PDA

View Full Version : Dak comments

Coach007
09-20-2015, 09:22 AM
He was asked about the play of the back ups.... his response was something like... "I'm just glad I got here before they did".

Just saying, we are going to be better next year.

Dawgfan77
09-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Nicky Fitz is a leader and a good runner,but Staley is an elite ELITE athlete. Left handed Cam.

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 09:48 AM
We're extremely lucky to have both of those guys.

MabenMaroon
09-20-2015, 09:56 AM
And Tiano may be better than them both on down the road.

smootness
09-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Just saying, we are going to be better next year.

Holy crap, no.

Now, am I excited to see what we look like next year? Yes. We have a lot of good young talent that will have a chance to play, and we will see some really good things happen. But we're also likely going to be inconsistent, and we'll see some really sloppy play, too.

We're likely to lose Dak, Wilson, 2 OL, and possibly another WR on offense; and Chris Jones, Redmond, Ryan Brown, and possibly Nick James on defense. We're not going to be better next year. I do think we can remain competitive, though.

I seen it dawg
09-20-2015, 12:27 PM
2 yrs

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Next year will be a big drop off.

Coach34
09-20-2015, 12:46 PM
Yeah- 2016 going to be a battle to stay out of the cellar. 2017 will be the next good year

Dawgfan77
09-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Not sold james is leaving. Adding Durr at Db and the JUCO dl along with the young guys we have I' think we could be deeper on both lines next year and in secondary

smootness
09-20-2015, 12:50 PM
2 yrs

That, I can buy:

QB - Staley/Fitz as juniors
RB - Shump (Sr)/ Williams (Jr)/ Lee (Jr)/ Kylin Hill? Cam Akers?/ Gibson
WR - Donald Gray (if he doesn't leave after next year)/ AJ Brown/ Jesse Jackson/ Deddrick Thomas
Slot - Myles/ Dear/Mixon
TE - Justin Johnson
OL - Rankin/ Lashley/ Calhoun/ Cochran/ Jenkins

DE - Joseph/ Mullins/ Simmons?/ Grant Harris
DT - Cory Thomas/ Fletcher Adams/ Kobe Jones/ Hoyett
LB - Gerri Green/ Leo Lewis/ JT Gray/ Washington/ Dez Harris
CB - Graham/ Rayford/ Stamps/ Smitherman/ Knott?
S - Peters/ McLaurin/ Bryant

That has the makings of a pretty beastly team.

smootness
09-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Not sold james is leaving. Adding Durr at Db and the JUCO dl along with the young guys we have I' think we could be deeper on both lines next year and in secondary

I'm not sold on him leaving, but it's a distinct possibility. If he does leave, we will start something like Cory Thomas and Nelson Adams at DT with Fletcher Adams, Hoyett, and Kendell Jones as the backups. That's not awful, but I'm not sure that's deeper than what we have this year.

And we will lose Redmond and Calhoun. Yes, we could and probably should be better at safety...but I'm not sure what we'll look like at CB.

Taco
09-20-2015, 12:54 PM
We may need to think about going to a 3-4 next year. Nick James at the Nose.

Dawgfan77
09-20-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm not sold on him leaving, but it's a distinct possibility. If he does leave, we will start something like Cory Thomas and Nelson Adams at DT with Fletcher Adams, Hoyett, and Kendell Jones as the backups. That's not awful, but I'm not sure that's deeper than what we have this year.

And we will lose Redmond and Calhoun. Yes, we could and probably should be better at safety...but I'm not sure what we'll look like at CB.
Durr maybe the best corner in JUCO this year. I think smokey has tremendous potential along with smitherman gives us some depth there next year. On DL we bring in JUCO trey brown and we reshirted a ton this year Mullins and Joseph. Could add Simmons as well

Coach34
09-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Not sold james is leaving.

If his draft report comes back with him being drafted in any round- he is gone

Coach007
09-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Who wants to book mark me on it. ???? I will eat my crow yo!

Coach007
09-20-2015, 01:37 PM
For the record... some of you are contridicting yourselves. We should be playing g all these younger guys because they are ready and better, but then we have a drop off?

smootness
09-20-2015, 01:44 PM
For the record... some of you are contridicting yourselves. We should be playing g all these younger guys because they are ready and better, but then we have a drop off?

I assume you're not talking about me because I haven't been calling for the young guys to start playing more. I think what we saw yesterday was a product of really talented young guys playing Northwestern State. While cause for excitement about the future, it also shouldn't be used to judge what those guys would do against an SEC school.

smootness
09-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Durr maybe the best corner in JUCO this year. I think smokey has tremendous potential along with smitherman gives us some depth there next year. On DL we bring in JUCO trey brown and we reshirted a ton this year Mullins and Joseph. Could add Simmons as well

I like all the corners you listed...but again, we lose Redmond and Calhoun. There's no way we'll be better at CB next year. You can say 'deeper,' but I'm not sure that's the case, either. If Smitherman playing vs. redshirting made a meaningful difference in the overall quality of our CBs, there's no way he would be redshirting right now.

And yes, we will have Mullins and Joseph and possibly Simmons playing. But I'm sorry, I don't think those guys are going to replace Chris Jones, Ryan Brown, and Nick James. Tre Brown is fine, but I don't see him being a difference-maker.

Coach007
09-20-2015, 01:59 PM
I think/believe CDM has his complete system in place to keep msu humming along. By system, I mean player development and rs. We have a lot of people scratching their heads on some of these that are redshirting now. Leo Lewis, Molton...etc

I think he has his finger on the positions and knows what we are going to need and places those pieces in the system.

If our talent in waiting is better, and the development system is in place, we are creating massive talent to take over next yeat.

Coach007
09-20-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm willing to say we will be far better on offense next year.

smootness
09-20-2015, 02:09 PM

This is just insane.

Moton isn't on the team, btw.

I do think our young talent is better than our older talent on the whole. But that young talent is going to need some time. They're not going to step right in and take over. And there are a couple positions where we won't be as talented, either...mainly DT and CB.

defiantdog
09-20-2015, 02:35 PM
That, I can buy:

QB - Staley/Fitz as juniors
RB - Shump (Sr)/ Williams (Jr)/ Lee (Jr)/ Kylin Hill? Cam Akers?/ Gibson
WR - Donald Gray (if he doesn't leave after next year)/ AJ Brown/ Jesse Jackson/ Deddrick Thomas
Slot - Myles/ Dear/Mixon
TE - Justin Johnson
OL - Rankin/ Lashley/ Calhoun/ Cochran/ Jenkins

DE - Joseph/ Mullins/ Simmons?/ Grant Harris
DT - Cory Thomas/ Fletcher Adams/ Kobe Jones/ Hoyett
LB - Gerri Green/ Leo Lewis/ JT Gray/ Washington/ Dez Harris
CB - Graham/ Rayford/ Stamps/ Smitherman/ Knott?
S - Peters/ McLaurin/ Bryant

That has the makings of a pretty beastly team.

I want those lb's with B. Brown and those safeties playing now.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 02:40 PM

Those safeties are not ready now against Northwestern State. What makes them ready for the SEC? They are a year away. If we are lucky may be they are ready at the end of the year for some time.

smootness
09-20-2015, 03:33 PM

No, you really don't.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Those safeties are not ready now against Northwestern State. What makes them ready for the SEC? They are a year away. If we are lucky may be they are ready at the end of the year for some time.

Safety is a HUGE weakness for us. The BEST thing to do is to play Peters, McLaurin, Bryant and mix them with Coman and Market. It's not like Coman and Market aren't making mistakes out there and it's not like Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin aren't performing at all when they are out there. Why does it have to be rigid first string/second string with Dan?

Are the freshmen going to make some mistakes? Sure. But they will make some plays as well- and it will benefit them and us going forward. If you pick any combination of two of our freshmen safeties, they had just as many tackles as Coman and Market COMBINED. And Coman led the team in tackles yesterday (thanks Richie!). I LOVE how our freshmen have to be perfect- but the starters get a pass for screwing up repeatedly.

At least by mixing guys up we aren't having all youth or having practice all-stars with poor instincts or coming off of a devastating leg injury out there.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Safety is a HUGE weakness for us. The BEST thing to do is to play Peters, McLaurin, Bryant and mix them with Coman and Market. It's not like Coman and Market aren't making mistakes out there and it's not like Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin aren't performing at all when they are out there. Why does it have to be rigid first string/second string with Dan?

Are the freshmen going to make some mistakes? Sure. But they will make some plays as well- and it will benefit them and us going forward. If you pick any combination of two of our freshmen safeties, they had just as many tackles as Coman and Market COMBINED. And Coman led the team in tackles yesterday (thanks Richie!). I LOVE how our freshmen have to be perfect- but the starters get a pass for screwing up repeatedly.

At least by mixing guys up we aren't having all youth or having practice all-stars with poor instincts or coming off of a devastating leg injury out there.

Todd I love your consistantcy and I know you are going to keep harping on and on about Dan playing certain players. But you are dead wrong about the freshman safety's right now. They are not ready to hardly play a complete series last Sat. What do you think will happen against SEC speed and athletes? It's not just one or two mistakes in a game we are talking about. Peters made some nice plays at the line of scrimmage. Good for him and he showed his speed and ability. But they are not ready in coverage or to be able to make calls. Even if it was Calhoun or Redmond in coverage on that play that Smokey was pointing at McLaurin on. In the SEC that's 7 and it's not even a difficult coverage scheme we were using and it was a pretty simple offensive design if I remember correctly. They have the ability that when they know what to do and react they will be good and it may be in a month they are ready. Once things start clicking it can compress really fast. But not right now. This is not a playing older guys over younger talent issue. Last Sat showed they are not ready for even 2nd team play. Unless you have something very specific that they can do and do consistantly.

confucius say
09-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Peters needs to play more now. He was all over the field. No blown coverages. Find a way to simplify it for him, because he is always around the ball. Kid makes plays, bottom line.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Peters needs to play more now. He was all over the field. No blown coverages. Find a way to simplify it for him, because he is always around the ball. Kid makes plays, bottom line.

He can't play up all the time. You see his TFL and sack. Great job but if that's all he can do, he is a liability as a safety. Wrong calls from his position as well I believe and what coverage did you see him in? How many different coverages? Sure lets simplify the defensive coverages with Auburn and A & M the next two games. Make it easier to get him the field, maybe. But to what end? Just so he is on the field? His ability won't do much good when we are in few coverages for Sumilin to work over for an entire game. And that's if he plays a perfect game and doesn't miss any calls and if someone else makes all of the secondary calls. Which is also different because each safety is suppose to call their side of the field. Not that big of deal really but just one more change so we can play him. They are not ready people. Great talents but are not ready.

Spiderman
09-20-2015, 08:05 PM

That sounds like dumbass Ole Miss fans saying there would be no drop off after Eli left because of Spurlock.

Dak type players don't come through here often.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Todd I love your consistantcy and I know you are going to keep harping on and on about Dan playing certain players. But you are dead wrong about the freshman safety's right now. They are not ready to hardly play a complete series last Sat. What do you think will happen against SEC speed and athletes? It's not just one or two mistakes in a game we are talking about. Peters made some nice plays at the line of scrimmage. Good for him and he showed his speed and ability. But they are not ready in coverage or to be able to make calls. Even if it was Calhoun or Redmond in coverage on that play that Smokey was pointing at McLaurin on. In the SEC that's 7 and it's not even a difficult coverage scheme we were using and it was a pretty simple offensive design if I remember correctly. They have the ability that when they know what to do and react they will be good and it may be in a month they are ready. Once things start clicking it can compress really fast. But not right now. This is not a playing older guys over younger talent issue. Last Sat showed they are not ready for even 2nd team play. Unless you have something very specific that they can do and do consistantly.

You could make a strong argument that Coman and Market aren't SEC ready either based on their missed tackles and being out of position themselves.

Don't be Dan Mullen concrete. That's why I said play BOTH Coman and Peters at the same time. Coman knows the plays (allegedly) and Peters has the athleticism to make plays- and actually HAS made plays when given the rare opportunity. It doesn't have to be Coman and Market or Peters and Bryant/McLaurin.

Just like Shumpert and Lee- I don't think Shumpert shouldn't play. But I do think that Lee should play and be used more than he has.

But let's continue to demand perfection from the freshmen while at the same time giving the upperclassmen a complete pass for mistakes. Despite the fact that the freshmen continue to make plays and despite the fact that the SEC is run heavy this year given the struggles of Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, Mizzou and most other on our schedule other than Ole Miss and Texas A&M- making for the PERFECT time to play freshmen safeties moreso than any other time in years.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 09:36 PM
He can't play up all the time. You see his TFL and sack. Great job but if that's all he can do, he is a liability as a safety. Wrong calls from his position as well I believe and what coverage did you see him in? How many different coverages? Sure lets simplify the defensive coverages with Auburn and A & M the next two games. Make it easier to get him the field, maybe. But to what end? Just so he is on the field? His ability won't do much good when we are in few coverages for Sumilin to work over for an entire game. And that's if he plays a perfect game and doesn't miss any calls and if someone else makes all of the secondary calls. Which is also different because each safety is suppose to call their side of the field. Not that big of deal really but just one more change so we can play him. They are not ready people. Great talents but are not ready.

How many different coverages do we run? I know Peters isn't a rocket scientist but damn. If simplifying what we do makes us better as a team, then by all means YES we should do it. Ole Miss literally runs every play to the TE side- and they're doing OK right now.

If Coman has to call of the plays- so what?

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 09:49 PM
You could make a strong argument that Coman and Market aren't SEC ready either based on their missed tackles and being out of position themselves.

Don't be Dan Mullen concrete. That's why I said play BOTH Coman and Peters at the same time. Coman knows the plays (allegedly) and Peters has the athleticism to make plays- and actually HAS made plays when given the rare opportunity. It doesn't have to be Coman and Market or Peters and Bryant/McLaurin.

Just like Shumpert and Lee- I don't think Shumpert shouldn't play. But I do think that Lee should play and be used more than he has.

But let's continue to demand perfection from the freshmen while at the same time giving the upperclassmen a complete pass for mistakes. Despite the fact that the freshmen continue to make plays and despite the fact that the SEC is run heavy this year given the struggles of Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, Mizzou and most other on our schedule other than Ole Miss and Texas A&M- making for the PERFECT time to play freshmen safeties moreso than any other time in years.

Look we are not going to agree. They are not ready. Even C34, who is a big proponent of Mullen playing more of our younger guys right now see's it. He is with you mostly but they are not ready and he is saying the same thing. Not demanding perfection at all. Just don't limit what we can call defensively and from the safety position. Heck the number of all world 5 star safety's from complex high schools that actually start from day one is probably less than 30%. Which means only a few a year at these big programs you keep talking about playing freshman. It's very few at the safety position from day one. LSU needed safety help last year and Allen didn't get heavily involved until what? 6-7 games in. And another thing what have our safety's given up this year in big plays? Yeah yeah I know competition level. Of which the freshman screwed up much bigger than anything Coman and Market have this year. But at least we have kept it in check so far. We are at 100 yards less per game this year compared to last so far. I don't expect it stays that way but for other than injuries, God forbid, they both are not out there heavily against Auburn or A & M unless they make big steps. May be they will and they show out. I think it's only a matter of time. Just not sure that it's not really next year or late this before that point. Which is very much par for the course for most highly rated safety's across the country.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 10:01 PM
How many different coverages do we run? I know Peters isn't a rocket scientist but damn. If simplifying what we do makes us better as a team, then by all means YES we should do it. Ole Miss literally runs every play to the TE side- and they're doing OK right now.

If Coman has to call of the plays- so what?

Your right. Let's go to Auburn and A & M with simple coverages while we are still at the beginning of the season still. Let's give Malzhan and Sumiln simple coverage looks for them to pick apart. Are you going to embrace Dan for doing that or bash him for those losses because those teams score more than maybe we could have prevented because we couldnt run but a few coverages. And you seem to forget something, it's not just what we run but he has to determine the correct read for the plays the offense is running against us. And Auburn and A & M are not exactly simple offenses to recognize.

GreenheadDawg
09-20-2015, 10:03 PM
No, you really don't.

yeh cause Zach Jack, Richie, Coman, and Market are ****ing awesome!!**

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Look we are not going to agree. They are not ready. Even C34, who is a big proponent of Mullen playing more of our younger guys right now see's it. He is with you mostly but they are not ready and he is saying the same thing. Not demanding perfection at all. Just don't limit what we can call defensively and from the safety position. Heck the number of all world 5 star safety's from complex high schools that actually start from day one is probably less than 30%. Which means only a few a year at these big programs you keep talking about playing freshman. It's very few at the safety position from day one. LSU needed safety help last year and Allen didn't get heavily involved until what? 6-7 games in. And another thing what have our safety's given up this year in big plays? Yeah yeah I know competition level. Of which the freshman screwed up much bigger than anything Coman and Market have this year. But at least we have kept it in check so far. We are at 100 yards less per game this year compared to last so far. I don't expect it stays that way but for other than injuries, God forbid, they both are not out there heavily against Auburn or A & M unless they make big steps. May be they will and they show out. I think it's only a matter of time. Just not sure that it's not really next year or late this before that point. Which is very much par for the course for most highly rated safety's across the country.

Big programs usually have safeties that are good enough where it is not an issue- and therefore have the luxury to redshirt or be more cautious with a freshman safety. If we had good players at safety right now- I would be fine redshirting or having Peters and McLaurin as back ups. But as Coach34 also agrees with me- safety is an issue right now. There is no reason to start freshmen over legitimately competent upperclassmen that are performing.

We have played a lot more run heavy teams this year thus far- and with QB issues combined with schemes of our opponents that is going to continue other than a couple of exceptions like A&M and Ole Miss. That's part of the reason why we haven't given up as many big plays.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Your right. Let's go to Auburn and A & M with simple coverages while we are still at the beginning of the season still. Let's give Malzhan and Sumiln simple coverage looks for them to pick apart. Are you going to embrace Dan for doing that or bash him for those losses because those teams score more than maybe we could have prevented because we couldnt run but a few coverages. And you seem to forget something, it's not just what we run but he has to determine the correct read for the plays the offense is running against us. And Auburn and A & M are not exactly simple offenses to recognize.

In that instance I wouldn't bash Dan for how he played the safeties. For example, I praised Dan for the changes he made this week with the two back sets early in the game. If he does what I am asking him to do with the personnel, there is no reason for me to bash him for that and I would be happy to see him try to make some adjustments for the better. If I am wrong I guess I would just eat crow, but so far this year I haven't had to do that yet.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Big programs usually have safeties that are good enough where it is not an issue- and therefore have the luxury to redshirt or be more cautious with a freshman safety. If we had good players at safety right now- I would be fine redshirting or having Peters and McLaurin as back ups. But as Coach34 also agrees with me- safety is an issue right now. There is no reason to start freshmen over legitimately competent upperclassmen that are performing.

We have played a lot more run heavy teams this year thus far- and with QB issues combined with schemes of our opponents that is going to continue other than a couple of exceptions like A&M and Ole Miss. That's part of the reason why we haven't given up as many big plays.

That's has not been the talking point about all of this. It's been well if big time programs play true freshman yards yada because they all go pro and they promise playing time because you can't redshirt 5 stars. Except they do and not all of them play. And I was using that as an example of a highly recruited guy from a bigger more sophiscated program and it just takes a while for 70-80% of these players. And that's just to play as a freshman much less start from day one as a safety. Coach does agree with you but he also states they are NOT ready. Period. If I have not misquoted him he is on point with you on a lot of this. But they are not ready. And he has been adamant about that for a while. Look you are hard headed enough that you are going keep on with this until they play and then probably when they do they will look pretty good and you will say "See, I was right. We should have been playing them all along Dan is an idiot". And you would be just as wrong as you are right now. They will play when they are ready. If by next fall there is an issue of them not playing and they look ready, then I will be right there with you. But, and I know you are not going to listen, you beating this horse every day won't make them ready quicker or get them on the field faster. They are talented but as a sliding scale they cannot over come the other guys experience just yet. Peters looks the closest right now but if McLaurin shakes off his mistakes and learns quickly they both could be right there hitting stride at the same time.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 10:33 PM
In that instance I wouldn't bash Dan for how he played the safeties. For example, I praised Dan for the changes he made this week with the two back sets early in the game. If he does what I am asking him to do with the personnel, there is no reason for me to bash him for that and I would be happy to see him try to make some adjustments for the better. If I am wrong I guess I would just eat crow, but so far this year I haven't had to do that yet.

Yeah because you know exactly why they haven't had touches all year. You don't all the rhyme or reasons things are done inside the program.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 10:59 PM
Yeah because you know exactly why they haven't had touches all year. You don't all the rhyme or reasons things are done inside the program.

No, I don't know everything inside the program. I do know by watching who the better players are- and have been pretty accurate thus far. I also know that the point of the game is to put the best people out there to give yourself the best chance to win. Not nitpick certain players while giving others a pass.

Bothrops
09-20-2015, 11:00 PM
I don't see James going anywhere after this year. I don't think he gets drafted. That's good for us. I also saw F. Adams on the participation list. Didn't know we pulled his redshirt.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-20-2015, 11:07 PM
I don't see James going anywhere after this year. I don't think he gets drafted. That's good for us. I also saw F. Adams on the participation list. Didn't know we pulled his redshirt.

It wasn't Fletcher it was a walk on wearing #43.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 11:10 PM
That's has not been the talking point about all of this. It's been well if big time programs play true freshman yards yada because they all go pro and they promise playing time because you can't redshirt 5 stars. Except they do and not all of them play. And I was using that as an example of a highly recruited guy from a bigger more sophiscated program and it just takes a while for 70-80% of these players. And that's just to play as a freshman much less start from day one as a safety. Coach does agree with you but he also states they are NOT ready. Period. If I have not misquoted him he is on point with you on a lot of this. But they are not ready. And he has been adamant about that for a while. Look you are hard headed enough that you are going keep on with this until they play and then probably when they do they will look pretty good and you will say "See, I was right. We should have been playing them all along Dan is an idiot". And you would be just as wrong as you are right now. They will play when they are ready. If by next fall there is an issue of them not playing and they look ready, then I will be right there with you. But, and I know you are not going to listen, you beating this horse every day won't make them ready quicker or get them on the field faster. They are talented but as a sliding scale they cannot over come the other guys experience just yet. Peters looks the closest right now but if McLaurin shakes off his mistakes and learns quickly they both could be right there hitting stride at the same time.

Doesn't really matter. The narrative changes every week. From "you haven't seen them play" to "well, OK you've seen them play but you aren't at practice" or "you're just looking at starzzz" to now "well it's just Northwestern State". The way it's going the conclusion is going to be "well, they weren't ready when you said they were." Whatever makes you feel better. All I care about is putting the best people on the field to give us the best chance to win. We haven't done that at several positions- not just safety. So, either I'm right or have really good foresight.

McLaurin can take his time and develop because of Bryant. If we play Coman, Peters, Market, and Bryant we're going to be a lot better off than we would be playing just Coman and Market.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 11:12 PM

If Cherrington got a look in the NFL and Tommy Kelly played a decade in the NFL, you better believe they'll be happy to give Nick James a chance.

I think he is gone after this year personally and I will wish him well even though I would love for him to come back.

smootness
09-20-2015, 11:18 PM
yeh cause Zach Jack, Richie, Coman, and Market are ****ing awesome!!**

I will agree with you for the most part on Jackson. I want to see Gray in there more. Richie? This sudden decision our fan base has made that Richie is the poster child for any issues we may have is ridiculous. Richie Brown is a good freaking LB.

smootness
09-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Doesn't really matter. The narrative changes every week. From "you haven't seen them play" to "well, OK you've seen them play but you aren't at practice" or "you're just looking at starzzz" to now "well it's just Northwestern State". The way it's going the conclusion is going to be "well, they weren't ready when you said they were." Whatever makes you feel better. All I care about is putting the best people on the field to give us the best chance to win. We haven't done that at several positions- not just safety. So, either I'm right or have really good foresight.

McLaurin can take his time and develop because of Bryant. If we play Coman, Peters, Market, and Bryant we're going to be a lot better off than we would be playing just Coman and Market.

Yes, but your problem is that you assume the coaches do not feel the same way.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 11:27 PM
No, I don't know everything inside the program. I do know by watching who the better players are- and have been pretty accurate thus far. I also know that the point of the game is to put the best people out there to give yourself the best chance to win. Not nitpick certain players while giving others a pass.

And the best are not those two at safety yet. Who were the best two freshman safety's last year? Adams at LSU and Kelly at Tenn? Well one had 3 starts by the end of the year and the other had two. Peters tackle totals are in line with Kelly after their first 3 games respectfully at 7 tackles. Adams had 9 and didn't play safety the first game of the year for LSU against Wisconsin either. They were brought in more and more as they got ready during the course of the year. And both teams needed safety help as well. Teams just do not throw safety's out there like you want to think they do. Sure a few like Collins and Bell get out there quicker but they are by far the exception not the rule.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 11:37 PM

My narrative hasn't changed. First you were making a snap judgement without any basis for your opinion other than they were highly rated out of high school and reports that they looked really good and they fact you were fooled by the USM game that both safety's played horrible. No they didn't other than Market not getting over quick enough on a blown coverage by the LB. Maybe Peters does or maybe he doesn't recognize the blown assignment at all. We don't know. And looking really good in camp is not the same as being ready to play a lot. Which is exactly what I have always stated. They are very talented but will not be ready for a while. Maybe later in the year or next year. That's it. That's all I have said and the games they have played hasn't changed my mind in seeing them in action either. May be Peters is about to take the next step. Good for him if he does but I still don't think he is ready to play a lot yet against these next two teams.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 11:55 PM
Yes, but your problem is that you assume the coaches do not feel the same way.

I think the coaches do put who they feel is the best player on the field. I just think they misevaluate that sometimes because they place too much emphasis on certain things and I don't think they do a good job of giving players a chance to get experience early. I also think Dan lacks creativity at times in terms of getting and utilizing some of our players especially on offense. I don't think they are tanking us on purpose or anything like that.

Todd4State
09-21-2015, 12:06 AM
My narrative hasn't changed. First you were making a snap judgement without any basis for your opinion other than they were highly rated out of high school and reports that they looked really good and they fact you were fooled by the USM game that both safety's played horrible. No they didn't other than Market not getting over quick enough on a blown coverage by the LB. Maybe Peters does or maybe he doesn't recognize the blown assignment at all. We don't know. And looking really good in camp is not the same as being ready to play a lot. Which is exactly what I have always stated. They are very talented but will not be ready for a while. Maybe later in the year or next year. That's it. That's all I have said and the games they have played hasn't changed my mind in seeing them in action either. May be Peters is about to take the next step. Good for him if he does but I still don't think he is ready to play a lot yet against these next two teams.

Wasn't referring to you specifically. So many people were trying to call me out I can't remember who said what. I was pretty open about the fact that I had watched most of the players I was touting in person in high school- there was no "snap judgement". I don't place a lot of stock into what recruiting experts have to say about a player. Their best use is basically informing us what players MSU is looking at so that I can go out and know who to look for.

There is a reason I have been right about Lee, Williams, Green, Gray, and yes....even Peters and McLaurin are performing and I was most certainly right about Coman not being the second coming of Ronnie Lott. And it's not because I have a subscription to Genespage.