point or more beat down. Bama only won the conditioning war yesterday.

Percho
09-20-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure I agree about shutting down Bama at the half other than they didn't break on a couple of drives. Played a good bit bend but don't break in the game. First drive 6 plays and force a turnover on downs, 10 plays Bama punts, 13 play FG, 16 play drive for TD and a 2 play interception. Bama ran 47 plays the first half and 55 the second. They did hold serve the first half but Bama moved the ball but they did well not breaking. Gave up a lot of yards but not points. A fluke play and illegal lineman play less for UNM and they don't have 300 yards of offense. But they did what they were suppose to on turnovers. Convert into points. Good job on that for sure.

I think Bama had 214 yards in first half and OM had 96.

IMissJack
09-20-2015, 04:09 PM
MSU

We need to change some things quick then, and Dan needs to call a different gameplan than the last few times we played highly ranked opponents.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 04:11 PM
It was the 1st game that they had to play an entire game. They've been done at halftime. Bama still couldn't utilize that our it would have been a 21 point or more beat down. Bama only won the conditioning war yesterday.

And if not for a fluke play, unforced fumble on kickoff, and a missed lineman down field call, OM loses.

Bama wearing OM down was by design, not luck

scottycameron
09-20-2015, 04:22 PM
that game was one of the weirdest ZI've ever seen. Remember it could have been a complete blowout by OM if they don't drop that INT right in their hands, and the weird onside kick and tip that stayed in bounds to keep the game alive. That game was all over the map. Seemed like it lasted about 6 hours too.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 04:35 PM
I think Bama had 214 yards in first half and OM had 96.

Yeah. Something like that. 214 yards with two less possessions than they should have had because of kickoff return fumbles as well.

Pokechop Womack
09-20-2015, 09:56 PM
I don't know why are even talking about this... they went to Bryant-Denny and won... good for them... I am worried about the Mississippi State Bulldogs and how we are going to bury the Auburn Tigers at Jordan-Hare this weekend... Some of y'all just need to give them props and worry about what really matters..

bulldawg28
09-21-2015, 06:34 AM
And if not for a fluke play, unforced fumble on kickoff, and a missed lineman down field call, OM loses.

Bama wearing OM down was by design, not luck

That's true. How often do teams with depth wear down as the season goes on?...very little because conditioning kicks in. Those turnovers happened because Ole Miss was more physical than Bama at the point of attack. They were given 1 fluke play that still a 50/50 chance that they happened to win.

FootLongDawg
09-21-2015, 08:57 AM
I see Ole Miss going 10-2 or 11-1. Toughest road game is Auburn and they haven't shown anything yet. UF may be hard on the road but I don't think so The rest of the tough schedule, they have at home.

Well that leaves the Egg Bowl. Proven in history, throw out the record book. Just glad they play in our house this year.

You can crucify, ridicule, and/or harass me all you want. I'm only just trying to be real.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2015, 09:01 AM
QB is the difference this year. Kelly seems not to get rattled...the opposite of Bo. They are better this year on both sides of the ball. Kimdichee has finally earning his worth and the offense has more weapons. The weak link on offense is still the running game but in their offense, the running game IS the short passing game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2015, 09:08 AM
this is a good point. I would equate this to us beating LSU in Death Valley last year..LSU had a QB issue last year as well. The #2 beside Bama was not accurate and when it all shakes out we will see that this win wasn't as great as they thought. With that being said. Things are setting up better for OM than us last year. They get LSU, Texas A&M at home.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2015, 09:09 AM
I see Ole Miss going 10-2 or 11-1. Toughest road game is Auburn and they haven't shown anything yet. UF may be hard on the road but I don't think so The rest of the tough schedule, they have at home.

Well that leaves the Egg Bowl. Proven in history, throw out the record book. Just glad they play in our house this year.

You can crucify, ridicule, and/or harass me all you want. I'm only just trying to be real.

They could easily being undefeated going into the LSU game, very easily. They could stumble against A&M, Auby, or Florida, but I think it will come down to LSU or State to knock them off their pedestal.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2015, 09:09 AM
Offensively they are better. Their defense isn't as strong. It's a wash.

Really Clark?
09-21-2015, 09:11 AM
QB is the difference this year. Kelly seems not to get rattled...the opposite of Bo. They are better this year on both sides of the ball. Kimdichee has finally earning his worth and the offense has more weapons. The weak link on offense is still the running game but in their offense, the running game IS the short passing game.

It's funny but even the commentators talked about him not getting rattled. He did make two bad decisions with pressure. One was a dropped Int and the other was the bounce around TD. So I think you can rattle him some but Bama didn't convert. He delivered several nice balls as well under pressure.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2015, 09:26 AM
He delivered several nice balls as well under pressure.

Yup. As much as people want to say to the contrary, Kelly is a legit QB and gives them a serious chance at winning the west; way more so than Bo ever thought about giving them.

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 09:32 AM
They could easily being undefeated going into the LSU game, very easily. They could stumble against A&M, Auby, or Florida, but I think it will come down to LSU or State to knock them off their pedestal.

I agree. If Fournette is healthy he will give them fits. I think we can score on Ole Miss but we need to improve on defense to be able to stop them.

thf24
09-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Yup. As much as people want to say to the contrary, Kelly is a legit QB and gives them a serious chance at winning the west; way more so than Bo ever thought about giving them.

I agree that he gives them a higher ceiling than Bo, but I still think he might have issues as the season wears on. No matter what his listed height says, he can't be more than 5'10"-5'11", and he's going to continue to have balls batted down/up as he did against Bama. Also, he made 3-4 horrible decisions on throws Saturday night, and either didn't suffer or benefited from all of them. They'd better hope their luck holds if he continues doing that.

BeardoMSU
09-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Also, he made 3-4 horrible decisions on throws Saturday night, and either didn't suffer or benefited from all of them. They'd better hope their luck holds if he continues doing that.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how he responds to a throwing a few picks. Some of those passes against Bama should have been picks, but they weren't; He's not always gonna make the game look that easy.

DawgPoundtheRock
09-21-2015, 10:05 AM
I will be very surprised if an SECW team goes undefeated in the conference. Call the ole miss victory over bama luck, turnovers or whatever, it is a huge win against a team that most of their opponents will pencil in a L in the preseason. Bama is a huge hurdle on everybody's schedule, and ole miss has cleared that hurdle. As of today that puts them in a very good position as every other west team has yet to clear that same hurdle.

This is what makes it fun. I still think that every SECW team has a legitimate shot of going to Atlanta (well maybe not Arkansas).

ETA: or Auburn

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2015, 10:33 AM

They won't get to 25 against Florida. Book it. Altough that will be enough to win. 24-12

msstate7
09-21-2015, 11:08 AM
They won't get to 25 against Florida. Book it. Altough that will be enough to win. 24-12

They won't score 50 on any sec defense IMO

bulldawg28
09-21-2015, 11:18 AM

25????

Dawg Corps
09-21-2015, 11:20 AM
6 fg's and a TD. Duh. Everyone know's they've built their offense around field goals.*

LC Dawg
09-21-2015, 11:23 AM
One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is that Ole Miss could be getting back a 1st round left tackle which will help Kelly. I don't know how much influence the new SEC commissioner has but Slive used to help out who he thought were title contenders and I'd guess that the SEC office considers Ole Miss contenders right now.

msstate7
09-21-2015, 11:37 AM
25????

No idea what om scores on Florida, but the gators can play some defense. I think they're gonna be every bit as good as om's last year, but better against the run. If Florida can find some offense, watch out

C222
09-21-2015, 11:49 AM

Does this include Vandy?

BeardoMSU
09-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Does this include Vandy?

They are going to skull-drag Vandy. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped 60 on them.

msstate7
09-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Does this include Vandy?

Yes. Vandy held Georgia to 31. They're 5th in scoring defense in the conference.

Om 38-3

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-21-2015, 12:35 PM
25????.

TrapGame
09-21-2015, 12:45 PM
Talked to an om guy today worried about Florida. He said most of his ilk think they will coast to the SECCG and the Natty but he's thinking Florida, LSU and even us will put a damper on all that talk.

dawg4life15
09-21-2015, 01:08 PM
TSUN @ Memphis could be a trap for the bears.

RIdog
09-21-2015, 02:18 PM

Vandy qualify as an SEC defense ? :cool: