PDA

View Full Version : Update on true bulldog Campbell Dale

somebodyshotmypaw
09-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Many of you know that he came to campus a few weeks ago and was a bulldog for a day. Kudos to the staff and players who made his dream come true. The family did make it to Disney World earlier this month and had a great trip. His time remaining here on earth is probably measured more in days than in weeks. If you are inclined to pray for people, please say a prayer for a wonderful kid.

Bama_Dawg
09-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Have been and will continue to pray for him and his family. No family should have to deal this this.

whosyourdawgy
09-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Friend of mine says he will be going to heaven soon. His caring bridge was updated and it is heart wrenching and heart warming at the same time. That little boy and his family unbelievably strong. Here is the caring bridge for those interested

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/campbelldale

God Bless you Campbell Dale

whosyourdawgy
09-18-2015, 10:43 AM
I just got some info too and posted. Never even met the little man but the emotions im feeling is like I've known him his entire short life.

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 10:44 AM
I'm so glad you posted something. I almost came so close to posting something on here this a.m. I did post something on Twitter though. I've been praying for this family since I found out & it was heartbreaking reading his mother's update on Caring Bridge this a.m. Was hard to get ready for work. I will continue to pray & have told others to do so as well. This family is special to MSU & I'm so glad that the university has embraced them like they have. He's a special kid & a special family. On the one hand, I'm sad for his family that will miss him but on the other hand happy for him that he will be made whole & not suffering when he leaves this earth. He's ready to go. He's tired & hurting. But still hard for the family he'll leave behind, nonetheless.

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Yeah someone else just posted something here about him too. Thanks for posting the CB link. I cried my eyes out this a.m. reading it. I'm sad for his family but happy for him at the same time. He's true Maroon.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Damn. That just puts everything in perspective. As a parent of a 8 year old and soon to be 6 year old I can't imagine going through something like this. The fact that she can sit down and put coherent thoughts together at this time speaks volumes to her faith and strength. I'm not sure I would be able to do the same.

Political Hack
09-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Man that absolutely breaks my heart. I can't begin to imagine going through that as a parent and how brave that young man has to be to endure this. It's absolutely gut wrenching to even contemplate. Thoughts and prayers for the whole family.

rtdawg
09-18-2015, 11:03 AM
I just got some info too and posted. Never even met the little man but the emotions im feeling is like I've known him his entire short life.

Feel the same way on this. Heartbreaking situation.

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Feel the same way on this. Heartbreaking situation.

As do I.

GreenheadDawg
09-18-2015, 11:22 AM
I have a 2 year old and I literally couldn't finish the whole post his mother made. We will never understand why things like this happen. We can only pray that the parents, family, and friends will find comfort knowing that their son will no longer be in pain. I can't imagine what his parents are going through. I don't think I would make it.

Tbonewannabe
09-18-2015, 11:26 AM
I should not have read that on my lunch break. That is an amazing family.

Bama_Dawg
09-18-2015, 02:44 PM
Bump. Even if Ole Miss fans want to pray for Campbell and his family, that's fine with us.

They need 'em all.

We'll keep sending up prayers from our side too.

dawggoneit
09-18-2015, 02:51 PM
I could not read much of that. Talk about a heart wrenching story. That will put you on your knees talking to the big man upstairs! Praying for the little guy and his family.

lifedog
09-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Praying for Campbell and his family

rbdog82
09-18-2015, 02:59 PM
I have a 2 year old and I literally couldn't finish the whole post his mother made. We will never understand why things like this happen. We can only pray that the parents, family, and friends will find comfort knowing that their son will no longer be in pain. I can't imagine what his parents are going through. I don't think I would make it.

Same here. I was drinking my coffee on the couch this morning with my 2yr old daughter and started reading that post. I started tearing up and she asked "What's wrong daddy?". I just told her we should say a special prayer for Campbell and we did. I can't imagine her being taken away this early in life. Kudos to the Dale family for their exceptionally strong faith. In some ways, I'm jealous. He gets back from an awesome experience at MSU and then an awesome trip of a lifetime to Disney, then he gets called to heaven while we still have to deal with life on earth.

RTO Dawg
09-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Praying for Campbell and his family

Heartbreaking

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Welp. He caught his rainbow today. I'm glad this thread was posted today. Please pray for his family. I'm so excited for Campbell but sad for his family. Hard to be at work & read this right now. Ugh.

https://twitter.com/CampbellBulldog/status/644973426583711744

TheRef
09-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Heartbreaking. Prayers sent, and I think it would be an awesome gesture if we as a board made a donation of some kind to St. Jude or Batson....

Bama_Dawg
09-18-2015, 03:50 PM
His pain and suffering are over, and he's gone home. His family needs your prayers as their journey without him in their life (but in their heart and minds) begins.

I said this before, but no family should have to deal with this, and does anyone feel almost exactly the same when you heard the news on Nick Bell?

Both of them True Maroon, and will be...forever.

Liverpooldawg
09-18-2015, 04:01 PM
My son is on his way home from MSU. We are taking off as soon as he gets here to go to a road game for the high school we both graduated from. It's something we have done many times before and I tend to take it for granted. I'm a lucky man.

sandwolf
09-18-2015, 04:01 PM
I have a 2 year old and I literally couldn't finish the whole post his mother made.

Yep, I have a 3 month old and I couldn't finish it either. Heartbreaking.

MsStateBaseball
09-18-2015, 04:04 PM
I bet Wes Rea and Ross Mitchell will be pall bearers.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Be great if they'd do something to honor him at the game tomorrow.

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Would be awesome if Wes & Ross were pall bearers!!! Would also be awesome if they do something at the game tomo. too.

missouridawg
09-18-2015, 04:15 PM
What an amazingly tough story to follow. Hope his pain is over.

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 04:26 PM
What an amazingly tough story to follow. Hope his pain is over.

It's def over. He's playing football with Nick Bell & Keffer McGee right now. Hahaha.

Statecoachingblows**
09-18-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm sure there's a bunch of kids getting a few extra hugs this afternoon. Heartbreaking to say the least. It's really amazing the things they were able to do in their last few weeks together. May this young man rest in peace and his family find the strength to continue to persevere.

Maroonthirteen
09-18-2015, 07:04 PM
I worked with a guy that lost his 5 year old son to cancer too. It was very saddening to see my coworker deal with that. I cant imagine his pain nor the Dales. So, my prayers to the Dale family.

Someone said it well on twitter... He'll never know how lives he touched and how many kids got hugs today because of him. Godbless Campbell.

Bothrops
09-18-2015, 07:05 PM
I hope our football team dedicates the entire season to Campbell and his family. We need remember them every week and keep praying for them.

Swagger Vance
09-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Very sad news. Prayers to the family and friends.

MSUDawg99
09-18-2015, 07:43 PM
I worked with a guy that lost his 5 year old son to cancer too. It was very saddening to see my coworker deal with that. I cant imagine his pain nor the Dales. So, my prayers to the Dale family.

Someone said it well on twitter... He'll never know how lives he touched and how many kids got hugs today because of him. Godbless Campbell. That might have been me who said that, if it's the tweet you're referring to??? https://twitter.com/dawg_girl99/status/644976411657109504

Coach34
09-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Just damn gut-wrenching

BulldogBear
09-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Just saw it on twitter. I couldn't bring myself to read the article and not sure I can now. I've got four young 'uns and can't imagine this. Just thankful I've had time to share with mine and heart breaking for this family. He's definitely safe now. Are we?

I've never been good at "funeral talk." There aren't any words really. People won't remember what you said but they will remember you were there.

There is no comfort outside of the saving grace of God thru Christ. I sure don't deserve it and need it as much as every man does. Little Campbell is safe and was covered by that grace.

Rest easy pup. Never got to meet you but I will. And I've no one to thank but Christ for that.

State82
09-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Well stated BulldogBear. I don't even have words for this tragedy. I read the Caring Bridge post and I can't comprehend how his Mom ever composed such a masterpiece in her state. That was just remarkable.

Behrdawg
09-18-2015, 11:20 PM
Something like this makes you realize that all the energy we spend on watching our favorite college team- really means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The opportunity to love and raise our babies should always be at the top of our list. This young child had everything to live for and something tells me the last days of his life were very special for him. Pray for the family to continue to persevere and be able to keep focusing on the wonderful memories they had with their precious child. None of us are ever promised tomorrow.

starkvegasdawg
09-19-2015, 02:45 AM
Just saw it on twitter. I couldn't bring myself to read the article and not sure I can now. I've got four young 'uns and can't imagine this. Just thankful I've had time to share with mine and heart breaking for this family. He's definitely safe now. Are we?

I've never been good at "funeral talk." There aren't any words really. People won't remember what you said but they will remember you were there.

There is no comfort outside of the saving grace of God thru Christ. I sure don't deserve it and need it as much as every man does. Little Campbell is safe and was covered by that grace.

Rest easy pup. Never got to meet you but I will. And I've no one to thank but Christ for that.
Events like this make being able to take my son to the game today even more special.

MSUDawg99
09-20-2015, 08:41 PM

AMEN! Couldn't agree more.

MSUDawg99
09-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Funeral arrangements for Campbell Dale ~ Visitation tomo & short visitation/funeral Tue a.m. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/campbelldale/journal/view/id/55ff742e4db921592d97f14e?utm_source=JEN&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=JEN+email&utm_content=visitsite