PDA

View Full Version : Cj Johnson and the confederate flag

msstate7
09-17-2015, 05:04 PM
"It sickens me when I see [a Confederate flag] on people's cars on campus. If you have the Confederate flag on your vehicle, you have a problem. And I don't care if it's socially what you believe in or it's morally what you believe in or you're just doing it for s---s and giggles. It's just the fact of what it stands for. It's almost like you might as well put a tag on the front of your car that says 'n-----.' That's really what it boils down to. You might as well just put a big tag on the front of your car or hang a big flag on the back of your car and just say the N-word."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ole-miss-rebels-cj-johnson-confederate-flag-091715

Uhhh... Cj, do you know who you play for?

Todd4State
09-17-2015, 05:11 PM
He might as well put a tag on front of his car that says "Swallow?"

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Yet he went there, the self declared by a large % of their fans bastion of the old south. Interesting.

thf24
09-17-2015, 05:42 PM
If this gets enough attention, it could be a very nice complement to their potential NCAA situation.

archdog
09-17-2015, 05:45 PM
That is more articulate than I thought he could speak. Hats off to him. At least someone on their team has the balls to say it. Unfortunately, the the vast majority of the UM culture is built around racism. Now I know CJ and our fanbase has their differences based on some shady tactics by their recruiting, the way he handled the situation, and the way our fans handled the decommitment, but those comment are absolutely correct. Too bad more minority players do not understand what they are signing up for when they join that university.

Thompson92
09-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Cue thousands of frat boys named "John Bedworth" or some garbage saying:
"Uh yeah, totally. 'Rebels' should stay though. 'Ole Miss' doesn't bother anyone. Poor people are a burden on soci-I mean....I'm sophisticated."

Swagger Vance
09-17-2015, 05:46 PM
It sickens me to hear the name CJ Johnson and im offended by some of the things hes said on twitter in the past. So i think his name should be banned and from now on be known as, Range Rover Johnson.

GreenheadDawg
09-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Burn baby burn. Burn that bitch to the ground

msstate7
09-17-2015, 05:50 PM
It sickens me to hear the name CJ Johnson and im offended by some of the things hes said on twitter in the past. So i think his name should be banned and from now on be known as, Range Rover Johnson.

Has he traded the Z71 in for a Range Rover?

Swagger Vance
09-17-2015, 05:52 PM
He drives whatever they lease him from month to month. And by lease i mean give.

Quaoarsking
09-17-2015, 06:03 PM
I mean, he chose to go there. It's not like the Confederate flag situation was any different there 4 years ago.

Taco
09-17-2015, 06:03 PM
He knew what he was getting into. I say, let em crash.

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/Cappalotti/Fark/crash.jpg

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2015, 06:04 PM
He drives whatever they lease him from month to month. And by lease i mean give.
Nobody beats a Cannon deal.

Behrdawg
09-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Nobody beats a Cannon deal.

NOBODY!!!!

Drugdog
09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm glad I bought my 4Runner from Herrin Gear. Didn't know Cannon was a Confederate.

AlSwearengen
09-17-2015, 06:58 PM
What a dumb17. Not necessarily for his stance on this particular subject, but damn. Where were his concerns about this four years ago? Dumb17.

Lance Harbor
09-17-2015, 07:17 PM

#airplane

Lance Harbor
09-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Maybe he learned a few things between 17 and 21? Pissed much?

ScoobaDawg
09-17-2015, 07:43 PM
What a joke.. I sent him and SI a reply asking "if he knows what "Ole Miss" Means..and if that shouldn't sicken him. What a joke. " along with my sig pic.

Saltydog
09-17-2015, 07:50 PM
nt

maroonmania
09-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Who cares what CJ says. He has no credibility when he was bought and paid for to go work on the plantation under the symbol of the Confederate flag. Just take your money, play football and keep your mouth shut CJ.

sandwolf
09-17-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm glad I bought my 4Runner from Herrin Gear. Didn't know Cannon was a Confederate.

Haha, well unfortunately the Herrin's are Rebels too......good folks though.

SDDawg
09-17-2015, 08:54 PM
CJ reaps what he sows...

whosyourdawgy
09-17-2015, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;412695]He might as well put a tag on front of his car that says "Swallow?"[/QUOTE

No. The tag on the front of his car says "Cannon"

32 Dive
09-17-2015, 11:34 PM

Best pop culture reference (even if it is 35 years old) I have seen in a long while...

blacklistedbully
09-18-2015, 03:34 AM
That is more articulate than I thought he could speak. Hats off to him. At least someone on their team has the balls to say it. Unfortunately, the the vast majority of the UM culture is built around racism. Now I know CJ and our fanbase has their differences based on some shady tactics by their recruiting, the way he handled the situation, and the way our fans handled the decommitment, but those comment are absolutely correct. Too bad more minority players do not understand what they are signing up for when they join that university.

He chose the money over the social implications. If he really felt that strongly about it, what does his representing them on the football field say about his character?

Political Hack
09-18-2015, 07:45 AM

I know. I'm so confused now. Trying not to like him...

somebodyshotmypaw
09-18-2015, 07:48 AM
I read the article and the whole slant was about race in college football. But it only addressed racial mistreatment of blacks. The 2010 Census showed a US racial makeup of 72% white and 13% black. In 2013, FBS football programs were 43.3% white and 51.6% black. So maybe there is a problem there, but it isn't a lack of opportunity for blacks. Also, CJ mentioned the word n*****. Have you ever been on a sidelines of college game or NFL game? Have you ever been a referee? The word is said constantly, but it's not the white players saying it. I've been on the field, so I know.

FISHDAWG
09-18-2015, 08:23 AM
He chose the money over the social implications. If he really felt that strongly about it, what does his representing them on the football field say about his character?

yeah but I'll bet his allowance is about to be cut in half now .... or either the furniture will be ........

ETA - sorry bully, I meant to respond to Archdog