PDA

View Full Version : Preston Brown pitched a gem this evening it appears...

CadaverDawg
07-19-2013, 07:34 PM
7 innings, 1 unearned run and 8 Strikeouts.

Could this guy be a surprise arm for us the next few years?

I don't know anything about the competition he is facing or anything, but from what I've seen, it seems like he is having a very solid summer so far.

. @HotOffThePrest is done after pitching seven brilliant innings, with one run (unearned) and eight strikeouts #HailState

State82
07-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Nice outing. Good info, CD. Where is he this summer?

CadaverDawg
07-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Nice outing. Good info, CD. Where is he this summer?

Westhampton Aviators, but I have no clue what league that is

Coach34
07-19-2013, 09:36 PM
In former player news- Renfroe is cooling off after that hot start- 3-16 the last 4 games

Todd4State
07-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I believe that is the Hamptons League. It's a smaller summer league- he's probably facing freshmen more than anything. That said, that's still a good performance. As far as Preston helping us out, I think he could out of the bullpen as a middle reliever. He was pitching a good bit until Butch told him to not throw a curveball to Mason Katz and for some God unknown reason he threw Katz a curveball anyway and it got hit out of the park, and Preston was pretty much done for the year.

But, a 3.38 ERA with 8 K's and 5 BB's while holding people to a .222 average as a redshirt freshman in 8 IP is pretty respectable. He just has to improve his control a little bit and throw what the coaches tell him to and he will be fine. I do know that the coaches like him as a player.

Homedawg
07-19-2013, 10:44 PM
7 innings, 1 unearned run and 8 Strikeouts.

Could this guy be a surprise arm for us the next few years?

I don't know anything about the competition he is facing or anything, but from what I've seen, it seems like he is having a very solid summer so far.

. @HotOffThePrest is done after pitching seven brilliant innings, with one run (unearned) and eight strikeouts #HailState

He has a fb w lots of sink and run. That will make him a Butch favorite as long as he locates it. He can help us for sure in situational matchups.

Coach34
07-19-2013, 11:21 PM
He has a fb w lots of sink and run. That will make him a Butch favorite as long as he locates it. He can help us for sure in situational matchups.

next Kendall Graveman?