PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks Shump runs for 100 plus today?

drunkernhelldawg
09-19-2015, 11:31 AM
I think we're still fine tuning our game, so I think our starters have to play a lot today.

msstate7
09-19-2015, 11:32 AM
I think we run for well over 200, but I put shump around 80 yards

MetEdDawg
09-19-2015, 11:42 AM
I think Holloway and/or one of the backups have a better chance. If I'm Lee or Aeris, I'm proving I belong on the field and deserve some carries. They are going to run with a purpose today if they get the chance.

Shump is Shump and that won't change. He doesn't have a second gear, he doesn't have elite anything. He's a steady guy but he can't bust the big one because he doesn't do anything extremely well. Holloway has big time speed and can take it the distance.

I agree we will hammer the run game today though and I think we will see a lot of personnel on the OL.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Do we want Shump to run for 100?

He isn't the guy. The last thing we need is Mullen digging in his heels here.

Personally, I'd rather Shump look like garbage, then one of the younger guys come on the field & do outstanding.

Dawg61
09-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Personally, I'd rather Shump look like garbage, then one of the younger guys come on the field & do outstanding.

Too late. Shump gonna start the next 24 games. Williams will start next year at QB too.

drunkernhelldawg
09-19-2015, 11:48 AM

That's why I say this: We have a running back controversy and Mullen is going to be Mullen. Kinda hope I'm wrong, but I won't know my opinion on Lee and Williams until I see more of them.

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Pretty bad when we are hoping we have a 100 yard rusher against northwestern state. Shumpert is not the guy and never will be but while Mullen is the coach he will be the guy. Jackson, Cleveland, and safeties will continue to play also. It is what it is. Just accept it

drunkernhelldawg
09-19-2015, 12:07 PM
I do want us to rotate a bigger back into the game. But I also want our starters on offense to play most of the game because I didn't think we were in sync during our first two games. I think we need the work.

Dawg61
09-19-2015, 12:07 PM
Pretty bad when we are hoping we have a 100 yard rusher against northwestern state. Shumpert is not the guy and never will be but while Mullen is the coach he will be the guy. Jackson, Cleveland, and safeties will continue to play also. It is what it is. Just accept it

I'll accept it when Mullen starts beating LSU and Bama more than once in seven years.

CottonDog
09-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Has Shump ever had a 100 yard game? Just curious

msstate7
09-19-2015, 12:12 PM
Has Shump ever had a 100 yard game? Just curious

No. He had 82 vs UTM and 71 vs OM

CadaverDawg
09-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Northwestern State has given up 800 yds rushing through2 games. Their opponents were SELA and ULL. We better be able to run at will, or prepare for a long long year.

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 12:43 PM
I'll accept it when Mullen starts beating LSU and Bama more than once in seven years.

We don't recruit at a high enough level for that. We will have a team every few years that is like the one last year and will win 10 maybe 11 games. 8 games will be our average. To be able win the SEC west you have to recruit elite talent at multiple positions. We get one or two elite guys a year, if that. We are a developmental program but sometimes the guys don't develop and to recruit classes in the top 25 but never in the top 15 you can win some games but will not win the division or conference unless you have elite coaching ( i.e. TCU and Michigan State). Mullen is a good coach but is far from elite and is too stubborn and arrogant to change some of his philosophy, especially with personnel usage. Not to mention his offensive gameplan in big games could have been drawn up by my 2 year old. I've just accepted the fact that last year is pretty much our ceiling

Dawg61
09-19-2015, 12:49 PM
We don't recruit at a high enough level for that. We will have a team every few years that is like the one last year and will win 10 maybe 11 games. 8 games will be our average. To be able win the SEC west you have to recruit elite talent at multiple positions. We get one or two elite guys a year, if that. We are a developmental program but sometimes the guys don't develop and to recruit classes in the top 25 but never in the top 15 you can win some games but will not win the division or conference unless you have elite coaching ( i.e. TCU and Michigan State). Mullen is a good coach but is far from elite and is too stubborn and arrogant to change some of his philosophy, especially with personnel usage. Not to mention his offensive gameplan in big games could have been drawn up by my 2 year old. I've just accepted the fact that last year is pretty much our ceiling

Mullen gets paid $4 mill a year to go 1-13 vs BamaLSU and 5-31 vs higher ranked opponents? Nah I'm not accepting that.

AROB44
09-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Are all you Mullen bashers going to apply for the job when Mullen finally leaves? I sure hope so because you have superior knowledge and ability over any coach in our history. Probably more than Saban.

missstdawgs4
09-19-2015, 01:03 PM

What about being #1 once every 7 years?

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Are all you Mullen bashers going to apply for the job when Mullen finally leaves? I sure hope so because you have superior knowledge and ability over any coach in our history. Probably more than Saban.

I don't get paid 4 million dollars to coach football. I do anesthesia because that is what I chose to do. The families of my patients assume that I have the best gameplan possible for surgery. I expect the same for our football program when the leader makes 4 million dollars, I expect him to have a good gameplan and make changes when necessary. I'm not bashing Mullen, he is the best thing that has happened to our program in a long time. We have gone from losing seasons to winning 7-9 games consistently. Most of our fans are satisfied to just not being a bottom feeder any more. Some are not, including me. I'm not saying I want him gone at all, actually the opposite. There are just some changes that I would like to see done, but won't happen. When you make as much as he does, your expected to win. Sorry that hurts your feelings

gravedigger
09-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Mullen gets paid $4 mill a year to go 1-13 vs BamaLSU and 5-31 vs higher ranked opponents? Nah I'm not accepting that.

He gets paid 4 mil a year because HE is the only reason YOU have a reason to expect better.

drunkernhelldawg
09-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Feel bad that the thread got negative on Mullen. He's our coach. We're doing pretty well. Everybody wants to do better, especially Mullen. Wish we had a stronger opponent today, but still think we're going to like what we see.

AROB44
09-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Doesn't hurt my feelings. Just have a different opinion of Mullen......I don't think he is any more hard headed than any other successful coach. JWS comes to mind.

Johnson85
09-19-2015, 01:46 PM
He gets paid 4 mil a year because HE is the only reason YOU have a reason to expect better.

^^^THIS^^^^

Dawg61
09-19-2015, 01:48 PM

Yea Mullen brought ESPN and the SECNetwork to the SEC and MSU.** Fact is we can pay a pretty penny for a football coach now. I like Mullen and I'm not saying it's time to move on but don't think for a second we can't get another bad ass head coach here at MSU.

Beaver
09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
When you make as much as he does, your expected to win. Sorry that hurts your feelings

I expect my anesthesiologist to know the difference between your and you're.

drunkernhelldawg
09-19-2015, 01:58 PM

Likely went to TSUN.

I seen it dawg
09-19-2015, 02:15 PM

Glad you typed all that. Ditto for me. Arguably great talent evaluators and just good coaches. Not enough to be a perennial power. Our coaches have to be great and they are far from it.

I seen it dawg
09-19-2015, 02:18 PM

Wow really

Coach34
09-19-2015, 02:22 PM

I'd rather he be much better in science and math

Bully13
09-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Glad you typed all that. Ditto for me. Arguably great talent evaluators and just good coaches. Not enough to be a perennial power. Our coaches have to be great and they are far from it.

describing our coaches as being "far from great" ? I don't follow that logic. I think Mullen has done a great overall job of of evaluating talent and bringing in quality assistants.

he's had a tough row to hoe with how dominant the division has been. looks like there may be an opening popping up as the west and the SEC overall seems to be coming back down to earth. he's really not making anymore money than the rest of the SEC coaches. it's a tough , tough, business he's in and I think he's doing damned good. always gonna be some ups along with the downs, let's see how this season plays out.

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 02:37 PM

Good thing you don't have to be an English major to make it through school huh?

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 02:39 PM
I'd rather he be much better in science and math

Haha I really don't know why I even responded to that douche. But yeh I'm better at math and science. Not so good at grammar, I was raised in the country

Dawg61
09-19-2015, 02:46 PM
describing our coaches as being "far from great" ? I don't follow that logic. I think Mullen has done a great overall job of of evaluating talent and bringing in quality assistants.

he's had a tough row to hoe with how dominant the division has been. looks like there may be an opening popping up as the west and the SEC overall seems to be coming back down to earth. he's really not making anymore money than the rest of the SEC coaches. it's a tough , tough, business he's in and I think he's doing damned good. always gonna be some ups along with the downs, let's see how this season plays out.

Mullen is good to great in all areas of coaching except one. In game coaching. There he is poor to very poor. He's Jean van de Velde on the eighteenth hole when the game starts. That's a pretty big one area to suck at.

Beaver
09-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Haha I really don't know why I even responded to that douche. But yeh I'm better at math and science. Not so good at grammar, I was raised in the country

I never said you had to be 'good' at anything. It's just funny you come on a message board boasting about your profession and comparing your 'gameplan' to Mullen's. I didn't realize people were so sensitive.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if Shump gets over 100 yards or not. People will just say it's because we faced an inferior opponent. I re-watched the LSU game a couple of days ago. I saw maybe one carry where Shump made the wrong cut. The O-line did not open any holes for him. Holloway had two nice carries in the first half, but they were both on 2nd and 10+ yards. Dak did no favors for Shump either. I'm not saying the other guys shouldn't get touches, but it's way too early in the season to be upset with the coach for making 4 million dollars.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Mullen is good to great in all areas of coaching except one. In game coaching. There he is poor to very poor. He's Jean van de Velde on the eighteenth hole when the game starts. That's a pretty big one area to suck at.

Well... hopefully he gets better quickly, because as close as talent levels have become in this division, all these games are going to come down to single digits.

I seen it dawg
09-19-2015, 02:56 PM

Yeah it's a tough tough business....so what. He makes a lot of money for that business. I wish he was a better coach

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 03:07 PM
I never said you had to be 'good' at anything. It's just funny you come on a message board boasting about your profession and comparing your 'gameplan' to Mullen's. I didn't realize people were so sensitive.

Anyway, it doesn't matter if Shump gets over 100 yards or not. People will just say it's because we faced an inferior opponent. I re-watched the LSU game a couple of days ago. I saw maybe one carry where Shump made the wrong cut. The O-line did not open any holes for him. Holloway had two nice carries in the first half, but they were both on 2nd and 10+ yards. Dak did no favors for Shump either. I'm not saying the other guys shouldn't get touches, but it's way too early in the season to be upset with the coach for making 4 million dollars.

So you took that as boasting. I said I was in anesthesia. Maybe I'm an anesthesia tech. Maybe I'm an anesthesia rep. Wow, I'm sorry your disappointed with your life but don't take it out on me. Have a good one bud

defiantdog
09-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Shump should play safety*****

Coach34
09-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Shump should play safety*****

I actually agree with Safety. He is an average RB at best

Bully13
09-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Trash? Seriously man. ...

Beaver
09-19-2015, 05:51 PM
So you took that as boasting. I said I was in anesthesia. Maybe I'm an anesthesia tech. Maybe I'm an anesthesia rep. Wow, I'm sorry your disappointed with your life but don't take it out on me. Have a good one bud

Nah, I'm pretty content with my life as of now.

GreenheadDawg
09-19-2015, 06:09 PM
Nah, I'm pretty content with my life as of now.

Ok good. Now I can sleep tonight