PDA

View Full Version : Looking down the road at the schedule

Leroy Jenkins
09-18-2015, 09:18 PM
It may be that we will have to cheer for tsun to beat LSU if the corndogs don't pick up a 2nd loss before then. The horror. Outside of LSU we still control own destiny making it to the SECCG.

msstate7
09-18-2015, 09:30 PM
I like the optimism. Unless we beat auburn and aTm on the road though, I have no confidence we'll be a player for the west

SDDawg
09-18-2015, 09:55 PM
I like the optimism. Unless we beat auburn and aTm on the road though, I have no confidence we'll be a player for the west

It will be a challenge, but Auburn is not a good football team (yet) and I still don't think we know much about A&M. I remember A&M last year and they were HIGHLY overrated after beating some weak teams early, this could be similar. As road games though, the odds of picking up both will be tough unless we step it up and improve.

I'm all in on 9 wins and in the math for the West, so I think we pick those two up. I'm also doubling down on the OM implosion bet, I think it happens and soon. The "walking around" money is starting to dry up around Oxford and so will player motivation...

LC Dawg
09-18-2015, 09:56 PM
It may be that we will have to cheer for tsun to beat LSU if the corndogs don't pick up a 2nd loss before then. The horror. Outside of LSU we still control own destiny making it to the SECCG.

At this point I'm not really worried about winning the West I just want to see how we do at Auburn. Honestly, I'd rather LSU win the West than the other favorites Bama and Ole Miss. I wouldn't care if Bryant Denny was imploded tomorrow night about 9:00.

TUSK
09-18-2015, 09:59 PM
At this point I'm not really worried about winning the West I just want to see how we do at Auburn. Honestly, I'd rather LSU win the West than the other favorites Bama and Ole Miss. I wouldn't care if Bryant Denny was imploded tomorrow night about 9:00.

like this?

https://media.giphy.com/media/SVhnmDDdOzrZC/giphy.gif

I dunno how to embed a GIF thingy... sorry...

SDDawg
09-18-2015, 10:01 PM

Until OM beats a real team I don't think they're a favorite for anything. Those 3 points in the Peach Bowl were not all that impressive...

LC Dawg
09-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Until OM beats a real team I don't think they're a favorite for anything. Those 3 points in the Peach Bowl were not all that impressive...

Maybe so but I still wouldn't care if the stadium implodes tomorrow night.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-19-2015, 11:32 AM
The best scenario for us is for Auburn to win today and us beat Auburn next week. That would put us, LSU, Auburn and either Ole Miss or Ala. with 1 loss each.

My only problem with this is having to play Auburn after a road win at LSU. They will be mentally back on track if they do that, making it harder for us to win there. Plus if Auburn wins today it makes our loss last week look worse. Just going to have to see how it plays out.

The only thing we can control is us getting better. If we don't do that, none of it will matter.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2015, 11:42 AM
The best scenario for us is for Auburn to win today and us beat Auburn next week. That would put us, LSU, Auburn and either Ole Miss or Ala. with 1 loss each.

My only problem with this is having to play Auburn after a road win at LSU. They will be mentally back on track if they do that, making it harder for us to win there. Plus if Auburn wins today it makes our loss last week look worse. Just going to have to see how it plays out.

The only thing we can control is us getting better. If we don't do that, none of it will matter.

Objectively, I agree that we should want Auburn to win. However, this isn't objective. I would rather Auburn suck, beat them next week, & just hope that LSU loses 2 games or there is a 3 way tie.

Most of all, we need to make sure we beat Auburn next week. I'm for whatever increases those odds.

thunderclap
09-19-2015, 11:58 AM
LSU will end up losing a couple or three. Screw Auburn.

Jack Lambert
09-19-2015, 12:01 PM

I can't figure out the Ole Miss love. They have played two games at home aginst two sub par teams. Hell I think the entire SEC is over rated.