PDA

View Full Version : Dan vs Diaz

Coach007
09-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Not sure exactly how I feel about it. Obviously we were not strong vs FCS chump team. They moved the ball. He was hired to improve the defense. Not maintain the status quo...... Improve it.

1- tackling is worse so far. Period. There is no doubt about that.

2- players are not in great position to make plays. Consistently not where they should be.... Then add #1.

Statecoachingblows**
09-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Underperforming so far. He doesn't have the sideline presence I thought he would. Seems to be going through the motions for lack of a better term

Homedawg
09-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Underperforming so far. He doesn't have the sideline presence I thought he would. Seems to be going through the motions for lack of a better term

Wtf does this mean? I'd love to know. Fact is Collins had better players. Manny is a good coach.

mstatefan91
09-19-2015, 06:33 PM
I really don't like our fans sometimes

CadaverDawg
09-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Not sure exactly how I feel about it. Obviously we were not strong vs FCS chump team. They moved the ball. He was hired to improve the defense. Not maintain the status quo...... Improve it.

2- players are not in great position to make plays. Consistently not where they should be.... Then add #1.

Piss poor tackling, and very slow on the edges at OLB. We get beaten to the edge too much. Did I mention that our tackling SUCKS. Not sure how Fournette didn't run for 350 yds against us the way we tackle.

Coach007
09-19-2015, 06:35 PM
We are not slow... We are out of position!

Coach007
09-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Wtf does this mean? I'd love to know. Fact is Collins had better players. Manny is a good coach.

No.

mstatefan91
09-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Defense kept us in the game against LSU. Defense gave up 13 points while subbing in nearly every defensive player we have today.

Tackling will improve. They are learning a different tackling scheme for player safety.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 06:45 PM
We are not slow... We are out of position!

We have zero depth on the D-line across the board. And we have a player in a play-making position at OLB that doesn't make many plays.

msstate7
09-19-2015, 06:49 PM
We have zero depth on the D-line across the board. And we have a player in a play-making position at OLB that doesn't make many plays.

Where's Jung?

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Where's Jung?

another instant impact that Juco that needed to redshirt.

msstate7
09-19-2015, 06:55 PM
another instant impact that Juco that needed to redshirt.

Why not give Leo a shot at olb or mlb for that matter?

DudyDawg
09-19-2015, 07:06 PM
I'd personally love to see our opponent put up only 20 every game. Feel like we can usually beat that.

godlluB
09-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Tackling will improve. They are learning a different tackling scheme for player safety.

It doesn't look like they are learning anything.

TrapGame
09-19-2015, 07:27 PM

Exactly. After today the new tackling scheme should be taken out back and shot!

msstate7
09-19-2015, 07:28 PM

After watching LF today, maybe we did a pretty good job tackling last week

shoeless joe
09-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Some of y'all are worse than the media when it comes to making something outta nothing. We need to improve in several areas of the entire game to reach our potential as a team.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 07:32 PM
I'd personally love to see our opponent put up only 20 every game. Feel like we can usually beat that.

You can't give up an 8 minute TD drive to Northwestern State. It was a hot day, and we don't have D-line depth. Gotta sign some good ones this year.

msstate7
09-19-2015, 07:34 PM
You can't give up an 8 minute TD drive to Northwestern State. It was a hot day, and we don't have D-line depth. Gotta sign some good ones this year.

With no depth at dt, how come fletcher Adams can't contribute?

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Why not give Leo a shot at olb or mlb for that matter?

Yeah, I'm not sure he is ready. I just don't like that position that Z. Jackson plays. You have to be a special kind of talent to make that spot work. I would rather see us situationally go from a 4-2-5 to a 4-3 with Green, B. Brown, and R. Brown on the field at the same time. Or use that position as a free lance, playmaking position like OM did with D. Nkemdiche.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 07:37 PM
With no depth at dt, how come fletcher Adams can't contribute?

A little small.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2015, 07:41 PM
It looks to me that the biggest problem with the defense is tackling. Then again it appears that we tackled Fournete much better than Auburn did.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-19-2015, 07:50 PM
I think the biggest thing today with the D was they just didn't give half a shat. Thus, I would have subbed a lot sooner if it were me and let the guys who haven't played much and want to make a statement play.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 07:52 PM
It looks to me that the biggest problem with the defense is tackling. Then again it appears that we tackled Fournete much better than Auburn did.

I didn't see a lot of missed tackles. Richie missed a few. Our LB's need to do a better job of getting off blocks and we have to have some guys step up and rest the 1's.

Gatordog
09-19-2015, 08:10 PM
If there was a stat for missed tackles. I believe Richie might lead the conference. However he is ALWAYS around the ball.

DudyDawg
09-19-2015, 08:59 PM

You can if you don't give up shit else

msstate7
09-19-2015, 09:05 PM
If there was a stat for missed tackles. I believe Richie might lead the conference. However he is ALWAYS around the ball.

Richie had 4 tackles (no solos) today. That won't cut it at the mlb position.

Sacrifice
09-19-2015, 09:09 PM
They said on the broadcast Mullen got into Diaz's ass pretty good after the D allowed an 8 min drive that ended in a touchdown..

Bothrops
09-19-2015, 09:19 PM
We played a couple of juco backups on the D-line. One has played ok and the other ain't nowhere near ready. Although from what little I could tell of Hoyett and Thomas, seemed to be good effort. Still, and once again, I'm mostly concerned about pass defense. We don't have any. We play 5 steps off the receivers. Anybody can score on us at will, if their intermediate and downfield passing game is just above average. We can't stop that shit and we've proven it.

sleepy dawg
09-19-2015, 10:00 PM

How you make me feel:

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2266412/84725432.gif

tireddawg
09-19-2015, 10:06 PM

The problem with Richie is that he leaves his feet too much. It's like he doesn't know how to break down & tackle properly.

Bully13
09-19-2015, 10:09 PM
What happened to Richie? Didn't he play decent last year?

Todd4State
09-20-2015, 12:29 AM
They said on the broadcast Mullen got into Diaz's ass pretty good after the D allowed an 8 min drive that ended in a touchdown..

He did. I witnessed it from the stands. I approved.

As far as the tackling- I think we haven't gotten used to the hawk takling thing yet. We look kind of tentative at times. Not sure how I feel about it even though I liked the concept.

Swagger Vance
09-20-2015, 01:56 AM
And I didn't even start it. Amazing.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Defense kept us in the game against LSU. Defense gave up 13 points while subbing in nearly every defensive player we have today.

Retweet. In case, y'all didn't notice we held LSU's offense to 21 points, most notably 7 in the final three quarters. I will never understand the losing mentality in our fan base. But I realize many of you were alumni during the 2000s so it's hard for you to understand how to enjoy success. Personally, I feel we are improved on defense