PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot oversold or either poorly policed.

shannondawg
09-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Arrived at 5:30 for game, and our lot 18 was completely filled. After finally finding a spot to park which was not easy elsewhere , upon further checking there were a number of golf carts taking up spaces in 18.

Anybody else have this problem?

Homedawg
09-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Arrived at 5:30 for game, and our lot 18 was completely filled. After finally finding a spot to park which was not easy elsewhere , upon further checking there were a number of golf carts taking up spaces in 18.

Lots are oversold. W that said, a bunch of my lot was taken up w tents of tailgaters that should be parking spots.

ScottH
09-16-2015, 04:36 PM

Well misery loves company. At least i'm not alone.

I have had that problem in Lot 18 last year for Aub, AM, UM and this year LSU. It is beyond frustrating.

Feel free to message me.

PassInterference
09-16-2015, 04:43 PM
I think you oversold victims might want to demand refunds.

Homedawg
09-16-2015, 05:26 PM
I think you oversold victims might want to demand refunds.

Every lot is oversold. It's a problem. It wouldn't be as bad if they kept non lot holders out and people didn't tailgate in parking spaces.

AROB44
09-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Had the same problem last year and contacted the Bulldog Club. Polite response, but no help on the problem. Solution is to get to my lot about 3 hours before kickoff. Really sucks.

Entodawg
09-16-2015, 06:48 PM
Problem might be from people paying cash to event staff at gates. I know several people who only come to a couple games a year and slide the gate staff $20 and park in the reserved lots. Bet this is a pretty common thing.

bobcat91
09-16-2015, 06:51 PM
I see trucks parked with trailers on the back taking up two spaces. The trailers have either a golf cart or a huge bbq grille. They need to buy 2 parking passes.

BulldogBear
09-16-2015, 07:10 PM
This is one of the reasons I have never gotten a pass. I am very slow to anger, except on a few certain pet peeves. That sort of situation is one of them. I would likely cause a scene in that situation if my alternative was to PAY to park elsewhere when there was no space available where I already paid to park.

That would be like ordering a pizza carryout and paying for it online... then arriving to pick it up and they accidentally gave it to someone else... then offering to let you pay for another one. None of us would stand for that and none of you should stand for this. I would be going on record each time, social media, video camera, blow up Bulldog Club email along with Keenum's and Stricklin's. In short, get you a free pass for next year at least.

archdog
09-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Every lot is oversold. It's a problem. It wouldn't be as bad if they kept non lot holders out and people didn't tailgate in parking spaces.

It says specifically to not park your golf carts and setup tailgates in parking areas. What the hell, bunch of dumb 17s.

Homedawg
09-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Problem might be from people paying cash to event staff at gates. I know several people who only come to a couple games a year and slide the gate staff $20 and park in the reserved lots. Bet this is a pretty common thing.

It's not just common it's very common. 3 years ago I get to my lot to have a car in front of me who were ark fans, btw, pay the attendant $20. I stopped the car and went nuts on the guy. It's one thing to grease your pocket. It's another to do it from the opposing school. The guy never worked another game as an attendant again

Homedawg
09-16-2015, 08:54 PM
It says specifically to not park your golf carts and setup tailgates in parking areas. What the hell, bunch of dumb 17s.

Yea I know. But they won't stop it. It's posted on the pass. I guess they are supposed to self police****

Howboutdemdogs
09-16-2015, 09:49 PM
With carts and trailers, yes it is frustrating to see the carts crammed in every corner taking up space. However, understanding that this is an issue is the reason why I do buy 2 parking passes. One for the truck and one for the trailer. It is the proper thing to do. Also, both passes are displayed on the mirror of the truck. If I fork out the money for 2 passes, so should everyone else that is towing.

mstatefan91
09-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Had a guy park with his trailer across 4 and a half parking spots. At least unhitch and just use two spots. Geez

thf24
09-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Do the people tailgating have passes for the parking spots they're taking up? Still not cool since the lots are oversold to begin with, but they really need to do something if people are buying one pass and using four spots.

basedog
09-17-2015, 08:13 AM

Easy solution for you shannondog, take one of your goats and ride it to the gate and tie it up! Hell bring a trailer full of goats and rent them out, you will be able to give a donation to the Basketball program again with the profit you would make.

Behrdawg
09-17-2015, 08:24 AM
If it happens again, call this number on game day 662-325-8158 or call this number during the week 662-325-0958.
Ask for Brent Frey. He can help you out.

shannondawg
09-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Easy solution for you shannondog, take one of your goats and ride it to the gate and tie it up! Hell bring a trailer full of goats and rent them out, you will be able to give a donation to the Basketball program again with the profit you would make.
I got em all rented out clearing land. How do you think I got enough money for tickets and parking pass.

basedog
09-17-2015, 02:56 PM
I got em all rented out clearing land. How do you think I got enough money for tickets and parking pass.

I say, get that mule and wagon, we can shuttle folks in and out at premium price, I will ride shotgun and water the mule. Btw, yo bro n law and gang may need a ride!

shannondawg
09-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Let em walk, they can cool down in their air conditioned box.

bobcat91
09-17-2015, 07:57 PM

Thank you for purchasing a parking pass for the 2015 football season from the Bulldog Club.* As we do following each home game, Athletics staff gathered with Game Operations and Parking staff to review Saturday's game with LSU.* MSU Athletics and campus officials along with state and local law enforcement will continue to refine our game day traffic and parking plan as the season progresses.* We ask your assistance in the following areas:

**Please display your parking hang tag at all times. A number of vehicles were relocated this past Saturday and parking services will continue to move cars that are parked in reserved lots with no pass displayed. It is important that we are able to identify those vehicles that are parked in the correct lot so please leave your parking pass hanging from your rear view mirror or laying on your dash board for the duration of the game.

**Please review Mississippi State University's Private Golf Cart Policy and remember that carts may only be parked in designated areas. A golf cart may not be parked in a spot in a reserved parking lot.

**Please review the game day Fan Guide for road closure and traffic flow information. Also, please remember that the way you are asked to leave campus after a game may not be the route you would normally take to leave campus, partiucularly if you are parked on the south side. If you are not familiar with the traffic patterns and alternate routes to major thoroughfares, please review the Fan Guide or the detailed Game Day map on the University's web site.

**The Parking Assistance Center is equipped with resources to assist fans and visitors with any issues that arise on game days. The PAC is located in the Bryan Building Ticket Office on game days and can be reached at 662-325-9114. If you need to visit the PAC in person, please access the Bryan Building via Lakeview Rd. and George Perry St. You must have a Lot 36 or 38 pass to access Lakeview Rd. via Bailey Howell Dr.*

Again, thank you for your support of Mississippi State University and Bulldog Football.* We look forward to seeing you on campus for the reaminder of the season.* Hail State!

? 2015 NeuLion. All rights reserved. To no longer receive these messages, please unsubscribe.

NeuLion

bobcat91
09-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Sorry I posted it twice.

bobcat91
09-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Nm