PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Sallee hates Mississippi State (shocker)

FlabLoser
07-19-2013, 09:57 PM
He tweets...

My SEC West Ballot: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State

Seriously? Aight, whatever. I don't get my jollies before August.

Arkansas should be dead last.

Let Ole Miss be overrated - that's right were they need to be..overrated.

We're better than we were the last time we played @Auburn when we almost won. Auburn is not.

The top 3, OK. Or flip LSU and aTm. Also possible that LSU flops all season long. After setting an attirition record, they could reload or could be mediocre.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2013, 02:10 AM
I saw this well, but to be honest, I just don't care anymore. Its very apparent that the media has decided that Mullen has lost complete control of his football program** and we are doomed to fall off the map**

They just don't have the energy to actually look at our depth chart and returners. They simply rate things based on hype and literally nothing else. This is especially true for Salee, who is an awful journalist, because he cares more about publishing an article everyday then actually researching the subject enough to write a good article.

I just don't care because we all know it doesn't mean a damn thing. I just hope that when we start winning this year, and people like Salee start writing nice things, people will just tell him to shove it.

Dawgfan77
07-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Last week I went after him on twitter asking him why he hated Mullen and state. I called him out on his Mullen under achiving collum he wrote. Oh and he denied writing that collum. F that Awbarn loving dip shit

The Croom Diaries
07-20-2013, 07:43 AM
The model of Bleacher Report is to top page views on top of page views. Sallee may very well hate MSU, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that he exacerbates the MSU hate because when he puts the fan bases with a greater population on top it generates more reads. MSU is at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to sheer numbers. He is going to piss off someone so why not the school without the numbers. Put your best foot forward to generate views.

In no way am I defending him. That is a horrible, sell-out approach. But I also don't believe all writers write their full belief. I know I throw out some OM BS articles from time to time just to piss them off. It pretty much always works.

But we should definitely harass anyone who downs us. The more heat they think they will get the less likely they are to hate on us...to a degree.

Original48
07-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Before the season last year Barrett Sallyy say Mullen would probably be on the hot seat by mid season and that a slow start by Auburn would in no way jeopardize Chizik's job. He really has the mentality of a third grade boy trying to argue his point in an unwinnable argument. It is apparent to anyone who can read Mr. Sallyy holds Mullen personally responsible for the fact that no one in America says Auburn and national champions in the same sentence without a wink and a nod. He hates Mullen for that. He resents the fact that he cannot discuss anything Auburn without the proper recognition of their national title. In his mind its Mullen's fault that he has to hear Cam...$180K...rented mule...Cecil...church payoffs...wire taps...incarcerated Bob...the money was just too much...Sooper Trooper...and all that comes with that "national championship" instead.

QuadrupleOption
07-20-2013, 08:31 AM
He tweets...
My SEC West Ballot: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State

Well looking objectively I'm not sure where I'd place us. We have to go on the road to play A&M, Arkansas, and Auburn.

A&M is going to be a difficult game for us (based on last year).

We've NEVER won at Arkansas, no matter how bad they've been or how good we've been.

Auburn is expected to improve due to their talent and new head coach straightening out their offense. They should be better but it will be in the 6-7 win category I'm thinking.

We probably aren't beating Bama, and LSU has our number.

We play @South Carolina which will be a huge challenge as they are a top SEC team.

So we are staring at 2-6 if we beat Ole Miss. Sallee picking us last isn't because he hates us. It's because we have a brutal schedule that's also populated with road games against teams we have had trouble with historically.

Objectively, 1-7 is a real possibility for us this year in the SEC along with a 4-8 record if we don't play to our talent level and don't adjust our defense and offensive play-calling.

Personally I think we can knock off the 3 teams ahead of us and Kentucky to grab at least a 4-4 SEC record. That's a pretty good year.

Bo Darville
07-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Y'all must understand that "journalism" isn't what it used to be. You can thank 6000 cable TV channels and a gazillion websites for the fall of journalism. Hell, Oxford Godfrey is a "journalist", which is like me claiming to be a surgeon because I know how to put a Hello Kitty Band-Aid on my daughter's booboo.

The Croom Diaries
07-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Y'all must understand that "journalism" isn't what it used to be. You can thank 6000 cable TV channels and a gazillion websites for the fall of journalism. Hell, Oxford Godfrey is a "journalist", which is like me claiming to be a surgeon because I know how to put a Hello Kitty Band-Aid on my daughter's booboo.

For starters neither Godfrey or Sallee are journalist. They are bloggers who are on a salary.

Ronny
07-20-2013, 10:02 AM
...pre-season last year (2012) & look at the SECW pre-season predictions (not Sallee's predictiions, but the SEC Media Day predictions):

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/235712/2012-preseason-sec-media-days-all-sec-team.aspx

LSU
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Texas A&M
Mississippi State
Ole Miss

This how the "experts" predicted the SECW would finish in 2012.

This is so ridiculous it looks like a list of 7 teams a 2 year old girl picked out out of a hat at random.

You have to ignore these hacks.

The work purely on gut feeling, their motivation is for profit, self-aggrandizement & they use their foolish bullshit to draw attention to themselves.

Sallee knows as much about how MSU (or anybody else) is going to finish in the SECW as I know who will be elected president in the year 2040.

Remember, accordind to the Sallee's of the world, 2012 was going to be the year of Tyler Wilson (insert laughing emoticon here).

Political Hack
07-20-2013, 10:20 AM
1) Bama
2) LSU
3) A&M
4) Egg Bowl Winner
6) Auburn
7) Arkansas

Coach34
07-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I think the media picking us 7th all but guarantees we won't finish there

And by some chance we do- Mullen is coaching for his job in 2014. I just don't see it happening with this roster. That will mean alot talented people didnt live up to the hype and weren't coached up

Pollodawg
07-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Most preseason prognostications are 90% garbage and 10% trash.

Bo Darville
07-20-2013, 11:08 AM
For starters neither Godfrey or Sallee are journalist. They are bloggers who are on a salary.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. My point still stands that the bar is set real low if Godfrey can earn a salary for what he does. Then again the Kardashian girls are making millions, so I guess anything is possible.

Coach 57
07-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Phil Steele, Barrette Sally, and Godfrey are picking based soley off of returning starters, gut (or which team they pull for Sally) & hype.

I mean I buy Phil Steele's nag every year because it has alot if material in it. But he has Robert Nkemdichie as ALL SEC 3rd team? That's purely hype based. Plus he has never picked us right. He always has picked us on the under side of win total. Don't worry. This will be fuel for Mullen and staff for this season.

The Croom Diaries
07-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Phil Steele, Barrette Sally, and Godfrey are picking based soley off of returning starters, gut (or which team they pull for Sally) & hype.

I mean I buy Phil Steele's nag every year because it has alot if material in it. But he has Robert Nkemdichie as ALL SEC 3rd team? That's purely hype based. Plus he has never picked us right. He always has picked us on the under side of win total. Don't worry. This will be fuel for Mullen and staff for this season.

I agree on Phil Steele. I love his magazine and I refer to it all the time because it's packed with useful info. His player rankings aren't always the best though, and this year I think he is waaaay over valuing OM and devaluing us. But I think he is much more objective than the others - after going through all of his tools on how he ranks teams I see why he has MSU where he does, I just don't agree.