PDA

View Full Version : Weird year...

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 12:44 AM
For the first time in as long as I can remember, both Alabama and Auburn are not even close to powerhouses. LSU is good, but one dimensional. Arkansas sucks. A&M is looking ok, but they aren't good enough on D, and we have issues at OL, RB, and tackling. Ole Miss isn't outstanding, but they have their best recruiting class ever as Juniors during the most down year in the SEC West in 15 years or more it appears. Some luck. Long season, and we'll have to see if they can capitalize on a very favorable outlook going forward.

As for us, we control our own destiny, and there isn't a game on the schedule that we can't win. We blew it last week, but that game can't keep us out of Atlanta by itself. We just need to worry about each game and not worry about OM, Bc that's something nobody can control.

Lord willing, we'll beat OM in the biggest Egg Bowl ever to get to Atlanta. I refuse to allow an OM win over a Bama team that has no QB and gifted them 24 points off 5 turnovers, affect my outlook on our season.

Control what we can control, and let the chips fall where they may.

Hail State

mstatefan91
09-20-2015, 12:47 AM
We don't control our own destiny unfortunately, but I don't think we are out of it yet. Gotta beat the Barners. Our entire season depends on it.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Great post Cadaver.

Don't forget that Ole Miss also got a TD on an illegal play that should have been called back.

That game could have easily been a blow out for Bama if they just hold onto the ball on unforced turnovers.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 12:48 AM
We don't control our own destiny unfortunately, but I don't think we are out of it yet. Gotta beat the Barners. Our entire season depends on it.

Yes we do...well, except for LSU. But I don't think they can win the West without throwing a pass. We control our destiny over Ole Miss is what I was getting at. If we win out, only 1 team can win the West over us, and that's a one loss LSU.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 12:49 AM
We don't control our destiny, but I agree with most of what you said.

Think Georgia, lsu, OM, and probably bama are better than us. You can't count on bama losing the TO battle so badly and fluke plays when you play them.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 12:49 AM

LSU isn't going undefeated. I agree we don't control out destiny, but, if we win out, we'll be fine

mstatefan91
09-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Yes we do...well, except for LSU. But I don't think they can win the West without throwing a pass. We control our destiny over Ole Miss is what I was getting at.

Don't we need LSU to lose twice? What are the tie breaker rules? I can't remember

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 12:51 AM
For the first time in as long as I can remember, both Alabama and Auburn are not even close to powerhouses. LSU is good, but one dimensional. Arkansas sucks. A&M is looking ok, but they aren't good enough on D, and we have issues at OL, RB, and tackling. Ole Miss isn't outstanding, but they have their best recruiting class ever as Juniors during the most down year in the SEC West in 15 years or more it appears. Some luck. Long season, and we'll have to see if they can capitalize on a very favorable outlook going forward.

As for us, we control our own destiny, and there isn't a game on the schedule that we can't win. We blew it last week, but that game can't keep us out of Atlanta by itself. We just need to worry about each game and not worry about OM, Bc that's something nobody can control.

Lord willing, we'll beat OM in the biggest Egg Bowl ever to get to Atlanta. I refuse to allow an OM win over a Bama team that has no QB and gifted them 24 points off 5 turnovers, affect my outlook on our season.

Control what we can control, and let the chips fall where they may.

Hail State

Great post. I definitely agree- although I want Ole Miss to replace Vandy as doormats of the SEC.

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 12:51 AM
Don't we need LSU to lose twice? What are the tie breaker rules? I can't remember

Yes, even if we went 7-1, we'd need LSU to be 6-2 -- unless there was a 3-way tie.

mstatefan91
09-20-2015, 12:52 AM
LSU isn't going undefeated. I agree we don't control out destiny, but, if we win out, we'll be fine

Oh, for sure. Just saying right now that we don't control it. That's all

CadaverDawg

We do unless it's a 3-way tie.

I misspoke on controlling our destiny, but only LSU could win the West over us if we won out. Trying to be positive here guys, and y'all are shittin on it! Ha

msstate7
Yes we do...well, except for LSU. But I don't think they can win the West without throwing a pass. We control our destiny over Ole Miss is what I was getting at. If we win out, only 1 team can win the West over us, and that's a one loss LSU.

Harris stats...
21/31 att 145 yards 1 td 0 isn't
13 rushes 114 yards 2 td

I think he's better than you give him credit for

mstatefan91
09-20-2015, 12:54 AM
We do unless it's a 3-way tie.

I misspoke on controlling our destiny, but only LSU could win the West over us if we won out. Trying to be positive here guys, and y'all are shittin on it! Ha
My bad lol

bluelightstar
09-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Harris stats...
13 rushes 114 yards 2 td

I don't think he's that good, but he's been good at not putting the football in harm's way. For a team like LSU with Fournette and a very good defense, that's what it would take to win. You go into Oxford turning the ball over and things can spiral away from you.

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Harris stats...
13 rushes 114 yards 2 td

Didn't say he was bad...just that Les won't throw it. They aren't going to run over everybody, and Les will keep trying to.

Coach007
09-20-2015, 12:55 AM
A one loss ms st team will be in the playoffs. We do control our destiny.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Harris stats...
13 rushes 114 yards 2 td

Harris is definitely emerging. He had a solid game against us as well even though he was asked to basically just manage the game.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 12:56 AM
I don't think he's that good, but he's been good at not putting the football in harm's way. For a team like LSU with Fournette and a very good defense, that's what it would take to win. You go into Oxford turning the ball over and things can spiral away from you.

Harris is better than either qb bama put out there. LF >> Henry. Lsu wr's >> bama's. When lsu gets jalen mills back, they're gonna make a playoff push IMO

I seen it dawg
09-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Harris stats...
13 rushes 114 yards 2 td

7 yds per completion and most of that is yac. He has talent and he hasn't had to do anything to win a game. Their defense is good and obviously they can run it. Harris isn't ready to put a game on his shoulders and win it. If they get in that position vs someone they will be in trouble. Harris can spin it and run a little but Fournette and the def has kept him from being tested. He missed quite a few throws today.

msstate7
09-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Didn't say he was bad...just that Les won't throw it. They aren't going to run over everybody, and Les will keep trying to.

Om's big defensive plays are almost always ints. Running and running some more vs them is a solid plan

CadaverDawg
09-20-2015, 01:03 AM
I'm usually negative, so I finally post a positive thread and you pessimistic turds pick it apart? Haha. I'm trying to get the image of Ole Miss making the Playoffs and a National Championship out of my head, and you guys aren't helping. Humor me, dammit!

Charlie_Sheen420
09-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Here's the real deal, the SEC as a whole is mediocre this year and pretty much anyone can win the west or the east. No team is just dominant or above everyone else, the west and east will end up cannibalizing each other as usual. The one thing that is a fact is Leonard Fournette is a ****ing man!!!

Also edited to add, keep an eye on that Ole Miss and Memphis match up in the Liberty Bowl....it will be a trap game.