PDA

View Full Version : Auburn is a must-win

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 12:46 AM
No excuses. We absolutely cannot lose that football game.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 01:10 AM
If we lose, wake me up when Malik and sword hit the hardwood

Bothrops
09-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Our defense will keep Auburn in it and they will win on the last drive. Book it.

klong-dog
09-20-2015, 01:30 AM
What I'm afraid of. Seen it too many times before.

TrapGame
09-20-2015, 07:50 AM
As bad as AU has looked these last two games there's no excuse for getting curb stomped by them.

Jacksondevildog
09-20-2015, 07:59 AM
They will look all world versus us Saturday on the Plains. Anyone expecting differently is setting themselves up for great disappointment. I will be in attendance to see them run off the edge for 300 yards and us whiff on tackles at LB.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 07:59 AM
We have to start fast. If we jump on them 7-0 early, I think they may fold. If we fall behind early, they get confidence and probably have a tough game on our hands

Vetdawg32
09-20-2015, 08:05 AM
I'll be there also with my father-in-law who is a huge Auburn fan. Gonna be a long game for me if we don't play well (esp since I'll be sitting with the home team fans).

Statefan
09-20-2015, 08:29 AM
Our atrocious tackling will keep them in the game

Johnson will keep us in it

It will be an epic battle of who keeps the other team in the game the most

Taco
09-20-2015, 09:03 AM
With our program expectations they are all must wins.

Not going to settle for less than we are capable of this year. Every game here on out is must-win

I seen it dawg
09-20-2015, 11:59 AM
3-2

GTHOM
09-20-2015, 01:07 PM
If we let Dak keep on the read option we should run for at least 200 yards. They dont have a single DB that can cover Bear Wilson or any of our WRs probably. Jeremy Johnson will have to play very well to beat us, I dont think they can beat us by running it. Theyre just not as strong as they were even last year. I expect them to play harder than theyve played all year thus far though.

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Their season is on the line even more so than ours. We stop their run game and we roll though. That simple.

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Their season is on the line even more so than ours. We stop their run game and we roll though. That simple.

I'm not sure I agree with that first point. If we lose to Auburn as bad as they've played, we're staring down a 6-win season.

NCDawg
09-20-2015, 02:04 PM
If we let Dak keep on the read option we should run for at least 200 yards. They dont have a single DB that can cover Bear Wilson or any of our WRs probably. Jeremy Johnson will have to play very well to beat us, I dont think they can beat us by running it. Theyre just not as strong as they were even last year. I expect them to play harder than theyve played all year thus far though.

I'm not sure that they can't beat us by running the ball. We haven't been tackling very well and the opposition's OL seems to pushing our DL around. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence in our DB 's, excluding Redmond and Calhoun.

Really Clark?
09-20-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure I agree with that first point. If we lose to Auburn as bad as they've played, we're staring down a 6-win season.

I think he meant we roll through the game, not season.

scottycameron
09-20-2015, 03:25 PM
where y'all been? Auburn has quit. Malzhan lost the team. They may go winless in the SEC.

BeardoMSU
09-20-2015, 03:29 PM
They may go winless in the SEC.

Ouch....I don't know if they're quite there yet, but holy hell talk about a turn-around for a coach/program if that happened. They won't go winless, but if they were to go 6-6 or 5-7, their fans would be frothin' mad.

scottycameron
09-20-2015, 03:39 PM
handling of the duke williams affair split the team, the large majority against duke and malzhan. They've quit. That is how you got to OT against JSU at home. We've seen it happen, JWS last year and Nutt at OM. Their season is already over they're just showing up to games now.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Ouch....I don't know if they're quite there yet, but holy hell talk about a turn-around for a coach/program if that happened. They won't go winless, but if they were to go 6-6 or 5-7, their fans would be frothin' mad.

They've done it before. Lets spot the pattern.

2010 - Play for natty
2011 - 8-5 (4-4)
2012 - 3-9 (0-8)

Repeat cycle

2013 - Play for natty
2014 - 8-5 (4-4)
2015 - ?

BeardoMSU
09-20-2015, 03:45 PM
They've done it before. Lets spot the pattern.

2010 - Play for natty
2011 - 8-5 (4-4)
2012 - 3-9 (0-8)

Repeat cycle

2013 - Play for natty
2014 - 8-5 (4-4)
2015 - ?

Hmmm....you made a strong case, Leroy.

Leroy Jenkins
09-20-2015, 03:55 PM
Hmmm....you made a strong case, Leroy.

Einstein isn't the only guy that can come up with theories. I call this one the "theory of the JuCo QB savior cycle".

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 04:01 PM
It's going to be a turning point game for sure. Win it and we can still have a good or even a great season. Lose it and set your sights on 6-6 at best.

CarolinaDawgs
09-20-2015, 04:54 PM

I totally agree with him keeping it but I don't like the idea of him keeping it just to keep it. We were insanely deadly last year when Dak and JRob would take those 2 or 3 steps together and actually read the play. If anybody watched the Texas game that Heard guy ran it perfectly and as a result had 150+ rushing yards.

HSVDawg
09-20-2015, 04:58 PM

Both seasons are equally on the line. It's pretty much an elimination game for any shot at the West. We lose and I'm probably going to stop giving a shit for the rest of the year, and I think many others will as well.

Liverpooldawg
09-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Both seasons are equally on the line. It's pretty much an elimination game for any shot at the West. We lose and I'm probably going to stop giving a shit for the rest of the year, and I think many others will as well.

That's a great attitude.

BB30
09-20-2015, 06:42 PM
A lot of negativity for a team that lost by 2 points to a pretty good Lsu team and an offense that seems to be starting to click.

Political Hack
09-20-2015, 07:13 PM

If they lose they're 0-2 in division with an overtime win against a cupcake. The fan base will revolt and the players will lose all confidence. If we beat them, UGA, Bama, OM, & A&M are going to roll them easily too. They'll be lucky to get 6 wins if they lose next weekend.

HSVDawg
09-20-2015, 07:21 PM
That's a great attitude.

I didn't say we were going to lose. In fact I like our chances a lot. But we have to be ready to play and be aggressive right out of the gate. Hopefully this weekend let Mullen exorcise some of his own demons and gave him some more confidence in our weapons on offense. But if you don't think the majority of our fans would be extremely pissed about a team most thought should win 9 or 10 games this year starting 0-2 in the SEC, you are kidding yourself. Especially with as bad as Auburn has looked. With the way the expectations have been raised for our program at least for the Dak era, nobody gives a shit about the Birmingham Bowl.

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 07:26 PM
If they lose they're 0-2 in division with an overtime win against a cupcake. The fan base will revolt and the players will lose all confidence. If we beat them, UGA, Bama, OM, & A&M are going to roll them easily too. They'll be lucky to get 6 wins if they lose next weekend.

Maybe I'm missing it, but isn't our season equally over if *we* lose to this Auburn team? I mean, I struggle to see how we beat Alabama, Ole Miss, A&M, or even Mizzou/Arkansas if we can't beat a reeling Auburn team -- unless it turns out the first 3 games for them were an anomaly. They're likely one of the two weakest teams we have left.

Taco
09-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Maybe I'm missing it, but isn't our season equally over if *we* lose to this Auburn team?

Yes

GTHOM
09-21-2015, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure that they can't beat us by running the ball. We haven't been tackling very well and the opposition's OL seems to pushing our DL around. Also, I don't have a lot of confidence in our DB 's, excluding Redmond and Calhoun.

Compare our Run D to theirs vs Leonard Fournette. Us>Them. LSU didnt beat us by running the ball. Auburn wont either