PDA

View Full Version : The poster Todd4State was 100% right

Taco
09-19-2015, 05:41 PM
in making his points about maximizing our potential and holding back. Watching this young talent brings mixed emotions. One its great because the future is bright and the future is now, but then it makes you cringe that they were on a metal bench last week when we desperately needed that talent (specifically RB, Safety, and LB) to compete.

Gerri Green has that extra gear that Richie just doesnt have. Richie is a liability and everyone knew this. Don't even mention contact averse Zack Jackson

Dak is running THIS week.
Lee looks like a runner with the vision needed for the position
Aries and Dear can make plays happen.
Donald Gray, man oh man!
And Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin look night and day ahead of Coman and Evans

I just really hope this chance of a special season hasn't already been shot for stubbornness of not playing the best players and holding back on gameplan. We have to pull for Bama and possibly even Northern Miss against LSU. We are still in this thing but we cannot squander another opportunity by not maximizing everything we got.

bulldawg28
09-19-2015, 07:24 PM
The young guys look like they should be playing right now.

smootness
09-19-2015, 07:31 PM
I understand these feelings, but people need to calm down on some of it. There is zero way to tell, against NWSU, whether Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin are better options than a guy like Coman. There is more to playing safety than physical ability, but physical ability will always beat a team like NWSU.

Just be happy for the future. If you worry too much about what we didn't do against LSU, you're allowing yourself to be affected by something you can't do anything about. LSU is a very good team. Yes, we could have and perhaps should have won it, but we didn't. We still have a chance to be a very good team, and our future is bright. Be happy.

MetEdDawg
Mullen is very loyal to program guys. But I think he's starting to change a little. I truly thought Morrow was going to get starts and a lot of snaps. He hasn't. But Shump and Zac Jack should both not be playing as much, especially Zac Jack because JT Gray is better than he is right now. Deontay Evans shouldn't either and neither should Tolando Cleveland.

But we are loyal to a fault sometimes and I think Mullen is hesitant to put true freshman in, especially over program guys. I think we should have seen either Smitherman or Stamps by now over Cleveland or Jiles. But both are program guys and they will start next year come hell or high water, even if they aren't the best.

Skydawg1
Guys, that was an FCS school we just beat. A team that had never scored against us, Diaz allowed 13 points. We need work.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Don't get carried away. You can't tell much from a game like that, not on the good side.

bulldawg28
09-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Football is football you can absolutely tell things from this game. Blown assigments, effort, carrying out the game plan, good fundamentals, all can be evaluated during this game.

smootness
09-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Football is football you can absolutely tell things from this game. Blown assigments, effort, carrying out the game plan, good fundamentals, all can be evaluated during this game.

Most of that can only be evaluated on the 'bad' side. So you're pretty much agreeing with him.

Todd4State
09-19-2015, 11:51 PM
I understand these feelings, but people need to calm down on some of it. There is zero way to tell, against NWSU, whether Bryant, Peters, and McLaurin are better options than a guy like Coman. There is more to playing safety than physical ability, but physical ability will always beat a team like NWSU.

Just be happy for the future. If you worry too much about what we didn't do against LSU, you're allowing yourself to be affected by something you can't do anything about. LSU is a very good team. Yes, we could have and perhaps should have won it, but we didn't. We still have a chance to be a very good team, and our future is bright. Be happy.

Even though they outplayed Coman against the same opponent? The narrative has gone from you don't know what you are talking about you haven't seen them to you haven't been to practice to now "well it's just Northwestern State."

And of course we can't do anything about it- that's why it's so damn frustrating. And it's becoming more and more obivous to those who "had to see it to believe it".

Todd4State
09-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Mullen is very loyal to program guys. But I think he's starting to change a little. I truly thought Morrow was going to get starts and a lot of snaps. He hasn't. But Shump and Zac Jack should both not be playing as much, especially Zac Jack because JT Gray is better than he is right now. Deontay Evans shouldn't either and neither should Tolando Cleveland.

But we are loyal to a fault sometimes and I think Mullen is hesitant to put true freshman in, especially over program guys. I think we should have seen either Smitherman or Stamps by now over Cleveland or Jiles. But both are program guys and they will start next year come hell or high water, even if they aren't the best.

He can still be loyal to his "program/practice guys" and still play the best players. We have to sub guys in and out anyway. I don't care if Coman and his friends start and play 1/3 of the game as long as Peters, Bryant, JT, and Green all get the other 2/3. There is no rule that the starters have to play "X" amount of time.

I think it's OK to reward guys that practice hard and do what they are supposed to do- but don't play them at the expense of the team.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-20-2015, 12:00 AM
Wouldn't mind Richie taking Jackson's position and Green taking over the middle spot.