PDA

View Full Version : Where are those who were jumping all over me 2 weeks ago when I said Fitz...

RougeDawg
09-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Wasn't much of a drop off from Dak in total skill set, but only in experience?? And that Fitz was more mobile than Dak.

Statecoachingblows**
09-19-2015, 06:13 PM
If Dan will use them right they both have a chance to be scary good

Maroons
09-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Wasn't much of a drop off from Dak in total skill set, but only in experience?? And that Fitz was more mobile than Dak.

He'll be even more of a running threat than Dak has been.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-19-2015, 07:55 PM
I still think Staley is the QB next year.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 07:56 PM

Fitz looked good, but let's slow down a little before you break your arm patting yourself on the back. Ryan Buchannan and Kincade looked good against UT Martin too.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2015, 07:56 PM

I don't care who it is as long as Mullen doesn't rotate.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Fitz was outstanding today. Our offense will be scary with him. He looked in control today. His running ability is awesome. He just needs a few more games like today for more experience.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2015, 07:58 PM

I just don't see it.

smootness
09-19-2015, 08:00 PM

Dude, what? How are we anywhere close to proving this true? I love Fitzgerald's potential. And I love Staley's potential.

And Fitzgerald may be faster than Dak with a stronger arm.

But Dak is great in this style in some ways despite his speed and arm strength. His greatest assets are demeanor, vision, awareness, decision-making, quickness in tight spaces, and he's strong as an ox. I have no idea where Fitz is in these areas, but you can't just sum them all up as 'experience'.

smootness
09-19-2015, 08:02 PM
I just don't see it.

What have you seen that would make you think it won't happen?

The main thing we need to do is not rally around one to the detriment of the other. They both have plenty of potential, and whoever wins the job will be our QB. We just need to accept that we don't know yet what will happen, that both will have an equal opportunity, and just enjoy the competition while we wait for an answer on it.

MetEdDawg
09-19-2015, 08:03 PM
What should be really scary is comparing those two to Damian Williams when he got his chances last year. He looked lost, confused, and totally out of control, even in mop up duty last year. Fitz and Staley both made it look easy. These two guys are SEC QBs. I'm hoping both stay and both are able to contribute in some way to our success. But the fact that both are legit talents and will push each other can only be good for us.

DownwardDawg
09-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Dude, what? How are we anywhere close to proving this true? I love Fitzgerald's potential. And I love Staley's potential.

But Dak is great in this style in some ways despite his speed and arm strength. His greatest assets are demeanor, vision, awareness, decision-making, quickness in tight spaces, and he's strong as an ox. I have no idea where Fitz is in these areas, but you can't just sum them all up as 'experience'.

I totally agree. I love the potential, but we will CERTAINLY miss Dak. Players like him don't grow on trees.

smootness
09-19-2015, 08:06 PM
I totally agree. I love the potential, but we will CERTAINLY miss Dak. Players like him don't grow on trees.

Oh, absolutely. If we're somehow blessed enough to have a similar QB immediately after Dak, then we need to get on our knees in thanksgiving.

Trying to equate either guy to Dak at this point is nuts.

messageboardsuperhero
09-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Fitz looked good, but let's slow down a little before you break your arm patting yourself on the back. Ryan Buchannan and Kincade looked good against UT Martin too.

Without watching them play much in that game, I seriously doubt Buchannan or Kincade were accurately throwing 40 yard lasers on the run across their body.

Coach34
09-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Staley definitely looks like he will be the guy next year

Sacrifice
09-19-2015, 08:52 PM
I love Dak but both Fitz and Staley have better deep arms. That play Fitz made where he avoided the sack, torqued his body around and threw a 40 yard strike to Gray was F-ing AMAZING!! He threw that ball off one foot.

RougeDawg
09-19-2015, 09:04 PM

Dude, I mean literally, I mean do you even I mean..... Listen to yourself? That's exactly how you sound. How about you go and then and check yourself. And after you realize your asinine statement go back and look at the same statements I made about Dak in his RS Freshman year. I said he should start over TR the next season, to which I was ridiculed. Then Dak became Dak and should have been the starter in 13. We all know what hapened that season, who was the better QB and the end results.

Fitz has the tools to be better than Dak. I'm simply observing the same way I observed the tools I saw from Dak as a RSFR. Go look it up if you want to but my posts are there for your reference.

Coach34
09-19-2015, 09:07 PM
I love Dak but both Fitz and Staley have better deep arms. That play Fitz made where he avoided the sack, torqued his body around and threw a 40 yard strike to Gray was F-ing AMAZING!! He threw that ball off one foot.

Both QB's are better than Dakota was as a R-Fr- no doubt about it

RougeDawg
09-19-2015, 09:10 PM
Both QB's are better than Dakota was as a R-Fr- no doubt about it

Fitz has more mobility.

Coach34
09-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Fitz has more mobility.

yes he does-but Staley is a better passer. Gonna be an interesting battle for QB this Spring