PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Pumping!

MSUDawg99
09-16-2015, 05:25 PM
-Brandon Holloway is 2nd nationally averaging 47yds per KO return
-Fred Ross leads the SEC in receptions with 14
-MSU is 6-0 against FCS opponents under Dan Mullen (well Damn! I would hope so!)
-MSU has won 8 straight reg season non-conf games (another, I would hope so! stat)
-Dak Prescott has thrown a TD pass in 16 consecutive games, 2nd longest active streak in the nation
-Dak Prescott has thrown a school-record 139 straight passes w/o an INT
-Last time we played NW St. was in 1946. We won 27-0 in Stark. Funny thing is we've played them twice & we've outscored the Demons 81-0. Ha! The bad guys don't win.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-16-2015, 05:43 PM
-

He probably also leads the league in drops as well.

AROB44
09-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Do we have to continually dog our players?

drunkernhelldawg
09-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

Impressed by Dak's no Int. streak and his TD pass streak. As for the rest, I'm into that stat under W and L.

Appreciate the info though. Ross has a nice start to the season.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Do we have to continually dog our players?

Sorry, soldier. It sounded appropriate at the time.

FISHDAWG
09-17-2015, 07:53 AM
-MSU is 6-0 against FCS opponents under Dan Mullen (well Damn! I would hope so!)
-MSU has won 8 straight reg season non-conf games (another, I would hope so! stat)
-Dak Prescott has thrown a TD pass in 16 consecutive games, 2nd longest active streak in the nation
-Last time we played NW St. was in 1946. We won 27-0 in Stark. Funny thing is we've played them twice & we've outscored the Demons 81-0. Ha! The bad guys don't win.

Good post ... thanks for posting this info. It goes well with my morning coffee

MSUDawg99
09-17-2015, 09:04 AM
Ha. I know. I'm still a bit bitter about the LSU loss AND the shittastic play at USM too but was surprised to see these stats. Doesn't erase the sting of the loss. CDM admitted he screwed up & lost it for us.

scottycameron
09-17-2015, 10:10 AM

sounds impressive! What is FCS again?

scottycameron
09-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Ha. I know. I'm still a bit bitter about the LSU loss AND the shittastic play at USM too but was surprised to see these stats. Doesn't erase the sting of the loss. CDM admitted he screwed up & lost it for us.

Glad to see DM be a man and take the fall (unlike some others) that's why he gets paid what he does. It should be part of the job. I lay a LOT of it on Dak, but a REAL coach will always deflect that to him. Kudos.

MSUDawg99
09-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Glad to see DM be a man and take the fall (unlike some others) that's why he gets paid what he does. It should be part of the job. I lay a LOT of it on Dak, but a REAL coach will always deflect that to him. Kudos.

I understand but will say that Dan admitted he was trying to get to the 20-25yd line in the end & should've gone with his gut instinct instead of being selfish & it backfired.

HOWEVER, the pass to Shumpert on the 2pt conversion made me sick at my stomach to watch again. Ugh. That was on Dak & he being a man himself admitted it. But Shumpert losing his footing didn't help matters either.

MSUDawg99
09-17-2015, 10:49 AM
sounds impressive! What is FCS again?

FCS stands for Football Championship Div.- Division II ball

scottycameron
09-17-2015, 02:05 PM
FCS stands for Football Championship Div.- Division II ball

I don't think that is correct. Y'all wouldn't be so confused if you just call it what it is.

MSUDawg99
09-17-2015, 03:31 PM
I don't think that is correct. Y'all wouldn't be so confused if you just call it what it is.

Ha. Apparently I'm missing some inside joke or a diff acronym here.

MSUDawg99
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
A follow-up stat to one listed above:

Dak leads the consecutive att. w/o INT w/139 (MSU rec.)
---
Next closest ~ Lambert at UGA w/54

Gotta love Bill Martin, the stat sunshine pumper man!

scottycameron
09-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Ha. Apparently I'm missing some inside joke or a diff acronym here.

no, I don't think so. I don't think DII has a nerdy gay nickname made up for it yet. I think II and III are still II and III.