PDA

View Full Version : TSUN is good.

Rayburn8
09-19-2015, 11:44 PM
I hate TSUN as much of the next guy, but I recognize a good team. They will make some noise, but we still beat them cause you know, egg bowl voodoo.

Todd4State
09-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Bullshit. Dan will **** it up because he can't recognize the talent that we have and won't put the best players on the field.

Drugdog
09-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Bullshit. Dan will **** it up because he can't recognize the talent that we have and won't put the best players on the field.

^^^^^True^^^^^^

Saltydog
09-19-2015, 11:50 PM
LSU. They get them in Oxford and that's a huge advantage.

Taco
09-19-2015, 11:52 PM

Don't forget big game play calling

gravedigger
09-19-2015, 11:56 PM
While i share your frustration, i m not nearly that fatalistic

Todd4State
09-19-2015, 11:57 PM
Don't forget big game play calling

It's going to be run up the gut (which ironically might actually work against Ole Miss) and soft zone. Followed by a furious comeback that just falls frustratingly short.

BossDawg
09-19-2015, 11:58 PM
I'm hoping somehow this will attract more attention from the NCAA.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 12:36 AM
LSU. They get them in Oxford and that's a huge advantage.

Why do you like Ole Miss more than LSU?

Ole Miss is good, but why better than LSU?

That game could've have easily been a blowout for Bama tonight if Bama doesn't have butter fingers with the ball early

Beaver
09-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Honestly, how is OM different from last year? Salty defense, a quarterback that is inconsistent (against a real defense), struggles with running the ball, and the o-line is average. They thrive off the big play on offense and create turnovers on defense.

They're good. But I don't think they're good enough to run the table.

Coach007
09-20-2015, 12:43 AM

Really? Wonder who recruited that ta!ent. I assume he recognized it when he asked for their loi. You can not base the new guys play on an FCS game. The need more reps and experience. The rotation will get bigger and these guys will contribute and will play.

thf24
09-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Why do you like Ole Miss more than LSU?

Ole Miss is good, but why better than LSU?

That game could've have easily been a blowout for Bama tonight if Bama doesn't have butter fingers with the ball early

Agreed. How many times did Ole Miss score that wasn't off an unforced turnover or a circus play? They're good, I'm not denying that, but I still think they're going to have issues on offense. They still can't run between the tackles, and Kelly is going to start turning the ball over unless he continues to get as lucky as he did tonight.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Really? Wonder who recruited that ta!ent. I assume he recognized it when he asked for their loi. You can not base the new guys play on an FCS game. The need more reps and experience. The rotation will get bigger and these guys will contribute and will play.

I've been saying that they need to be worked into the rotation for weeks now. I hope Dan proves me wrong- but his history has me worried.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Agreed. How many times did Ole Miss score that wasn't off an unforced turnover or a circus play? They're good, I'm not denying that, but I still think they're going to have issues on offense. They still can't run between the tackles, and Kelly is going to start turning the ball over unless he continues to get as lucky as he did tonight.

You would think that the odds would turn against them at some point, but it just never seems to happen. Other than the Peach Bowl.

bobcat91
09-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Saban's teams the past two years have been hampered by average QB play and Lane Kiffen calling the plays. Kiffen sucks. Period. Les Miles is a dumbass, but they will ram the ball down UMs throat, which is what Bama should have done.

Coach007
09-20-2015, 12:51 AM
I've been saying that they need to be worked into the rotation for weeks now. I hope Dan proves me wrong- but his history has me worried.

Well, that's been my complaint too lol. The vanilla play calling in the first quarter of both the USM and LSU games cost us time in getting players in rotation.

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Saban's teams the past two years have been hampered by average QB play and Lane Kiffen calling the plays. Kiffen sucks. Period. Les Miles is a dumbass, but they will ram the ball down UMs throat, which is what Bama should have done.

They miss McCarron.

Saltydog
09-20-2015, 01:09 AM
tough, even in years when they aren't as talented. This year, they are as talented and plus it's in Oxford. UM has a much better passing game than last year and their defense is physical. If it's close, Freeze>Miles. People can keep making all the excuses they want but UM is a legit threat to win the SECW and ultimately the SEC title. I hate it, I really do but when you look at all the physical tools they have, they're going to be very tough to beat. I keep reading, well they were lucky to win tonight and Bama gave them the game, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah but Bama couldn't hold them outta the endzone when it counted.

bobcat91
09-20-2015, 01:12 AM
tough, even in years when they aren't as talented. This year, they are as talented and plus it's in Oxford. UM has a much better passing game than last year and their defense is physical. If it's close, Freeze>Miles. People can keep making all the excuses they want but UM is a legit threat to win the SECW and ultimately the SEC title. I hate it, I really do but when you look at all the physical tools they have, they're going to be very tough to beat.

UMs defense isn't physical: they are fast. LSU isn't going to put their QB in crappy situations and will get physical with their defense, which negates their speed.

Charlie_Sheen420
09-20-2015, 01:13 AM
Will they survive the trap game against Memphis? I believe Memphis will give them a brawl

defiantdog
09-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Hate to say it, but Ole Miss was the better team last night. I think Alabama forgot they had to develop all of those 5 stars.

Coach007
09-20-2015, 08:44 AM
Ol? miss was not that good last night.

1- if you think we lost alot... just go and look at what they lost. Yet it took ol? miss 5 turnovers to get the win. Yet it took a fluke play where a ball goes off the hands, hits a helmet and goes into the hands of a wr for a td..... all after a high snap and a just throw a ball up pass.

2- there is no need for a 2. Bama is depleted inexperienced team right now and still almost pulled it out vs a very experienced ol? miss team.

Intramural All-American
09-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Hate to say it, but Ole Miss was the better team last night. I think Alabama forgot they had to develop all of those 5 stars.

I don't think it's that easy to say ole miss was better. Bama lost by 6 with a -5 TO margin, ole miss scoring a TD on an illegal play, and Ole Miss scoring a TD on an auburn-esque fluke play. I think Bama wins 7/10 over Ole Miss, but EVERYTHING WENT ole miss' way last night.

MabenMaroon
09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Will they survive the trap game against Memphis? I believe Memphis will give them a brawl

Absolutely, Memphis has a very good coach, a bunch of players with talent with a chip on their shoulder that were overlooked by the SEC schools. They have had this game circled on their calendar since last season ended. Not necessarily saying that they will win but if the UNM luck that occurred in the Bama game flips the other direction, it could go down to the wire.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2015, 09:42 AM
I don't think it's that easy to say ole miss was better. Bama lost by 6 with a -5 TO margin, ole miss scoring a TD on an illegal play, and Ole Miss scoring a TD on an auburn-esque fluke play. I think Bama wins 7/10 over Ole Miss, but EVERYTHING WENT ole miss' way last night.

This

Ole Miss is a good team, but the overreaction in us is to only look at the surface and say Ole Miss is better than Bama. Bama beats them 7 of 10. When you look at the facts of the game, it's not very difficult to see that Ole Miss was extremely lucky. To say different is to say that you didn't pay attention to the game.