PDA

View Full Version : Mullen on Auburn

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Said that's a tough place to play but if they have a good week of practice then he feels pretty good going in there.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 08:42 AM
If we don't leave dear, Donald gray, Myles, lee, and Williams in Starkville, I think we score too much for auburn to keep up

Taco
09-20-2015, 08:59 AM
We match up nicely with them.

Put Redmond on Duke
Gerri Green must play. His speed over Richie is very needed against the Gus Bus
Our real RB's should carve up that soft D

Once again, comes down to playing the best.

Thompson92
09-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Ha, he gave them less credit than he gave USM.
Seems like it comes down to running the ball correctly. Give it to Lee or find a way for Holloway to get out in the open, and we'll win big. Not to mention, Dak needs 8-10 carries. I'm praying this weekend's offense looks more like that of last season.

Jacksondevildog
09-20-2015, 09:06 AM
Mullen is salivating at letting Dak throw it 45+ times Saturday. Maybe 60 times.

Saltydog
09-20-2015, 09:07 AM
All this outscoring people stuff is b.s. until we get some semblance of a running game.

Jacksondevildog
09-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Our running backs will have more production if we run Prescott more. It will open up things a bit more. #analysis

msstate7
09-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Our running backs will have more production if we run Prescott more. It will open up things a bit more. #analysis

Dak running the ball yesterday tells me we've figured this out. Dak will run this week

starkvegasdawg
09-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Dak running the ball yesterday tells me we've figured this out. Dak will run this week
I thought that would be the case when Dak admitted he should have run more against LSU. He realized he left a lot of yards on the field that game.

NCDawg
09-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it's a shame our coaches didn't realize before the LSU game that it is mandatory that Dak run the ball if we are going to be successful.

Jacksondevildog
09-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Agreed. It's like they went full retard.
Yeah, it's a shame our coaches didn't realize before the LSU game that it is mandatory that Dak run the ball if we are going to be successful.

Bothrops
09-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Don't forget to bring Dontavian, Malik, and Aeris, Dan. We got room for them on the bus.

GTHOM
09-20-2015, 01:11 PM
IF mullen will let Dak keep and use all 4 RBs we will win. If not it will be a down to the last play type game. Same thing we have done the last 2 or 3 times we went over there.

Apoplectic
09-20-2015, 02:21 PM

Mullen is making a business decision. He knows he needs a 100% dak going into bama /tsun games. Expect to see dak run a little more against auburn since we need a win (re: bama gifting tsun). Mullen needs to beat bama or tsun to keep the natives happy - with either we wont start questioning his $4mm.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 02:28 PM
IF mullen will let Dak keep and use all 4 RBs we will win. If not it will be a down to the last play type game. Same thing we have done the last 2 or 3 times we went over there.

Let Dak keep? Dak needs to let Dak keep and run when the receivers are covered. That is per Dak.

missouridawg
09-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Mullen is making a business decision. He knows he needs a 100% dak going into bama /tsun games. Expect to see dak run a little more against auburn since we need a win (re: bama gifting tsun). Mullen needs to beat bama or tsun to keep the natives happy - with either we wont start questioning his $4mm.

But if we 5-4 going into those last 3 games, WTF does it matter? Does Mullen really want to win a championship? Then he should focus on doing whatever it takes to win every Saturday. And once you win this Saturday, you can focus on next Saturday.

Apoplectic
09-20-2015, 02:51 PM
But if we 5-4 going into those last 3 games, WTF does it matter? Does Mullen really want to win a championship? Then he should focus on doing whatever it takes to win every Saturday. And once you win this Saturday, you can focus on next Saturday.

But if we're 6-6 with a win over tsun or bama he wins in a rebuilding year because the sheep will be happy

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Agreed. It's like they went full retard.

They've been full retard since Alabama last year.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 02:57 PM

We need Dak to run for our offense to work. We would be MUCH better off running Dak early like we did against Northwestern State and THEN scale back after we get a big lead. Had we done that against USM, we probably get to play everyone a little more.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 02:57 PM
But if we're 6-6 with a win over tsun or bama he wins in a rebuilding year because the sheep will be happy

No kidding. I've never seen a coach in the SEC get more mileage out of a 6-6 season than Dan has.

BeardoMSU
09-20-2015, 02:58 PM

Yeah no shit. Anyone who fits the stereotype of "as long as we beat OM, I'll be happy" should pack their bags and ship off to dipshit-town. That's how you get left behind in mediocrity. With the money we're spending and the foundation of talent we have RIGHT NOW, there is no reason to not at least compete for championships. Just shooting for 6-6, a bowl game, and a win over your "rival" is for chumps, and that should never again be the goal of our football program.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah no shit. Anyone who fits the stereotype of "as long as we beat OM, I'll be happy" should pack their bags and ship off to dipshit-town. That's how you get left behind in mediocrity. With the money we're spending and the foundation of talent we have RIGHT NOW, there is no reason to not at least compete for championships. Just shooting for 6-6, a bowl game, and a win over your "rival" is for chumps, and that should never again be the goal of our football program.

We can win championships and make it a goal to beat our rival. See Alabama.

BeardoMSU
09-20-2015, 03:27 PM
We can win championships and make it a goal to beat our rival. See Alabama.

I didn't say "don't worry about your rival". Generally, if you're in a position to win a championship, you're gonna be in a pretty good position to also beat your rival (see Alabama....). What I'm talking about are the State fans who are willing to trade multiple victories just for a win over OM. We had multiple threads in the off-season about "would you rather be 8-4 with a win over OM, or 10-2 with a loss?". That's a no-****ing-brainer, or at least it should be...but here we are, still talking about the same shit.

The fact that we are in year 2015 with the talent we have, the facilities, and the funding, yet we still have fans who chime on about "as long as we beat OM, we could go 1-11 and I'd be happy". That's why I hate it when Mullen says that shit in press conferences; its embarrassing, and makes us look like we don't even belong in the deep end with the adults. Just getting to bowl eligibility and beating OM should not be our main priority. We should make winning every single game, including OM, a priority.

DancingRabbit
09-20-2015, 03:34 PM
No kidding. I've never seen a coach in the SEC get more mileage out of a 6-6 season than Dan has.

Wouldn't that be Freeze? That 6-6 year in 2012 convinced Tunsil, Treadwell, et al., that OM was the place to be.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't that be Freeze? That 6-6 year in 2012 convinced Tunsil, Treadwell, et al., that OM was the place to be.

No kidding. Of course that BIG bowl game in Birmingham had to be more impressive than those other schools that were recruiting those players.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 03:56 PM

Touche'.