Todd4State
07-19-2013, 10:23 PM
This was from the pack. I like it!

http://instagram.com/p/b-DNOslpiW/#

archdog
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM

Adidas should just use all of Chillbilly's designs.

Gen. Grant
07-20-2013, 12:47 AM
NO.

DownwardDawg
07-20-2013, 06:10 AM
I see nothing. It wants me to download an app.

TopDog58
07-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Love this quote from the pack. Really? Putting on a uniform puts pressure on the team?

Not a fan.

This type of stuff only puts more pressure on us. Last thing this years team needs.

DiligenceDawg
07-20-2013, 07:30 AM
Between chillbilly and the guy who used to make such kick ass game videos (that we or the sec don't remember which made stop) we have two of our best media and presentation assets on the outside looking in.

I want to say the video guy does juco stuff now? been a while so sorry if I'm off on that.

honestly both should be employed by msu.

The Croom Diaries
07-20-2013, 07:36 AM
Between chillbilly and the guy who used to make such kick ass game videos (that we or the sec don't remember which made stop) we have two of our best media and presentation assets on the outside looking in.

I want to say the video guy does juco stuff now? been a while so sorry if I'm off on that.

honestly both should be employed by msu.

I believe that is Derek Cody you are referring to. He is a tool but makes good videos.

Statefan
07-20-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm assuming these are like the carbon fiber ones Oregon wore during their bowl game? If so, these are really cool, and I guarantee the younger guys will love it.

Showing these off for the first time at BDC is a nice touch, especially if the same recruits get to see us win the Egg Bowl in primetime wearing them

Original48
07-20-2013, 10:13 AM

I want to say the video guy does juco stuff now?
I think hes at EMCC NOW. I want to say he was GuyBehindtheGuy or something like that on sixpack. And he did make some really good videos.

Pollodawg
07-20-2013, 12:47 PM
If the kids love them, great. I have to say that I am not a fan, though.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2013, 12:49 PM

I like em. This is part of what Goat's thread was about. This is what we HAVE to do to start setting ourselves apart. Along with other things of course.

War Machine Dawg
07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
No just no, but HELL ****ING NO. We aren't ****ing Notre Dame. Just say NO to gold helmets. I don't mind the gold uni accents for the Egg Bowl, but those helmets are ****ing hideous. Our colors are Maron & White. Emphasize the MARON, dammit.

blacklistedbully
07-20-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm not trying to steal any thunder from Chilly, as I readily acknowledge his talent and my lack thereof. But I will say I was disappointed he didn't give me any credit at all for the "Bulldog helmet" he designed that was actually used. I proposed the idea to him back in 2010 on 6-pack. Here's a copy of the post:

12-28-2010, 01:42 PM #23
Silver helmets for the Gator Bowl?
Quote Originally Posted by ChillbillyDawg

</p>
Def like the carbonized steel look of the one on the right. Would add some subtle "texture" onto the background, darkening it a bit more. Perhaps small black paw-prints or small bulldogs or small "interlocking MSU logos, as circa 1981 or so. For that matter, you could simply cover the base background with dozens of small, black current "M-State" logos.<div>
</div><div>Now that I think of it, what I think would look bad-ass is the carbon-steel look just as you have it, incluidng the maroon logo, but add to it a ferocious-looking snarling bulldog whose head come to the front, jaws gaping at the facemask, body partially obscured by the M-State logo, but clearly visible over the top and back of the logo.

Coach34
07-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I dont a **** what we wear as long we win that game. Since we dont do the the interlocking MSU on the helmet, all of them look like shit to me these days- I hate that big ****ing M with a passion

CadaverDawg
07-20-2013, 05:16 PM
No just no, but HELL ****ING NO. We aren't ****ing Notre Dame. Just say NO to gold helmets. I don't mind the gold uni accents for the Egg Bowl, but those helmets are ****ing hideous. Our colors are Maron & White. Emphasize the MARON, dammit.

Why?

Because of our great football tradition? Because when you see our MState banner logo everyone thinks of great MSU teams of the past? Why the hell not try some cool new things so that kids want to come and be a part of it? I just don't get it when anyone makes a comment like that, as if it would ruin our tradition if we wore a gold helmet for the Egg Bowl. It's ONE game, and it would be fun for the players and the recruits would love it. S how could it possibly be a bad thing?

I'm not saying adopt it as a new home uniform...Im saying for ONE game, and then retire it. I think it would be cool. It's part of what we're going to have to do if we want to give guys a reason to come here. We can't just be the team that has nothing cool and different AND doesn't win 10+ games a season, and expect to draw in big time players in my opinion.

drunkernhelldawg
07-21-2013, 01:48 PM
We do have a football tradition. It's among the longest in the nation, and it boasts some of the most loyal and deeply loving fans in college football. As fans we are all part of that, and if others influenced us to become fans, like my father to me, then that tradition goes back further for you. For me it goes back to fives years before I was born in Starkville to a graduate student and his beautiful bride. I know what our colors are and always have been.
I don't mind doing something special with the uniform from time to time, but I deeply mind not being able to recognize my team as the Mississippi State Bulldogs whenever they are on the field of play. The worst regarding this is the unis we wore for TAMU last season. I'm sure there was some maroon in there, but all I remember is silver, streaks and glitter.

biscuit
07-21-2013, 04:04 PM
These are bad

Dawgface
07-21-2013, 04:08 PM
No.