PDA

View Full Version : This quote made by Bjork

Behrdawg
09-17-2015, 07:33 AM
Is a bunch of shit....

"The matters involving Laremy Tunsil aren't related to anybody on our football staff, Coach Freeze or any of the assistants," Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork told ESPN.com.

So you're telling me that NONE of the coaches saw Tunsil rolling up to the facilities in this loaner car? Even further- none of them chose to say anything to him about it? Ole Miss is like government leeches- their sense of entitlement is disgusting and arrogant. I hope the NCAA puts the hammer on them and their false prophet- Hugh Freeze.

Political Hack
09-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Even his high school coach brought up crap from his original recruitment. So did UGA officials. This one has been brewing along time and to flat out say "we didn't know" sounds like a futile attempt to get as far away from a "lack of institutional" control charge as possible. The fact that it was a major sponsor for their football program, a local dealer, someone that has regular contact with Ath Dept officials, and likely sits in a box... It's not looking good for the confederates.

BrunswickDawg
09-17-2015, 07:47 AM
And with their documented issues in at least 2 other sports programs, it smacks of lack of institutional control.
Maybe as a part of this, OM will get hit more for the way they game the compliance system more than the actual violations by The Network.
Seems to me that would be easier for the NCAA to pop them for anyway.

Really Clark?
09-17-2015, 07:55 AM
With the new rules in place, the "I didn't know" defense doesn't matter any more concerning coaches. Basically, it's their program so the NCAA looks at you as if your guilty until you prove your innocence. More responsibility is on the coaches to know or should know about the goings with their student athelete. It will be interesting to know if they are going to piggy back all of this like USC case for stronger penalties than just what they can find with the football program.

starkvegasdawg
09-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Not saying TSUN is in a lot of trouble, but I heard this was the NCAA investigator working the case.

http://gpfarah.com/gpfarahcom/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Rubber-Glove-Doctor-300x200.jpg

Behrdawg
09-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Richt had a few things to say when Tunsil went to Ole Miss, too. Ole Miss is one of the dirtiest programs in the country and they've done a good job of hiding it. The NCAA should find the "goldmine" of recruitment infractions. Let's just hope that OM folks haven't brought down any prostitutes from Memphis to distract the NCAA investigators***

Schultzy
09-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Players getting extra benefits has never bothered me personally, if some fan wants to give his hard earned money to a college kid or his family to come play football more power to them.

As long as it's understood that every school cheats and let the chips fall where they may.

But that hasn't been the history concerning people with allegiances to UM. They have actively practiced to do harm to MSU and its student athletes for decades (Xena, DeVinner, etc. and people before them).

That's why the schadenfreude is strong here, absent that history we wouldn't care nearly so much.

Political Hack
09-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Richt had a few things to say when Tunsil went to Ole Miss, too. Ole Miss is one of the dirtiest programs in the country and they've done a good job of hiding it. The NCAA should find the "goldmine" of recruitment infractions. Let's just hope that OM folks haven't brought down any prostitutes from Memphis to distract the NCAA investigators***

You think they're doing background/PI style investigations of the NCAA investigators?

Political Hack
09-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Players getting extra benefits has never bothered me personally, if some fan wants to give his hard earned money to a college kid or his family to come play football more power to them.

As long as it's understood that every school cheats and let the chips fall where they may.

But that hasn't been the history concerning people with allegiances to UM. They have actively practiced to do harm to MSU and its student athletes for decades (Xena, DeVinner, etc. and people before them).

That's why the schadenfreude is strong here, absent that history we wouldn't care nearly so much.

This is it. I don't care what they do really, but when they stepped on my front door and started paying people to run their mouth about crap they didn't have a clue about, just to drag an 18 year old kid and State through the mud, they inspired a new level of hatred in me.

Behrdawg
09-17-2015, 08:54 AM
You think they're doing background/PI style investigations of the NCAA investigators?

Nothing would surprise me about those jackasses. And to answer your question- yes.

whosyourdawgy
09-17-2015, 08:58 AM
I wonder if the NCAA interviewed the recruit from Twitter that was talking about the rev back packs? If not, somebody give them his number

Political Hack
09-17-2015, 09:02 AM
I wonder if the NCAA interviewed the recruit from Twitter that was talking about the rev back packs? If not, somebody give them his number

And the OL that got taken hunting on his official visit and then got PO'd after getting to campus and left. I forget his name.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-17-2015, 09:09 AM

Or Tee Shepard when he talked on the phone with Freeze all night before signing day and flipped to the them.

Behrdawg
09-17-2015, 09:12 AM
There is a house involved in this investigation, too.

LeakyD
09-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Remember how all of their big name guys in the 2013 class went to the Birmingham Bowl on their own dime? Yeah, because every high school kid can afford that.

sandwolf
09-17-2015, 09:48 AM
And the OL that got taken hunting on his official visit and then got PO'd after getting to campus and left. I forget his name.

I believe you are referring to Austin Golson, from Prattville, AL.

mic
09-17-2015, 09:50 AM

Yeah that kid was only committed to FSU for over a year before his one and only trip to Oxford.. But we all know that Oxford and OM is just that special of a place...

BossDawg
09-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Even his high school coach brought up crap from his original recruitment. So did UGA officials. This one has been brewing along time and to flat out say "we didn't know" sounds like a futile attempt to get as far away from a "lack of institutional" control charge as possible. The fact that it was a major sponsor for their football program, a local dealer, someone that has regular contact with Ath Dept officials, and likely sits in a box... It's not looking good for the confederates.

I hope it's not looking good for them, but I would bet the farm that NOTHING happens. Nothing they actually deserve anyway. The way smoke has been bellowing out of Oxford for the past few years, UMiss is all but admitting that they are ultra-dirty s.o.b's. Either some boosters are gonna pay off the NCAA investigators or the investigators are just going through the motions and won't find s#!t, sooo, I'm not holding my breath that anything will happen.

And if it doesn't, all bets should be off as far as our recruiting is concerned.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Is a bunch of shit....

"The matters involving Laremy Tunsil aren't related to anybody on our football staff, Coach Freeze or any of the assistants," Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork told ESPN.com.

So you're telling me that NONE of the coaches saw Tunsil rolling up to the facilities in this loaner car? Even further- none of them chose to say anything to him about it? Ole Miss is like government leeches- their sense of entitlement is disgusting and arrogant. I hope the NCAA puts the hammer on them and their false prophet- Hugh Freeze.
I think it involves them according to the new NCAA rules whether they knew anything or not. According the the New NCAA rule they SHOULD have known. If they didn't then they aren't in control of their program.

Political Hack
09-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Remember how all of their big name guys in the 2013 class went to the Birmingham Bowl on their own dime? Yeah, because every high school kid can afford that.

Flew in from the all star game in Florida.

Really Clark?
09-17-2015, 10:53 AM
I think it involves them according to the new NCAA rules whether they knew anything or not. According the the New NCAA rule they SHOULD have known. If they didn't then they aren't in control of their program.

Well you have to look closely at that statement and how it relates to the new rule. The new rule does throw out the "I didn't know" defense but only as it relates to the coaches knowledge of his staff, assistants, or someone who works with the football program. See how that statement lines up with the new rule. An outside individual can still do something and the coach can claim no knowledge in that scenario.

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Well you have to look closely at that statement and how it relates to the new rule. The new rule does throw out the "I didn't know" defense but only as it relates to the coaches knowledge of his staff, assistants, or someone who works with the football program. See how that statement lines up with the new rule. An outside individual can still do something and the coach can claim no knowledge in that scenario.
Gotcha. I thought it applied to boosters too. I'd say that means something is definitely in the wind with their boosters then. That statement all but admits it. Wouldn't that fall under lack of institutional control then?

For you Confederate lurkers I remember how it was when this shoe was on our foot. You had your fun then.

Really Clark?
09-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Gotcha. I thought it applied to boosters too. I'd say that means something is definitely in the wind with their boosters then. That statement all but admits it. Wouldn't that fall under lack of institutional control then?

For you Confederate lurkers I remember how it was when this shoe was on our foot. You had your fun then.

I think if the NCAA decides to stack all of the offenses of their other sports programs, you can get to lack of control possibly without even evidence of booster benefits. Sort of like what happened with USC. The other issue is, how close is Cannon to the program and the assistants. Any evidence with that regard could be a problem. He is not just a booster but an atheletic corporate sponsor as well. But that's all just speculation.